test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flag Speed

euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
I get that the flag speed thing is a 4th of July thing. After the even though, the power should be changed to have the option of selecting other country's flag.
Post edited by euthymia on

Comments

• ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Totally /signed!

I wanted to make funny kid german char with a german flag trail. Or at least, add some more flag speeds, for those who have already the original flag speed, with different flags.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• sumthindarksidesumthindarkside Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. I feel like Canada is chopped liver on this matter. We had our independence day practically a few days before.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Most flags wouldn't really work well with this power - as someone pointed out in another thread, the Union Jack really would look odd all stretched out like that.

For the Canadian flag, though, I suppose we could go with three bands, red/white/red, and giving off little maple leaves instead of stars...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They could have made Fireworks Flight or Screaming Rocket Super Jump or Sparkler Speed.
    No, they make a flag that represents the world's largest prison population.
    Hooray for freedom.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    For the Canadian flag, though, I suppose we could go with three bands, red/white/red, and giving off little maple leaves instead of stars...

This is a way to go. I think Mexico could also be represented with green, white, and red, for either Cinco de Mayo or (more appropriately) its Independence Day in September.

But like Jon pointed out, most flags would be rather hard to represent.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • aronakallzaronakallz Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are a lot of flags that are easy to make as alternates for this powers. Those with 3 stripes, horizontal or vertical (think Mexico, germany, Italy, France...) are the easiest. But if the flag is a texture, any flag can be used. It's just that they will be stretched to the point of being unrecognizable.
  • greyforgegreyforge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Best idea yet... Many flags would be fairly easy... As for stretching... It looks like the blue from the flag is fairly limited, and the stripes stretch more, the faster you go. Should be reasonably easy if this is the case, just that everyone would have some level of "striping" at high speed. Hardest part would be figuring out what to do with the stars for Countries where they're less appropriate.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like Flag Speed. All I ask is after the event, have an option for a generic version, so we can make patriotic-esque heroes that doesn't have to be affiliated to just USA.
  • denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a way to go. I think Mexico could also be represented with green, white, and red, for either Cinco de Mayo or (more appropriately) its Independence Day in September.

But like Jon pointed out, most flags would be rather hard to represent.

but then they would just have to do like more than half of the Latin countries in September