test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sorcery Pet questions

garthnokgarthnok Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Power Discussion
Are other pets greater than Sorcery pets?

The Summoning Circle seems very restrictive and very easy to be knocked out of. If you remove this limitation through advantages you also miss out on their best R3 abilities. How do summoners usuallt handle this?

So are the other summons superior to them?

I am going Void horror and shadows. What other pets combo good with these 2?
Post edited by garthnok on

Comments

• malzuriousmalzurious Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    garthnok wrote: »
    Are other pets greater than Sorcery pets?

The Summoning Circle seems very restrictive and very easy to be knocked out of. If you remove this limitation through advantages you also miss out on their best R3 abilities. How do summoners usuallt handle this?

So are the other summons superior to them?

I am going Void horror and shadows. What other pets combo good with these 2?

In my opinion, the Unbound Ritual advantage is more than worth it. Sure, they lose their R3 abilities, but you're also not required to be in a circle constantly

Everyone has different preferences when it comes to pets. Personally, I prefer Command Animals, Void Horror, Arctic Beast, Air Elemental, Summon Shadows, and March of the Dead. The last two don't last very long, but they also don't hit your equilibrium as hard as the other pets.

Any pet that YOU like would be a good combo, but I'd recommend Command Animals, you get more than one summon from that ability, plus they can poison and shred enemies furthering their damage. Void Horror does great damage if the target is feared, so if you have an attack that can cause the fear debuff, go with Void Horror. Otherwise, I'd just recommend Command Animals and Air Elemental.
  • silveragefogeysilveragefogey Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have become a big ol' fan of Support Drones. (I liked 'em before, but recently... wow.) You can switch between healing and damage, and they do fairly good distraction if absolutely necessary.

Mind you, it may not fit your character conception... but I like 'em. (And remember, Solitaire had a Widget... so such are not unheard of.)

Grind. Grind never changes.
    If you're playing CO and reporting any bugs, you're STILL an unpaid QA technician.
    "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied" - message from PW customer service.
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Unbound Ritual advantage is usually well worth it. IMO the only Sorc pet that really benefits from R3 over UBR is the Arcane Construct.

My favourite pets are the Primal Wolf and Tyrannon's Familiar. Their damage is decent and they're pretty tough as far as pets go.