test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What About the Region Banned Players?

falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
So. New forums. New login. Same major issue as before with one major difference... the people actually affected by said issue literally cannot voice their complaints anymore. What am I talking about? Region bans. Players from China, Hong Kong, Macao, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and Russia are no longer able to grace these forums with their presence... and I'm sure every one of them is wondering what will happen next.

In fact, so am I.

I've made quite a few friends over the course of my time in CO, and some of them who are still paying to play to this very day live in those banned regions. I don't think it's fair that current paying customers, some of which have even bought LTS, cannot post in these forums and will soon be unable to continue enjoying CO due to the current PWE policies.

So Cryptic (and PWE) what will be done for the people in these banned regions? Will they continue to enjoy your service after the full account merger or will they get swept under the rug while you hope no one else notices?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by falchoin on

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Storm answerd to this in the post above and i got this messege from support Greetings player,

We are currently working on solutions regarding long time Cryptic players who registered in China or Russia before Cryptic Studios was acquired by Perfect World. We urge these players to continue to remain patient while we work on the issue.

Have a nice day.
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, no. Remain patient, and they'll just quietly do nothing. I urge every single one of you who will be affected to email Cryptic (seeing as you can't log into the website to get support, now).
    SQUIRREL!
    edited July 2012
    Then please go read the reply from stormshade
    edited July 2012

Yeah, and it was the same 'just wait patiently so we can sweep it under the rug' bs as six months ago.
    SQUIRREL!
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, and it was the same 'just wait patiently so we can sweep it under the rug' bs as six months ago.

Yes. Seriously 6 months ago when we last had a forum mod say something about it. And then politely ignored.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well they better find a way to grandfather all the players that play the now from those regions. Word of mouth gets around fast.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • datslendermandatslenderman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I still feel like if they had put more time into this merge instead of rushing it out the door (which seems to be a recurring theme) they could have had a solution a long time ago.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Yes, PWE, do something.
    No community management mumbo-jumbo, but real actions.
  • youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh how good cryptic is, they always do such wonderful work.......
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, guys, maybe you hadn't really noticed, but the PWE Corporate Masters wanted these forums to have no icons, and no sigs. They wanted to cram everyone into the same small can of spam. And it was the much-maligned folks at Cryptic who managed to get them to back off, at least to some small extent. Sure, it's not perfect, but hey, it's better than nothing, yes/no?

So yes, I'm willing to cut them some small amount of slack on this, now that I've been informed that it's part of PWE's licensing agreement with their own parent company, Perfect World. Not that I for one am going to let this matter fade away and be forgotten; it's just that there are levels of response between tossing nukes and bending over quietly.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic has nothing to do with this region banning.
    It's PWE's fault and they should resolve this. ASAP.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay, we might get to use custom avatars again. Huzzah for custom signatures.

Now back to the real matter...
    Stormshade or any other Cryptic/PWE employee can *say* whatever they want. As far as I'm concerned this is the exact same response we had earlier. Should we be placated and wait another 6 months while nothing happens?

Hell no! I won't be satisfied until the region bans are actually removed for current paying customers at the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    falchoin wrote: »

Stormshade or any other Cryptic/PWE employee can *say* whatever they want. As far as I'm concerned this is the exact same response we had earlier. Should we be placated and wait another 6 months while nothing happens?

Hell no! I won't be satisfied until the region bans are actually removed for current paying customers at the least.

Yeah seconded it these paying customers that helped keep the games going the games that PWE wanted...a little respect to people that throw away money on your games will ya PWE.

Any PWE guy reading this ina Starbucks right now see that caffe latte stupid frape your drinking right now some guy in Russia help pay for a tiny fraction of that.

Enjoy your beverage -.-
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • everythingtakeneverythingtaken Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Looks to Avatar* Okay, now that that's fixed. Back to important matters. Will cancel sub if this isn't resolved.
  • kurbeewankenobikurbeewankenobi Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be nice to have some measure of good news in what is a pointless, feature-removing fustercluck into a new forum.

No hate on Cryptic here. I just wish you guys had a longer leash to post meaningful responses regarding the incoming region ban.

@Kurbee - Join date: Nov 09. Interested in costume contests? Join the 'Contests' channel to see advertisements for CC's occurring every day.
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I support Falchoin, as I am going to be losing a great deal of friends over this.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
    edited July 2012
    Same here as well
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I also support Falchoin on this issue.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited July 2012
    Also another issue with this is the stupid report feature that needs to be removed compleatly but that is not part of this but it should be since i had a chineses friend leave the game because of it
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would rather not lose some good co friends, please find a way to fix this, Cryptic. :frown:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Storm answerd to this in the post above and i got this messege from support Greetings player,

We are currently working on solutions regarding long time Cryptic players who registered in China or Russia before Cryptic Studios was acquired by Perfect World. We urge these players to continue to remain patient while we work on the issue.

Have a nice day.

Sounds like an answering machine.
  • bamfimgonebamfimgone Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i totally agree, I enjoy playing with the friends i have made here on CO and would hate to lose the ability to play with any of them. please dont ban my friends!
  • primal0889primal0889 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do hope this issue is resolved soon. It's not right to have paying customers, especially ones with LTS be forced to drop the game just because of the region they live in and a few bad apples that spoil the bunch. :/
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2012

This^

The proof is in the pudding, and I for one will believe these claims when I see players from those regions eating puddin in CO (and hopefully posting in the forums as well).

I'm throwing my sig into the cause!

Probably not

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
    edited July 2012
    They are doing "shard maintenance " today they better not do what I think they are doing.

Advice to PWE look what happened to Sony when they talked about giving control of the Euro players to some German company (Prosat at that they are worst). Didnt go down to well. DCUO lost a 3rd of the players it had gained at its FTP due to justified rage quitting.

Dont be a Richard.
  • kurbeewankenobikurbeewankenobi Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I thought the worst when I saw the shard maintenance, I admit. I hope I'm merely being melodramatic and that my friend will still be able to log in next time she tries to.

@Kurbee - Join date: Nov 09. Interested in costume contests? Join the 'Contests' channel to see advertisements for CC's occurring every day.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thankfully it seems players are still able to use their Cryptic account info. Maybe if we had patch notes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I used to never use the forums, but the recent events in game has brought me here.

I am wondering why Cryptic/PWE are taking these actions, and It distrubs me.
    The transparency in Champions is almost nil.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
    edited July 2012
    We really need a response to this issues the more silence we get the more git like the powers that be look.
    edited July 2012
    Would also like to add my cousin lives in Hong Kong , she spends way more cash than I in the C-store. Advice PWE hire some accountants then ask them about this wonderful thing called money.

Also I have a minimal amount of shares but I still have some shares if you region block those players I will find John Smedley and force him to buy my shares and he's just awful -.-
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just wanted to stop by and drop my support for Kali's thread, the people fighting this horrid action, and most importantly....what "Nepht says" because that line is hilariously clever. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • yannsolo75yannsolo75 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No idea what's going on, did they at least have an excuse to do this, or did they just go Dr D. on some countries without warning or explanations?
    nepht wrote: »
    Would also like to add my cousin lives in Hong Kong , she spends way more cash than I in the C-store. Advice PWE hire some accountants then ask them about this wonderful thing called money.

Also I have a minimal amount of shares but I still have some shares if you region block those players I will find John Smedley and force him to buy my shares and he's just awful -.-

I'm still bitter with him over swg.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you can't loing to the webiste to ,log a ticket. go to the main page of perfect world

Down the bottom i scontact us.
    Enter subject feild accounts and complain in the note feild. It goes to the ticket area.

I have never got the ticket button to wokr. I can't get the link to work from the reply to my complaint ,so I use that.

pwe1@mailmw.custhelp.com- this is the address on the ticket I got.
    customerservice@perfectworld.com - this obviously enough is customer service.

and I will now go an d play solitair for a while as my acct is still not back
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• silveragefogeysilveragefogey Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You trust Stormshade? You mean, the person who A) is most likely being very tightly controlled on his commentary from above, and B) posts replies once every six months, need it or not?

Stormshade? Seriously?

Grind. Grind never changes.
    If you're playing CO and reporting any bugs, you're STILL an unpaid QA technician.
    "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied" - message from PW customer service.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You trust Stormshade? You mean, the person who A) is most likely being very tightly controlled on his commentary from above, and B) posts replies once every six months, need it or not?

Stormshade? Seriously?

You guys ever wonder why Cryptic employees post infrequently outside of the PTS?
    This nonsense right here is why.

A third of the people on these forums doesn't believe a word that comes from the CS department.
    Another third doesn't believe a word that comes from Stormshade.
    The remaining third doesn't believe either CS or Stormshade.

They both have their faults but constantly putting them up in the stockade for public amusement and beratement because of those faults is pathetic. If Splosions or Tumerboy were official CM types then, in time, you'd(collective 'you' for the interpretively impaired) react the same way to them as well.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • dukeofheredukeofhere Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Region ban, not only here, everywhere, have always been a "Dumb" idea, so i go with falchoin with this, not premade replies, no silence, just say what is going on, and let people rage or aknowledge that this company, is gonna thrown this game in the dumpster, because of this region ban. So /signed and waiting answer as well.

