test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1K Day Veteran Reward

stormshadestormshade Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Super News Network
New "Ultimate" 1,000 day veteran rewards have arrived! Thanks to all our veterans for their continued support of Champions Online!

Link to the article
Post edited by stormshade on

Comments

• variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The new tights aren't available to wear with Jackets. This makes my Trechcoat-wearing hero sad.
  • forher666forher666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The tights are awesome but really no matching set for gloves, feet, or mask. Come on set 1 - 5 for chest and legs and one for head, feet, and gloves??? Also love the new travel power but I HATE the fact that none of my level 40's can use it for less than 200g's each. I am really disappointed in the lack of thought for players with existing characters especially most who have been on this game for 1000 days have many 40's that makes respec-ing very VERY expensive. I'm shocked that there was no respec granted for 1000 days!
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    whats the tight look like anyone got a pic of em?
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Grumble, pout, moan and weeps.

Thanks for the rewards ladies and gentlemen of the Cryptic team.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • empyreal11empyreal11 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not gonna lie, this looks kinda awesome. Nice work Cryptic!
    Was expecting more complaints. Rewards sound awesome though. Nice one guys.
  • m3nderm3nder Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    im quite disappointed at the basicness of this reward bundle. the fact that it was so late to the party and the hints from the devs that it was going to be beyond epic because it was "OMG 1000! days!" only to be given ... this . some tights... and a single meh looking flight power.

<waves sadly at the rest of the players> its been something else over the last few years but cyrptic and its lazyness and lack of ability to not be staffed by ******* who dont even understand the game they run has lost a customer for life. and thats a lifetime that cant be taken back be cause of a merger
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    variatas wrote: »
    The new tights aren't available to wear with Jackets. This makes my Trechcoat-wearing hero sad.

Did you really expect new costume pieces to work flawlessly these days? :rolleyes:
  • kiyomikiyomi Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    typhonus wrote: »

The complaints are coming, just wait for 'em :biggrin:
    edited July 2012
    I was brought up to not look a gift horse in the mouth, so thank you Cryptic. I will definitely be using the new tights for one of my heroes and the the travel power for another as they both fit concept perfectly. The extra Q farming is also very welcome.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, the new Millenium TP is, um...
    ...FRIGGIN' BRIGHT! :eek:

The new tights, eh, take em' or leave em :rolleyes:

2x Q Refinement, good choice :biggrin:
    Now about those "Pre-order" devices in the "Zen Store" :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the tights! I thought they were actually nifty with the 5 different patterns and all.
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess I forgot to mention in my last post that the tights are, in fact, AWESOME. Which makes me all the more sad I can't actually use them, as the character they're perfect for wears a jacket, and somehow, none of my other characters actually wear tights.

The Travel power is nifty, but the top-speed FX are just too big for me to actually use it as a primary TP. Maybe I'll pick it up if I can manage to overcome my altoholism and get someone to 35; it'll have to happen eventually.

WAY nicer rewards than that Core, and I'd say a fair bit more entertaining than the bag slot.

PS: I really hope that incompatibility with Jackets is a fixable oversight. Please? I've been waiting for glow tights on that character since you guys showed off the Tempest and her glow-enabled Inlay tights.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it's hilarious to see Lifetime subscribers stating that they are quitting being a customer at all, but over this? These rewards are fantastic. Thanks, devs. :biggrin:
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm diggin the Vet Reward. Much better than another Heroic Resonnance!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Flight is great.
    The Tights i kind of like.
    The 16K Q limit is nice.
    The Title is awesome.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • issmirissmir Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Very shiny!

But the particle effects on the flight made me feel sick as a dog :D
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kiyomi wrote: »
    The complaints are coming, just wait for 'em :biggrin:

Over here. 8 pages of nerd rage and counting. :smile:

The rewards all look good, thanks Cryptic. 866 more days to go...
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Glowy tights and Blinding Flight aren't exactly thrilling rewards for over three years of dedication.

Then again, the 900 day reward was a glitched-up costume pack...
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Glowy tights and Blinding Flight aren't exactly thrilling rewards for over three years of dedication.

Then again, the 900 day reward was a glitched-up costume pack...

I guess its a matter of opinion then, because these are the best (to me) veteran rewards to date.

Isnt it 3 years next month ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Had somebody come by me earlier with Millennium Flight on.

Now I need to subscribe, and hope really hard that this game lasts a thousand days after that, because I want!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So glad Millennium Flight's obnoxious animation shuts off in combat.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    xeiros wrote: »
    So glad Millennium Flight's obnoxious animation shuts off in combat.

Cool.

I like the animation actually, but am sure that it would get old fast.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shuts off in combat, I thought it would be a great way to blind other characters. saw someone using it, it looks great. :biggrin:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• killermanlol68killermanlol68 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Im brasilian , so i'll be using google tradutor.
    Look, I agree with you that they did right now, but they should do a Starter Kit, which would at least make you choose between 2K Zen, a free character slot, or choose one of the classes by zen to be free. because not everybody can afford, and that would be a great incentive for new people to come play, this is only my opinion, the decision is theirs, but I'd be really happy if they did it.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im brasilian , so i'll be using google tradutor.
    Look, I agree with you that they did right now, but they should do a Starter Kit, which would at least make you choose between 2K Zen, a free character slot, or choose one of the classes by zen to be free. because not everybody can afford, and that would be a great incentive for new people to come play, this is only my opinion, the decision is theirs, but I'd be really happy if they did it.

Whoa. My advice to you is... block. :smile:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad