test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Japan zone suggestion, woo!

vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
Before you dismiss this as an anime/manga zone suggestion, keep this in mind. Mainly, I want the npc's to LOOK Japanese, and I DONT want them to have huge eyes, monstrously huge, obscenely colorful hairstyles. This is NOT a suggestion to make anime or manga themed content, this is a serious suggestion for an asian-styled zone.

As we all know, fictional Japan is ?full- of tech, magic, and most of all, great scenery, and that is why I think a neo-Japan zone would be a great zone for CO. From the bustling streets of the city, to the peaceful beauty of the countryside, to the rich supernatural and technological bits?It would cater to characters styled after anime, martial artists, power suit characters?the list goes on!

City Areas

When it comes to cities, I don?t think that MC really cuts it for some. With a neo-Japan zone, we could have some very interesting city areas. Think neon lighting, sleek buildings, holograms, all that neat stuff?all packed into one flashy, super-techy city. There would be humans, aliens, demons, celestials, and robots all walking the streets together with little to no racial prejudice. After all, what better place for variety?

The people would dress in all sorts of cool, weird outfits that Japan is known for, and perhaps even more. The police could all be in powered armor, we could have vending-machines that sell boosts and consumables, and we could move throughout the various areas via superfast trains.

During the day, the city would look shiny and nice, but at night is when it would REALLY show its stuff. All those lights ablaze, people in outfits with glowy tron-like designs, and best of all?ninjas! Nighttime in neo-Japan would offer a great opportunity for an open mission involving urban/techy ninja attacks! Perhaps opposing organizations duking it out in the cover of night?

During the day, we could have random Kaiju/giant robots attacking the city via open missions, with a huge police/military response just to add to that giant-monster-fight feel!

Countryside

For this, think bamboo, cherry blossoms, deep forests full of spirits, and of course, shrines. This is where the magic aspect would tie in.

Social Areas

This one, I must admit, caters mostly to the role-playing community, but I think it also offers the other types of gamers some interesting places to see.

City-

Of course, there could be an underground rave going on. This would be the hardcore club, with the npcs in wacky clubber garb, swinging around glowsticks and covered in glitter and all that jazz. This club would make caprice look like a retirement home. The lighting would probably be dark to show off all that glow, with some of the moving lights as seen in the dance room in caprice. There would be drink vendors, and possibly even items to buy to make your character hold glowsticks while using dance emotes!

For the not-so-clubber types, there could be a nice little park or perhaps an open mall, like in Vibora. It could offer tailors, various venders (interactable and non-interactable), crafting trainers, and a powerhouse portal, all in different shops within the mall.

And I think the biggest of all could be a huge science complex, like a giant laboratory/robotics lab maybe? Throw in some science and arms trainers for some non-role-play use.

Countryside-

First on my list, a Buddhist-esque shrine?think a classic, large-ish shrine, complete with koi pond, rock garden, and cherry-blossom tree. There would be monks tending to their various duties, whether it be putting up/maintaining protective wards against evil, fixing up/cleaning the shrine itself, that kind of stuff. There could even be a little altar where you could place an offering to refill your stars. Could also have some mysticism trainers!

Similar in looks to the shrine would be the martial arts dojo. This one, however, could be an instance rather than an open area, where inside would be a room very similar to the fighting dojo in Westside. There could be masters teaching students the four types of martial arts we have, along with some of the various weapons for each along the walls. Throw in a few martial arts arms trainers for some usefulness and flavor.

Of course, there?s the spa/bathhouse/hot spring area?just wouldn?t be Japan without it! This one is a little self-explanatory, really. A few hot springs?nothing big, but something we don?t really have.

PvP spots

For some added use, there could be a few areas that have pvp-map equivalents. Let me explain. ((I don?t pvp much, so please excuse the bad explanations here))

In the city, there could be a huge hero-games building called the holo-ring. What it would basically be is a big indoor sports arena with holographic-looking terrain. There would be pvp vendors and computers where you could queue for holo-matches in whatever kind of PvP type. The maps, both open-world and pvp, would have a very tron-esque gaming arena look with multiple levels of terrain, and destructible, holo-generated objects that can be thrown.

In the countryside, near the fighting dojo, there could be a dragonball-style fighting ring, also with vendors and the option to queue for pvp matches. Both the open-world and pvp map equivalent would be a large, flat area enclosed by spectator seating, with some npcs thrown into the seating for some flair. There could be boulders and some trees or practice dummies around for throwing.

And to tie in with the giant robots and Kaiju, why not include a new pvp arena, focused around?you guessed it, giant robots versus Kaiju? We have already seen that the ability to actually pilot giant robots is in game, and this just seems like a no brainer to me.

(suggested by rokurocarisu) An action figure fighting arena, similar to the rikti fighting cage in CoX, paying homage to things like medabots. The action figures would have no level, equal stats, and a small amount of powers, 3-5 powers per AF.

This is open to additions and is a bit of a work in progress...but yeah, thats my idea for a japan zone!

Hideout

Along with the temple I had suggested earlier, perhaps a dojo/shrine hideout could be released as well, and/or some asian themed additions to our existing/upcoming hideouts, such as for the sanctum, cave, basement, and upcoming penthouse.

Edit- Check the bolded area up top, dudes.
Post edited by vincyre on

Comments

• Options
    stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since I accidentally made my Unleashed look like a Japanese Batman, I would really like to see this happen. /Signed.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

I would love to see this happen
  • Options
    cordocacordoca Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

Also, consider a Grond Vs Mecha-Grond event for that area (something that triggers not so often, and its Japan, we need Giant Monsters/Robots Clashing around)
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    new zones means new fun
  • Options
    youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    love the idea, we already need a huge zone that fills some gaps so this would be a perfect place to start.

/signed

vincyre wrote: »
    Before you dismiss this as an anime/manga zone suggestion, keep this in mind. Mainly, I want the npc's to LOOK Japanese, and I DONT want them to have huge eyes, monstrously huge, obscenely colorful hairstyles. This is NOT a suggestion to make anime or manga themed content, this is a serious suggestion for an asian-styled zone.

beside your reasoning, what's wrong with that......it's champions online not america online.....
  • Options
    stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Besides, this would be a perfect chance to see the Tiger Squad in the game.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Like it was before.. /signed :biggrin:

Japan Zone and Moon Zone are my most wanted in this game.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yougan wrote: »
    beside your reasoning, what's wrong with that......it's champions online not america online.....

/Agreed, why wouldn't a Japanese Comic Superhero zone not be representive of manga and anime? Makes no sense.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I take everything that is simply a NEW ZONE .. and not some Alert, CS or AP stuff.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Japan zone? Why not, it's always another industrial zone.
    But be it a real Japan, not Japan ispired animu-manga-badly-drawn-crap zone.

I like CO because regardless of its shortcoming it isn't just another asian animu game.
    Yes, it isn't America Online, but also it isn't Animu Online. Classic superhero genre has little in commmon with japanese attempts at comics.
  • Options
    aronakallzaronakallz Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Japan would look best as a cyberpunk/futuristic zone, with industrial suburbs and access to sea, maybe even with some countryside. There should be at least some anime themed quests though, because why not ? It should be a possibility, just not the main theme of the zone.
  • Options
    ursoagrivatingursoagrivating Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They are only adding two new zones, with each level cap increase. The first is Hudson City, which is like the Champions Universe version of Gotham, the second is going to be a space zone, centered around Star Guard and Champion's 3000 content. I'll check the lore books and see what Japan actually does look like in the Champion's setting.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    love the idea, we already need a huge zone that fills some gaps so this would be a perfect place to start.

/signed

My reasoning for this is because the last thread I posted about this suggestion, before it was changed to the whole "archived poster" thing, everyone started whining about it being some huge problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    They are only adding two new zones, with each level cap increase. The first is Hudson City, which is like the Champions Universe version of Gotham, the second is going to be a space zone, centered around Star Guard and Champion's 3000 content. I'll check the lore books and see what Japan actually does look like in the Champion's setting.

And exactly -where- are you getting the idea that they are picking hudson city as the next zone? Far as I know, it was never set in stone what the city would be.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vincyre wrote: »
    And exactly -where- are you getting the idea that they are picking hudson city as the next zone? Far as I know, it was never set in stone what the city would be.
    I think it was said once before. A lot of people have been craving this zone.

Now, to your original post:

Because you didn't spew anime/manga references, I support this. Personally, I hate anime/manga and I think it should be chased far, far away from comics-inspired settings with fire, sticks, and socks filled with moldy cheese. But that's just me.

BUT, if it were like you said- some cool cyberpunk-ish stuff... I'd buy it. I could totally do with more tech-related doodads. I like the way you describe it. Not too familiar with Hero Games' lore in Japan but I think I....

Wait...

Waitadamnminnnit...

Go back and add in 'talented voice actors' for this, and I'm sold. I DO NOT want to hear some borderline-racist terribad voice actors doing this. I've got Japanese friends, and if they hear this they are liable to break their shackles in a rage and tell the police all about my secret girl dungeon and....

Wait.... nevermind. Carry on.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love to see a japan zone,but no anime.Just regular city with tall buildings,countryside,a club seeing as how MC and VB have one,and on a sidenote:if they are making 2 zones,I would rather see Japan AND hudson city rather than moon.I mean the moon is good,but we need more cities.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Because you didn't spew anime/manga references, I support this. Personally, I hate anime/manga and I think it should be chased far, far away from comics-inspired settings with fire, sticks, and socks filled with moldy cheese. But that's just me.

manga is comic, it's just Japanese......
    beside, this proves the part about that this is champions online, not america online.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    manga is comic, it's just Japanese......
    beside, this proves the part about that this is champions online, not america online.
    Neither Thorgal or Asterix aren't american comics, doesn't change fact that they doesn't belong to the classic superhero genre.
    CO should remain a game about superheroes and true to it's IP - which basically means that sentai rangers heroes and big kaiju monsters are fine, but typical manga trash is not.
    Champions Online, not Weaboo Online.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Neither Thorgal or Asterix aren't american comics, doesn't change fact that they doesn't belong to the classic superhero genre.
    CO should remain a game about superheroes and true to it's IP - which basically means that sentai rangers heroes and big kaiju monsters are fine, but typical manga trash is not.
    Champions Online, not Weaboo Online.

i have a full list of super heroes from japan, you really want to start talking like that to me?
    btw, if this game is true to it's IP we should only be able to play the IP's heroes and not the ones we make, you sure?
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All my want. When I think of this map, I think of the Cyberpunk map in TF2, but more citylike.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have a full list of super heroes from japan, you really want to start talking like that to me?
    btw, if this game is true to it's IP we should only be able to play the IP's heroes and not the ones we make, you sure?

Wait... don't the Champions rulebooks specifically contain steps and systems to do exactly that - create your *own* character?

Regardless, I'd like to see a smart, tastefully done Japan zone - whether it is Japan or simply Japanese-inspired.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I keep thinking Blade Runner for some reason.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1. signed.

2. Hudson City was never confirmed. They simply said that it would be a city and more gritty than MC.
    They way they said it, it sounded like the new zone would be neither Japan nor Hudson City.

I think there is a strong possibility that the new zone will not be something from pnp lore, or will be a hybrid of themes from various parts of the IP (semi original).

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now first of all, I still support this suggestion and I have quite a bunch of own ideas, but I think I will post them in a seperate thread.

I don't want this zone to be full of anime references, of course, but you could hardly have Japan without a few of them. Champions Online is full of funny references and the Japan Zone should be no exception. Just keep it subtile. :wink:

And for the superhero theme of the game; I'd like to note that Japanese superheroes are more present in live action TV (tokusatsu) than in manga and anime.
    I'm noting that because the heroes in this zone should be inspired by actual Japanese superheroes, not by anime characters that are no superheroes and especially not by the borderline racist ones from Marvel and DC.

Sentai, Metal Heroes, Kamen Rider: Yes! :biggrin:

Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach: No! :rolleyes:

Sunfire, Silver Samurai, Big Science Action: Hell no! :mad:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll check the lore books and see what Japan actually does look like in the Champion's setting.

I did that already.
    There is not much lore specifically about Japan in the Champions IP yet. Most of it is from the Champions Worldwide book, which focuses more on characters.

Clearly stated is that Japan is frequently attacked by kaiju from Monster Island and has a special defense force called Sakura, which is using mecha to counter these monster attacks. Also, ARGENT is very present in Japan.

Canon characters from this book are:

Tetsuronin: The "Japanese Defender" and one of the strongest Power Armor heroes in the world.
    Gadget Boy: You know him already.
    Charm Girl: A half-extradimensional idol singer who is also a "flying brick" superheroine. She never sticks with one costume for very long.
    To (Tower): A power-armored hero. His name suggests that he is HUGE.
    Zodiak Man: An animal shapeshifer. His animal forms might be based on the Chinese zodiak.
    Kazan: A very dangerous supervillain with vulcanic powers. He is the kind of villain you expect to fight in a Rampage Alert.
    Tetsuryu: A mercenary villain in dragon-based power armor. Not related to Tetsuronin.

That's all.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Now first of all, I still support this suggestion and I have quite a bunch of own ideas, but I think I will post them in a seperate thread.

I don't want this zone to be full of anime references, of course, but you could hardly have Japan without a few of them. Champions Online is full of funny references and the Japan Zone should be no exception. Just keep it subtile. :wink:

And for the superhero theme of the game; I'd like to note that Japanese superheroes are more present in live action TV (tokusatsu) than in manga and anime.
    I'm noting that because the heroes in this zone should be inspired by actual Japanese superheroes, not by anime characters that are no superheroes and especially not by the borderline racist ones from Marvel and DC.

Sentai, Metal Heroes, Kamen Rider: Yes! :biggrin:

Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach: No! :rolleyes:

Sunfire, Silver Samurai, Big Science Action: Hell no! :mad:
    so in short, you want a game that is boring limited and doesn't even remotely shows any comic book style, not to mention that the whole IP is pretty much one big racist fiasco.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    so in short, you want a game that is boring limited and doesn't even remotely shows any comic book style, not to mention that the whole IP is pretty much one big racist fiasco.

... what? Seriously, how did you read THAT into my statemet? O_o
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Champions universe isn't even remotely racist. How it's depicted in CO, however, is other thing.
    For example, i like how Tetsuronin's armor looks. He's wearing a perfect synthesis of samurai armor and sentai uniform - he looks like an actual hero of Japanese origin.
    In opposition to the Sunfire or Silver Samurai, both were dumb racial stereotypes.

Also, sentai heroes are a must in the Japanese zone - they are most iconic and closest equivalent to the western superheroes.
  • Options
    adefesioadefesio Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, consider a Grond Vs Mecha-Grond event for that area (something that triggers not so often, and its Japan, we need Giant Monsters/Robots Clashing around)

Mecha-Grond

MECHA-GROND!!

Make it happen!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Champions universe isn't even remotely racist. How it's depicted in CO, however, is other thing.
    For example, i like how Tetsuronin's armor looks. He's wearing a perfect synthesis of samurai armor and sentai uniform - he looks like an actual hero of Japanese origin.
    In opposition to the Sunfire or Silver Samurai, both were dumb racial stereotypes.

Also, sentai heroes are a must in the Japanese zone - they are most iconic and closest equivalent to the western superheroes.

both marvel character are what they are and not racist at all, i could say the same thing about CO with only white ppl being heroes and everything being american......
    or what about the part that most CO heroes and villains are pretty much clones from the marvel universe, they are named different with a different costume but i can easily connect defender to iron man or destroyer being DR doom.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    both marvel character are what they are and not racist at all, i could say the same thing about CO with only white ppl being heroes and everything being american......

And once again poor Kinetic gets forgotten.

BTW...Sapphire isn't white either.

And then there is the whole UNTIL and Canada thing...you know, like, not American.

But you know, keep on with the hateraid. It might start working for you....eventually. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    And once again poor Kinetic gets forgotten.

BTW...Sapphire isn't white either.

And then there is the whole UNTIL and Canada thing...you know, like, not American.

But you know, keep on with the hateraid. It might start working for you....eventually. :biggrin:

actually canada is part of america, just not part of the US.........
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, basically you're still wrong. Simply by a slightly lesser degree.

Hey, whatever works for ya.

BTW, I said American not America. But when grasping at straws, I understand one must take what they can get.
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Equivocating is awesome.

Also, yeah:

Kinetic is black.
    Until is a UN organization. Did you happen to notice that many of the contacts are not only not white, they're not even from North America?
    Jetboy? Hello?

You'd have a point if you weren't wrong, because you're woefully ignorant of the gameworld you're griping about.
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Could we, ah...stop derailing the thread with discussion about racism..?

>.>
  • Options
    icegodzilla777icegodzilla777 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah a japan zone does sound cool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    yeah a japan zone does sound cool

This is all I could think about with the first thread, and now it's all I can think of with this one.
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    or what about the part that most CO heroes and villains are pretty much clones from the marvel universe, they are named different with a different costume but i can easily connect defender to iron man or destroyer being DR doom.

Sunfire and Silver Samurai being on default narrow-minded arrogant nationalists, also, Japanese villains like Daken or Shinobi Shaw both are perverted deviants and Japan in Marvel Comics is very often little more than breeding ground for ninjas?
    No stereotypes at all.

