test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am i the only one who has this problem?

ninjacatninjacat Posts: 0 Arc User
So i was going to log on champions online when all of the sudden this one time code thing pops up i clicked cancle saw the usual typed in my username and password then it pops up again so i looked on my aol account and i don't have it so i don't know what else to do i'm not the only one having this problem right?:frown:
Post edited by ninjacat on

Comments

• zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It get sent to your email. Basically they have a new security policy in place that makes it so that only computers you've authorized are allowed to log into your account.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not a problem. It's a feature. So we know quckly if we get hacked rather than after 2 years....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ninjacat wrote: »
    my aol account

Well there's your problem. :P

Yeah, I don't really see how this will help much, it's not like we'd see any compensation if we were to get hacked. But, step in the right direction. I expect authenticators in the not too distant future.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • brakanur65brakanur65 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I played the day before and after the "email" deal I never recieved I have been waiting days for a non-existant reply to my inquiries to tech support. I guess my next email will be to have the $150 sent to my bank account for my lifetime membership costs.
  • ninjacatninjacat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Yeah, I don't really see how this will help much, it's not like we'd see any compensation if we were to get hacked. But, step in the right direction. I expect authenticators in the not too distant future.[/QUOTEG

Guess i'll have to change my email will that work?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It get sent to your email. Basically they have a new security policy in place that makes it so that only computers you've authorized are allowed to log into your account.

How come i never had to authorise my computer yet? Not that i'm complaining, because honestly, i think it's a stupid system, but i'd expect with such a drastic feature that's locking people out of their own accounts if their email is out of date to have some consistency, otherwise they can't really issue out blanket statements to people who actually do get hacked like "Well account guard would have prevented that, so you clearly messed up" But then that player can argue they never got any account guard system to authorise or de-authorise computers.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ninjacat wrote: »

Yeah, I don't really see how this will help much, it's not like we'd see any compensation if we were to get hacked. But, step in the right direction. I expect authenticators in the not too distant future.[/QUOTEG

Guess i'll have to change my email will that work?

Wouldn't hurt. Aol mail is unreliable at best. Check your spam folder?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited July 2012
    yeah i checked and still nothing.
    edited July 2012
    chaelk wrote: »

still need the stupid code.