test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My friends are gone!

rossmosissrossmosiss Posts: 18 Arc User
Now with the website revisions I can't see if my friends are in the game from the website anymore.

I would appreciate having this feature back, please.

:frown:
Post edited by rossmosiss on

Comments

• Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

A lot of site features have been removed.. The ability to search for SGs and players, our character pages, and now our friends list.. They should be expanding the site features, not removing them..
  • Options
    roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They can't do it. Their website doesn't communicate with the game at all anymore, so it's not possible, and they aren't going to put it back in in the foreseeable future.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2115901&postcount=45

^ Stormshade saying the same thing.
    edited July 2012
    They can't do it. Their website doesn't communicate with the game at all anymore, so it's not possible, and they aren't going to put it back in in the foreseeable future.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2115901&postcount=45

^ Stormshade saying the same thing.

Just because they can't do it currently is no reason not to push for that ability to be added to the new site. Sure, we're talking about adding new functionality to the Perfect World site, but it's not as if a modern website has to draw all its content from a single host. Presumably the code for the old website is still accessible, so we're not talking about re-inventing the wheel either.

If enough of the player base asks for it, then the higher ups may look into doing it.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Rather than throwing away qualities from the champions site PW would gain from looking at the features people liked (and hence are complaining about missing) and add those to all their games sites.

They bought it so they should make use of it and gain from it.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I miss this feature too, wish they'd adapt a new one for the site.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Get Pidgin, that still works.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    ofarmerofarmer Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Get Pidgin, that still works.

Yep.

If you want a mobile friends list you can get an xmpp app for your phone, I started looking for them after a post I made yesterday and have come to really like one called IMO.IM in the Apple app store. It's a universal app, so it's got iPhone and iPad support. I'm sure there are several options out there for android(I want to say I've read about a Trillian app for Android that's pretty good), Windows Phone is a little more iffy.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There's Trillian for iOS too.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are a lot of things wrong with these forums. They took one giant leap backwards when they 'upgraded' to them. There is no ignore list as far as I can tell, the style itself reminds me of a few of the long dead free forum hosting sites that use to populate the internet.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There's Trillian for iOS too.

And also an APP for IPhone aswell, called "imo"

Two people of my friend list use it, but i use Pidgin aswell.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    mysterredmysterred Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This may sound shallow, but one of the reasons I liked this game over RIFT was the online Friends List. MMOs are SUPPOSED to be about playing with others, RIGHT?!

NO, I don't want an app! I don't own a smart phone, and even if I did, that is irrelevant when I'm out and about.

I am so glad I never bought a life sub. to this game because this game seems to be going to crap. I'm not playing this game again until they bring the Friends List back. If they NEVER bring it back, then I guess I won't be playing this game.

...It's been fun while it lasted, Champions.