test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

enrage question

johnjohniiijohnjohniii Posts: 22 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Power Discussion
I am trying to make an offensive melee might build. it is going pretty good so far (4k charged haymakers at lvl 32). The issue I'm having is with enrage. After a full powerhouse run (demon, 3, hard) I only had 4 stacks of enrage. The build I'm using is below. I'm only tapping havoc stomp but seems to me it should still proc enraged?!?! Please advise.

Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Mighty Leap (Nailed to the Ground)
Level 8: Retaliation
Level 11: Demolish
Level 14: Thunderclap (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Enrage
Level 20: Havoc Stomp (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)

I'm thinking about dropping Haymaker and ranking up Demolish. I'm worried about Havoc Stomp not helping me stack enrage like it should though.
Post edited by johnjohniii on

Comments

• sparkrockersparkrocker Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tapping havoc stomp has a 40% chance of knock back. If you are having trouble building enrage stacks I would focus on powers that easily knock. You can use roomsweeper on trash or even force eruption. Or add bull rush advantage to mighty leap to kick things off. I like to use demolish with advantage plus haymaker as haymaker knocks.
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know... I just really hate KB...
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know... I just really hate KB...

Serious question.

Why are you playing Might then?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Serious question.

Only reason i ever played Might was because of Giant Growth .. else i would simply
    take DEX instead of STR and Form of the Tempest :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • pulsewave1pulsewave1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Serious question.

Good point. Don't play Might without wanting to knock things around. Enrage keys off knockback.

If you just spam Havok Stomp you will build Rage rapidly. You can do the same with Inexorable Tides from Martial Arts, or the combo of Thunderclap and Roomsweeper. None of those moves will knock anything away from you but they all build Enrage.
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it's about the growth and the feel. there is more to might then KB. I really like teaming and KB is painful (for the most part) when teaming. I think I'm just going to change the build setup to bestial (Knock down vs knock back).
    edited July 2012
    it's about the growth and the feel. there is more to might then KB. I really like teaming and KB is painful (for the most part) when teaming. I think I'm just going to change the build setup to bestial (Knock down vs knock back).

Ok .. have you enrage on R1 or higher ? I know a lot of people always said that it isn't worth
    it bringing Form of the Tempest higher than R1 .. but with R3 you build stacks really faster.

So since Enrage now also is a toggle .. maybe just bringing it to R3 also helps :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • sparkrockersparkrocker Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Only reason i ever played Might was because of Giant Growth .. else i would simply
    take DEX instead of STR and Form of the Tempest :redface:

You can go bestial supernatural for the same effect. Aspect of the bestial to be precise.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does knockUP work? You could possibly use Inexorable Tides from the Martial Arts - Unarmed powerset to trigger stacks of Enraged. The knockup would keep them in place, and Inexorable Tides is a half-second power activated with just a click. I know it's not in the Might powerset, but it's still a brawly type of move that wouldn't look too out-of-place.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
    edited July 2012
    Then you could also use Tremor .. its at least from the Brick Framework, and you also
    have a ranged Sphere AoE :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thunderclap then Roomsweeper builds Enrage really fast without sending stuff flying. A fully charged Roomsweeper can get you 2 stacks and ignores Enrage's 4 second cooldown. Against mobs with KB resist you can skip Thundercl and just spam a few charged Roomsweepers.
    You could also take Aggressor, and R3 it. It'll give you a damage boost, plus +STR, and CON, and 3 stacks of enrage every time you use it.

I also use Uppercut instead of Haymaker. It doesn't do nearly as much damage, but it's Knockup, and I like the animation better.

I was gonna suggest Tremor as well. I have it on my earth tank, and it seems superior to the Havok Stomp my Might tank uses. It knocks UP on a full charge, and not back.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I use a toon created purely to do the max knockback possible and I have never had a complaint from fellow players whilst running in groups. The key is timing and using the powers in the correct order. Any KB will give the mobs a KB resistance, so starting with mighty leap, I can then spam KBs and know the mobs will not go flying away. By the time the resistance wears off, the blow that does launch them across the screen will kill them. Besides, whilst mobs are flying through the air, they cannot attack and the fall does extra damage. The fact that this also gives/refreshes Enrage stacks is gravy. Also, roomsweeper does knock-up instead of KB on controlled targets, which causes no issues in groups.