Champions Online is only a small part of Champions Universe IP and not really representative due to mediocre Cryptic's skill at writing and making storylines.

And even in CO we have non-USA heroes. Starting from Justiciar, there is also Japanese Gadget Boy, whole Bureau 17 and even not counting Kinetik, one of the Blood Moon undead heroes was black person, when he was alive: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Shadowboxer_(Hero).

So, Japan zone would be non-Japan, only American, because would be based on real Japan, CU book about Japan and Japanese sentai shows?
    And since it's a game about superheroes - sentais ARE true Japanese equivalent of superheroes. There is nothing more superheroic and purely Japanese.

PS.: Defender is far too much boy scout type for being comparable with Tony Stark.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Question:

Would a Japan zone involve Tetsuronin standing in the middle of Shibuya asking if players have a moment?
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see a japan zone with more of a downtown,cyber punk type look to it.For the open missions in the zone there could be giant monsters fighting or some giant destroid that makes mega Destroid look like a toy.Also mechanon could be involced with the whole cyber punk style of the city.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    Question:

Would a Japan zone involve Tetsuronin standing in the middle of Shibuya asking if players have a moment?

Of course not! Unlike that chump, Defender, Tetsuronin has better things to do with his time.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    He would be rather penetrating the other side of the buildings...
    Sry, couldn't resist. :biggrin:
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could the game engine handle 5 heroes merging to one? And what happens when the left leg player wants to go one way and the right another?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    PS.: Defender is far too much boy scout type for being comparable with Tony Stark.

Tetsuronin is actually more like Tony. He can be a bit egocentric and touchy sometimes. :biggrin:
    cynicool wrote: »
    Question:

Probably. It would be a waste not having him as a contact. :redface:

Anyway, I'd like to point out that Sentai (Rangers) are not the only Japanese superhero archetype. Typical for them is a spandex costume and a full helmet.

But there are other designs too:

Riders
    http://larcadiadurias.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/toei_inazu.jpg?w=655
    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/DeathFreedom89/Kamen%20Rider/bsh1.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m502qyIdFR1rptip6o4_1280.jpg
    Unlike Sentai, these wear armor on their tights and usually fight alone.

Metal/Armor Heroes
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5k8oCN0qdL8/TEfnpytB0tI/AAAAAAAABwU/gJIc_38eouY/s1600/metal+hero+trilogy.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/AZXB8.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9zXn9QeP-EU/TDa0F1MfimI/AAAAAAAABR0/jn6jrcDCEWg/s1600/IMG_0660.jpg
    These are either fully robotic or wear full body power armor, which is notably heavier than a Rider's. Tetsuronin and Gokin are heroes of this kind.

Magical Girls (and Boys)
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ys3Vj3GQJjE/TgLNvEkc9JI/AAAAAAAAGC4/pmP4BT6432w/s1600/live-action-sailor-moon.jpg
    http://www.cafe-anime.de/wcf/images/photos/photo-4404-080b14da.gif
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4000000/cure-team-pretty-cure-4029562-557-287.jpg
    http://polychromium.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/nanoha_3.jpg?w=640
    http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u11852/cartoonfreak234-albums-some-fave-anime-shows-picture14447-all-10-bronze-saint-saint-seiya.jpg
    They have most variable costume designs and are the only kind of Japanese superhores that are more present in anime than in tokusatsu.

Masked Beauties
    http://dublanet.com.br/versao2012/forum/uploads/1296336272/gallery_2615_6_9522.jpg
    http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13400000/Tuxedo-Kamen-tuxedo-mask-13437704-576-800.jpg
    http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4/2884-laseine_large.jpg
    http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/aj6293/cutey_honey.jpg
    Very similar to Magical Girls. Their figing style is mostly physical though, as the majority of them does not have any superpowers. Charm Girl might count as one of them.

Mutants
    http://api.ning.com/files/t8tIkQOCEgS8mXpzIJAEOkzXmQwauRYkp-0BvMKYSkSRqLw*hOVm-H1nYauKIbOrT5GyrMEPQw9OtvJDsjnTx*bIe*FucdMo/BioBoosterArmorGuyver5.jpg
    http://img.webme.com/pic/j/jagoan/shin2006.jpg
    http://zaqqi.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/guyferd.jpg
    These are usually antiheroes and look like they are wearing organic armor.