test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible for Power Armor to go int/dex?

kisarakisaryukisarakisaryu Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Builds and Roles
I want to know suggestions and information about it if int/ dex power armor is viable and a good build.

ALso want to know any tips and suggestions on the subject, thanks.
Post edited by kisarakisaryu on

Comments

• azariel78azariel78 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First: Check this thread. It's long but contains lots of useful info.

IMHO Int is perfect for a PA user. Running multiple toggles uses a lot of energy. So Int makes it more viable. Secondary superstats are more up to your preference. Dex to crit more often, which is useful with the minigun. Ego is also nice, as it increases ranged damage.

For the skills, I usually go for Mini Gun, with the U-238 rounds advantage + rank 2. Micro Munitions (R2+3), and for your hand slot either Tactical Missiles or Concussor Beams.

For an Energy Unlock use Overdrive. As for a block, I often use Energy Shield + Phalanx Defense System (advantage), this activates with a ranged attack. Adding to your defenses.

For a passive, it's more to your preference: Invulnerability makes you tougher, Defiance which makes you tougher over time and give some energy back. My preference is almost always Quarry, increased damage with some dodge+avoidance. Besides, running Minigun + Micro Munitions kills fast.

Or you could go the Energy Weapons route: Concussor Beams, chestbeam and perhaps eyebeams. You could then use the Electric Form Passive for more energy, better equilibrium (more starting energy) and more particle damage.

A good Alpha strike is Orbital Cannon + Anvil of Dawn advantage from the Gadgeteering Framework.

Good luck :smile:
    --

-- You rock! -- b(~_^)d -- You rock! -- b(~_^)d -- You rock! --
  • kisarakisaryukisarakisaryu Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay will do, thanks :3
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ya I tried to do it... Pulsewave said the best was int, w/ end/ rec but I really wanted dex. after a ton of time and patients... I'm running int, w/ end/ rec. The numbers don't lie. But to quote (or paraphrase) "you can do what you want and what you enjoy playing."
  • garthnokgarthnok Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Intelligence and Rec are very necessary for nonstop damage in a PA build. Endurance is also very helpful. With lock n load and Ego Surge you are critting a lot without Dex anyway. I also have accel met. on my three primary powers and never have to use my energy builder.

I am at the point that Orbital canon is not really helpful anymore. Somewhat helpful with alpha, its damage is really lackluster when you get Ego surge or Lock n Load and Concentration/Quarry running. I do far more DPS cycling Micro Munitions, Mini Gun, and Tactical Missiles.

At 40, Tactical Missiles will easily hit for 3.9K buffed with a 2 second charge time while OC only hits for 6K with another 250/sec dot over 9 sec and a 4.5 sec charge. OC is a summon so it doesn't scale well. It was awesome up till about 30 before I got my gear I needed to run a dodge/avoidance build. Now I rarely ever worry about damage except for Gravitar. If I fear a mobs alpha strike I just use sonic device to stun most of them anyway.

Your really hurting your flow by using it. It does look awesome though.
  • foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I went INT/END/EGO with my power armor character, and have AOPM as a passive.

I am going all missiles. Tactical Missiles was my primary damage for several levels and it served me well. (Tap spam gives higher DPS but less energy efficiency; I had power to spare so I'd open with a charge and finish with tap spam.)

I added Shoulder Launcher for variety and the occasional bigger punch. I'm still not sure I like it though. If I had a compelling reason to retcon I'd just drop it.

Only recently did I add Micro Munitions, and that made a pretty big difference. Again, if I retconned I'd go for this one earlier.

I don't have Minigun and I like it that way, though I know it's a staple for power armor builds.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    END SS, DEX INT side stats, stacking crit chance gear and power cost discount gear, it works beautifuly