test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flamethrowers and you.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
You heard it right. One of my concept dreams was to make a pyromaniac with blowtorches burning everything on the ground.

With stuff as creative as Power Gloves, Micro Munitions, lasers of any kind, I'm sure there's a place for fire in that domain for anyone finding the Fire set to be too unfitting for machine oriented characters. May it be arm mounted or an independant weapon such as the Steelhead Flamethrower. Placed in Power Armor, Gadgeteering, or just a variant to the already existing Fire framework.

I know this is a rather insignificant suggestion, but it's not by drooling over that on whatever ingame channel that the idea could get seen.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    MrForz wrote:
    You heard it right. One of my concept dreams was to make a pyromaniac with blowtorches burning everything on the ground.

With stuff as creative as Power Gloves, Micro Munitions, lasers of any kind, I'm sure there's a place for fire in that domain for anyone finding the Fire set to be too unfitting for machine oriented characters. May it be arm mounted or an independant weapon such as the Steelhead Flamethrower. Placed in Power Armor, Gadgeteering, or just a variant to the already existing Fire framework.

I know this is a rather insignificant suggestion, but it's not by drooling over that on whatever ingame channel that the idea could get seen.

I support this. Honestly, I support the ability to change the emanation point of every energy-projection power to some sort of weaponry, as you described.

But flamethrowers are a must.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If they could make fire breath, (and all the breath powers for that matter), able to have their emanation points changed, and if they continue to add weapon limbs, (like the Mechassassin arm, and Warlord bracer & arm), this could work quite well.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am hoping that they make more elemental based powers that give the game more variety, fire included, but until then, you can always play the Whiteout missions and try to get the flamethrower device.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    MadDemon64 wrote:
    I am hoping that they make more elemental based powers that give the game more variety, fire included, but until then, you can always play the Whiteout missions and try to get the flamethrower device.

Yep, well, the ideas came from there. Just found surprising that Flamethrowers weren't implanted at all when you get to see things like the Gauntlet Chainsaw.

And while we are at it, I suppose that Fire could use some rehaul.
  • Options
    jeffburton0jeffburton0 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This might be an archived thing, but I believe someone once stated that it's better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one... and this game really needs flamethrowers. Seriously. I wanna use a flamethrower for this inspired character I'm working on, and preferrably hit multiple targets, but all people can suggest is Fire Breath or Heat Wave. For the time being, I'm settling on Plasma Beam, but that's still not a flamethrower, and I was hoping to use an actual weapon.

Somebody upstairs please pay this some attention...
  • Options
    cordocacordoca Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i like the idea (mostly cause i like any weapon that can have several "skins")

It could be a retool of the firebreath or work differently, (because of fuel or whatever the devs decide)

And it could eventually lead us to Freezing Guns/Rifles/Cannons or Acid Sprayers and other Mad Genius worthy equipment...maybe even our own Ping Pong gun powers instead of just items...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This might be an archived thing, but I believe someone once stated that it's better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one... and this game really needs flamethrowers. Seriously. I wanna use a flamethrower for this inspired character I'm working on, and preferrably hit multiple targets, but all people can suggest is Fire Breath or Heat Wave. For the time being, I'm settling on Plasma Beam, but that's still not a flamethrower, and I was hoping to use an actual weapon.

Somebody upstairs please pay this some attention...

Actually, you got it backwards. Rules..at least on the old forums. Was to post new rather then re-bump anything older then 30 days.

However, with the present forum disaster. I really don;t think anyone is being overly picky right now.
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Voting for Multi-Meltas right here and now.
    10dsf81.png