Finally, sending multiple mobs flying through the air to crash to their death never gets old ;)
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I use a toon created purely to do the max knockback possible and I have never had a complaint from fellow players whilst running in groups.

Or maybe people just think "oh god .. again an annoying knockspammer", but don't
    really bother to flame you for that in the chat :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited July 2012
    peprally wrote: »
    You could also take Aggressor, and R3 it. It'll give you a damage boost, plus +STR, and CON, and 3 stacks of enrage every time you use it.

What are the numbers on Aggressor at the different ranks?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I don't have them at the moment, but its an Active Offense. Dont they all use the same numbers for the basic damage buff, differing primarily in any secondary effects ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I don't have them at the moment, but its an Active Offense. Dont they all use the same numbers for the basic damage buff, differing primarily in any secondary effects ?

Not sure...but I was really looking for the +STR and +CON numbers.
    _________
    VARIANT

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Each rank of aggressor gives 1 stack of enrage so at r3 when u first activate it assuming u only have r1 enrage, you will jump up to 4 stacks. However it is really not abt how many stacks or knocks can give u enrage, it is to maintain it from dropping off. My suggestion is use any of the knocks to stack enrage be it havoc stamp, roomsweeper, aggressor and what have you then all you need is to maintain the stacks through the rest of the fight and fights to come. And personally an easy way to refresh the stacks is using howl. No knocks needed, no targets needed. Just howl every 10 plus second. Or if you have fast enough cooldown, you can maintain 8 stacks of enrage using just aggressor alone.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When you can, you should add uppercut in there, or replace something with uppercut. Just tapping uppercut is enough to build enrage stacks, and it's alot more group and player friendly as it's a knock up instead.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Or maybe people just think "oh god .. again an annoying knockspammer", but don't
    really bother to flame you for that in the chat :rolleyes:

Possibly, but given the amount of people who whine about the smallest issue, highly unlikely that everyone I upset kept quiet. Besides I don't spam them as I said. In fact you can't spam knockbacks as the mobs gain resistance.

On a side note, whilst playing with another toon, I did see someone complain about knockbacks during Red Alert. The noob clearly didn't know that Drago has Breakaway Shot :tongue:
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peprallypeprally Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012

From memory, I think it was something like

R1= 40% damage boost, 30 STR+CON, 1 stack enrage, 12s duration
    R2= 50% dmg, 40 STR+CON, 2 stacks, 15s
    R3= 60%dmg, 50 STR+CON, 3 stacks, 18s

Not positive, though. Wiki hasn't been updated.

It's extra nice because it's a somewhat Active Defense as well as a very good AO.

The extra CON ups Endorphin Rush's heal, and Resurgence's heal(like 800 more HP for me) if you use that while it's up.

I've used this combo to good effect vs. Gravitar. (note: make sure you block her hold, though since you just used both our hold breakers)
    edited July 2012
    peprally wrote: »
    From memory, I think it was something like

R1= 40% damage boost, 30 STR+CON, 1 stack enrage, 12s duration
    R2= 50% dmg, 40 STR+CON, 2 stacks, 15s
    R3= 60%dmg, 50 STR+CON, 3 stacks, 18s

Not positive, though. Wiki hasn't been updated.

It's extra nice because it's a somewhat Active Defense as well as a very good AO.

Yeah...not too keen on it's fx...but the mini "Active Defense" in addition to it's offense is nice.
    _________
    VARIANT

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just to put this out there, you may want to consider a Bestial Supernatural character with Aspect of the Bestial which gives you stacks of Enraged and Giant Growth off of Bleeds rather that Knocks. The stacks build easy and refresh easy, especially if you take Howl. I am not by any means an Enraged superstar, but I can keep 8 stacks most of the way through most Lairs. The animations and power feel are very similar to Might. The only caveat I have is that many of the Combat animations do not work well with the Travel Power enabled. They usually default to Might animations.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time