test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flag Capes!

amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
Seeing the Flag Speed travel power had reminded me that I'd very much like to see Flag Capes added in-game. I mean, if the MMO Rappelz can offer flag themed cloaks to their player base via their in-game store, why can't Champions?

Rappelz Flag Cloaks 1
Rappelz Flag Cloaks 2
Rappelz Flag Cloaks 3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seraphygoodnessseraphygoodness Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    erm... YES PLEASE! :eek:

Formerly @SeraphyG
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If those are put in the game, I'm making a German hero ASAP. /Signed.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just found out that the, amusingly titled, Flyff World also added in flag cloaks: More Flag Cloaks
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I will agree but only if you include the flags of Anvilania and Lower Slobovia.:biggrin:
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If those are put in the game, I'm making a German hero ASAP. /Signed.

No just you :biggrin:

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• blackdroserablackdrosera Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not signed, but not against this.

You can make German, or any country, themed hero even now. Just take little time with costume builder.

Tricolor flags are easy. German flag for example: Wear your hero with some head wear (helmet, hat or mask) and set it color black. Set torso color to red and foots to yellow. Now you have Captain Germany. ;)
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You can make German, or any country, themed hero even now. Just take little time with costume builder.

Tricolor flags are easy. German flag for example: Wear your hero with some head wear (helmet, hat or mask) and set it color black. Set torso color to red and foots to yellow. Now you have Captain Germany. ;)

I know, but with a matching cape and (at best) the matching flag speed trail it would just look really awesome.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh! Nice!

Saddly, my country is never added for those stuffs.

Brazil always is available... for reasons ??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited July 2012

I've made plenty. However the issue is when you try to make one with a cape, with a tricolour pattern where red and blue (or other colours) are separated. There are no patterns like these for example:

http://i.imgur.com/DLZYR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KqdFc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0zWeL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Cp077.jpg

Or if I just wanted to have a plain colour costume with a flag themed cape, like this for example:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/i/2011/348/d/4/the_padre_by_clefchan_by_amasov-d1kp4vx.jpg

Just to note; I've tried requesting more patterns like the ones I posted above, ad infinitum, but to no avail.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The quality put into these capes is setting the bar WAY too high for Cryptic.
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Signed

I would so love a Saltire flag cape for my Toon Stone of Destiny or a Union flag for my toon the Royalist who keeps getting deleted as I can't get his costume right.

I would also like flags for the small shield bracers so I can make my toon Britannia come to think of it the Union flag cape would work for her to.
    Don't you mean Hauptmann Deutschland?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the best option would be to add some new cap patterns which lend themselves to representing country flags; Things like one of the early posters displayed. In addition to that, make it so we can place emblems on them, and add emblems that are commonly use din flags - stars, clusters of stars, crescent moons, constellations, things like the "don't tread on me" snake and arm w/ sword, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited July 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I think the best option would be to add some new cap patterns which lend themselves to representing country flags; Things like one of the early posters displayed. In addition to that, make it so we can place emblems on them, and add emblems that are commonly use din flags - stars, clusters of stars, crescent moons, constellations, things like the "don't tread on me" snake and arm w/ sword, etc.

Believe me, I (and many others) have tried to suggest new cape patterns but it never materializes. I've been at it since closed beta, and you can see where we are now.