test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks Cryptic team for the awsome free Flag Speed

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
Thanks to all the folks at Cryptic for this awesome, patriotic, and FREE permanent account wide travel power!!! :eek:

Happy 4th guys and gals - and thanks again!! :smile:

(Talk to Liberty Guard next to Defender in Ren Cen or use Socrates on your mini map to pick up the mission(s))
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oui, merci!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks fab :3
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think i should say something negative about it.
    But i can't.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I think i should say something negative about it.
    But i can't.

I guess you could complain about the price, if you wanted? Or that there isn't flags for other countries? :D
    Yeah, thanks! It's great.
  • roadwulf1roadwulf1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Finally back, whoo!

Right after my ban got done, my computer broke. Geez.

Anyway, lots of changes, can't figure out how to change my Avatar yet, but tis me. Btw, where is this Flag Speed at? I can't figure out how to purchase/unlock it.

My Characters(Archived Post, will repost when time allows)
    Side-kick System Compilation Thread
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now I just need to make the character to go with it... hmm...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    roadwulf1 wrote: »
    Finally back, whoo!

Right after my ban got done, my computer broke. Geez.

Anyway, lots of changes, can't figure out how to change my Avatar yet, but tis me. Btw, where is this Flag Speed at? I can't figure out how to purchase/unlock it.

Talk to Liberty Guard (next to Defender in Ren Center) and pick up his missions. The one that gives the travel power requires you to run Red Winter successfully three times.
  • craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ugh, patriotism makes me sick, yuck :S
    Is it a device or does it simply unlock it as a travel power choice?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is it a device or does it simply unlock it as a travel power choice?

Account Wide travel power choice.

I really liked the fact that it used the mach speed animation, it makes more sense, since a comics flash animation is more american than a anime one
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
    edited July 2012
    craybestt wrote: »
    ugh, patriotism makes me sick, yuck :S
    Then by all means, Cray, don't use this power. (Unless, of course, you're not a citizen of the US; then it's not patriotism to display someone else's flag, is it? :wink:)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I won't use it, dont worry. I have already chosen my 2 TP to be flight and acrobatics, so anything related to superspeed isn't for me.
    And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't enjoy patriotism or this TP, I'm just saying is that I don't like it.
    I want to say something bad about it, really i do... :redface:

...But i actually have a character i can use it on, and it's already level 32 :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I liked it. Much appreciated Cryptic. Happy 4th of July to my American friends. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited July 2012
    I liked it. Much appreciated Cryptic. Happy 4th of July to my American friends. :)
    Thank you, and in the spirit of neighborliness, maybe next Canada Day we can get Maple Leaf Speed. :smile:

• mrvyngaardmrvyngaard Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Neato.

But we should have something for UN Day, perhaps a Perk that gives the title, "Citizen of the World"?

Some kind of special diplomacy mission inspired by what STO has for such?
  • iamroxstariamroxstar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I really want flag speed but just find myself not wanting to grind a mission for it. heh...

*still playing Minecraft*

ShuckCreations.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    iamroxstar wrote: »
    I really want flag speed but just find myself not wanting to grind a mission for it. heh...

*still playing Minecraft*

You only have to do the mission three times. ^^

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • riggsmaxriggsmax Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Thank you, and in the spirit of neighborliness, maybe next Canada Day we can get Maple Leaf Speed. :smile:

Maple syrup speed?

but then it would be the 'super slow' travel power - especially in January.

Riggs
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess you could complain about the price, if you wanted? Or that there isn't flags for other countries? :D

well, patriotism aside, there's not very many flag designs that it could really work with and still have them recognizable as such... For example, the Union Jack might not look so good, all stretched-out like that.

(wow, almost forgot the L in "flag" for a second there...)
  • mrvyngaardmrvyngaard Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    riggsmax wrote: »
    Maple syrup speed?

Riggs

No, no. We're going about this all wrong.

The real question is: "What is the airspeed velocity of a Unladen Zamboni?"

Remember folks, vehicles are potentially in our future.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    riggsmax wrote: »
    Maple syrup speed?

Riggs

>_> u might be onto something Maple Syrup travel power a lot like those goo tunneling powers that be all sorts of epic.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • aronakallzaronakallz Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will the tri-color flag speed come ? And I mean 3 stripes : Blue, white, red in that ordrer ? 14 of July ? And we missed red-white-red with maple leaf for the first.
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well, patriotism aside, there's not very many flag designs that it could really work with and still have them recognizable as such... For example, the Union Jack might not look so good, all stretched-out like that.

(wow, almost forgot the L in "flag" for a second there...)

Union Flag unless your toon is a ship (flag nazi) but I agree it probably wouldn't work. There is also the issue that it's to celebrate the 4th of July a day that we Brits don't actually want to wave our flag. I mean its the damn colony celebrating giving us a kick in.
    :biggrin:
    Union Flag unless your toon is a ship (flag nazi) but I agree it probably wouldn't work. There is also the issue that it's to celebrate the 4th of July a day that we Brits don't actually want to wave our flag. I mean its the damn colony celebrating giving us a kick in.
    :biggrin:

Wut about Tardis speed then :p
  • kurbeewankenobikurbeewankenobi Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Very well polished look. Looks even better knowing it's free.

Thanks, Cryptic.

@Kurbee - Join date: Nov 09. Interested in costume contests? Join the 'Contests' channel to see advertisements for CC's occurring every day.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is a nice surprise. But tying a custom alert to it that had nothing to do with it in the beginning of its inception?

At least its showing how TPs are becoming intuitive and coming out more often.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What's the operational window on obtaining this? I'm probably not gonna have any free time until the weekend and I don't wanna miss out.. and yet, I'm entirely fine if I do.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • fortysixntwofortysixntwo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My toon I made for Flag Speed!

A'Mer Ricka
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    What's the operational window on obtaining this? I'm probably not gonna have any free time until the weekend and I don't wanna miss out.. and yet, I'm entirely fine if I do.
    Midnight Pacific time (GMT -8), on July 9. And since the process only requires three successful runs on the Red Winter Alert (and, of course, talking to Liberty Guard, next to Defender, before and after), it shouldn't take that long. As of last night, my secondary account boasted a new member, the archer Starshot (although unless the AT starts being more fun pretty quick, he might be replaced by another themed hero), who had just cracked level 9 when I had to stop for the evening...

• ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Exquisite. I'll have to see about getting some runs in tomorrow or something.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Really, thank you Cryptic team for this travel skin. I got it yesterday but cant access because I am out for Independence day family time.

Happy Independence Day to all. Consume much BBQ.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wanted to add my thanks to Cryptic for this wonderful TP! It's an absolute scream and looks fantastic on my patriotic, golden age toon.

The only drag was that I had to do a complete retcon. I left the TPs at the very bottom of the power list, cuz I never thought I'd need to change them on her.:redface:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

They should do Maple Ooze Form for that. Transparent amber-coloured, with a -80% move speed penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    clockwise wrote: »
    They should do Maple Ooze Form for that. Transparent amber-coloured, with a -80% move speed penalty.

Or they can just let us have TRUE color changing options.
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or they can just let us have TRUE color changing options.

Metallic Ooze Tunneling does let you colour it like any other power that Golds can adjust. Sadly, it isn't quite in line with the skin tones available, so my "made of red clay" hero looks like she turns into a pile of pre-loved bubble gum instead of just losing her hominidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has there been any previous special travel powers through events before the flag power? and are not available anymore

and after the event is over, people who didn't do it miss out?
    Ive already done it im just curious

i haven't played the game since the start of this week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I too love the new Flag Speed TP. Already have an appropriate costumed toon to go with it.

As a thought for our non-American brothers and sister, how about capes with flags of the world to help everyone express their patriotism.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    biffsig.jpg
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

What?

/10ch
    10dsf81.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    What?

/10ch

Ha! That happens to me when I try to do a quick-reply. No idea what the post was.
    biffsig.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, Thanks for the free TP Cryptic. It's lovely. :biggrin:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And now I have an excuse to run around the game world, fighting crime, while playing the Team America theme.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the flag speed! :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • lsyalsya Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love the new flag speed. Even made a new character just for it. Looks great! Thanks Cryptic.

I do like the idea a maple flag version. There is a Canadian zone in the game after all.

Perhaps striped red white red with red leaves flying off like the stars do on the flag speed.
    L'sya Raiya
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lsya wrote: »
    I love the new flag speed. Even made a new character just for it. Looks great! Thanks Cryptic.

I do like the idea a maple flag version. There is a Canadian zone in the game after all.

Perhaps striped red white red with red leaves flying off like the stars do on the flag speed.

I want a horse, so I can make a Mountie superhero :tongue: Either that or a power set similar to the liquid ones but with maple syrup. And bacon rashers on the side.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I want a horse, so I can make a Mountie superhero :tongue: Either that or a power set similar to the liquid ones but with maple syrup. And bacon rashers on the side.
    Someone did suggest a Maple Syrup travel power - basically Ooze Tunneling with an amber color (or, in deference to our Canadian brothers, colour), and moving at half speed in the frozen regions of Great Bear Lake...

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    What?

/10ch

/10ch?

What is the meaning of this!? :eek:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!