CowofCaos
    edited July 2012
    You guys ever wonder why Cryptic employees post infrequently outside of the PTS?

Because we've called them out on their BS one too many times, plus because CO is probably not high on the company's priorities?

Its not like people don't rage in other game forums. I've been going to official boards in a lot of other games recently and people whining and complaining and even calling the devs or reps names is not that uncommon. I'm not saying that its necessarily "right", but I'm not sure that pointing to an instance of people bringing up negative points about communication from official channels in the game or making sarcastic comments or the like about them is evidence enough that that's the clear and only (or at least main) reason why they don't communicate with us when:

A) It happens in every official game forum, and...

B) We didn't create the BS that gets called out, we're only reacting to it (after many, many documented instances of it).

On the other hand - people like Tumorboy? We LIKED him. (Ahhh Taco-head... I like you're helping Star Trek, since I play that, too. But I'm sad you're no longer here. I think we need you here, more. :frown: )
  • kazimakakazimaka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The region ban is just wrong on so many levels. Pwe instead of investing in some proper security decides to ban entire countrys over a few bad apples. Its lazy on their part.

Its like those teachers who punished the entire classroom cause of a few bad apples in the back of the room. Its horriable logic and shouldnt of happen.

To those who got region banned. You have my sympathies.

:frown:
    We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
    edited July 2012
    kazimaka wrote: »
    The region ban is just wrong on so many levels. Pwe instead of investing in some proper security decides to ban entire countrys over a few bad apples. Its lazy on their part.

Its like those teachers who punished the entire classroom cause of a few bad apples in the back of the room. Its horriable logic and shouldnt of happen.

To those who got region banned. You have my sympathies.

:frown:

The fraud thing is also, frankly, a lie (which crazily enough, a PWE support faq makes clear).

The blocked countries are PWE's parent company's stomping grounds. People there are limited to the localizations of PW games that the parent company (PW full stop, not PWE) controls.

Except CO and STO don't have localizations for those regions and I doubt that PW would ever bother, so unless PWE modifies their systems to account for actually having some world-license games, the soon-to-be former players from those regions are ****ed over.
    SQUIRREL!
    edited July 2012
    Because we've called them out on their BS one too many times, plus because CO is probably not high on the company's priorities?

Its not like people don't rage in other game forums. I've been going to official boards in a lot of other games recently and people whining and complaining and even calling the devs or reps names is not that uncommon. I'm not saying that its necessarily "right", but I'm not sure that pointing to an instance of people bringing up negative points about communication from official channels in the game or making sarcastic comments or the like about them is evidence enough that that's the clear and only (or at least main) reason why they don't communicate with us when:

A) It happens in every official game forum, and...

B) We didn't create the BS that gets called out, we're only reacting to it (after many, many documented instances of it).

A) So because other official game forums go absolutely nuts at times (lookin at you SWTOR and EA) it's ok to do that here too?

B)Around here the way the community reacts to said BS, while never ME3 level, is still pretty ridiculous. (Equating beating on Red Winter to PWE "hating" on Russia with region bans? Seriously?)

Remember when Tiyshen was orchestrating in game events? Most* of the threads that relayed the details of said events eventually devolved into community members "reacting" to unrelated BS that Atari/Cryptic was involved with at the time. Some people carried over their "reactions" into the game by attempting to disrupt those events just so they could stand on a soapbox and chew out someone who had nothing to do with the problem. Even Tumerboy wasn't immune to the misdirected hate. Both past and current behavior can make this community seem like a rather unfriendly place at times.

If I were in SS's position I'd only interact with you guys when I absolutely had to based on this community's history.

To that bolded portion up top: This community needs to start coming to terms with the fact that a name like Star Trek will always outbid us at the table when it's time to dole out funding.

* - PvP event threads being the only ones where the complaints were actually on-topic and relevant with the queue system being jacked up at the time.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's a sh*ttyjob, but someone has to do it.
    Just when the 'Had To' moment comes, its late.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just to add my little confused voice...
    I would urge Cryptic to keep on at PW/PWE to find a work around.
    And for all I know they're doing just that....
    Sigh I am too badly informed to have an opinion on this matter.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited July 2012
    A) So because other official game forums go absolutely nuts at times (lookin at you SWTOR and EA) it's ok to do that here too?
    I'm not saying that its necessarily "right", but... *snip*

...point being that if its so rampantly common its hard to pin point it as the precise reason they don't respond here, like people doing it here makes them different from anywhere else. As I understand it people whine in the Star Trek boards as well. Devs/reps haven't stopped posting there as a result.
    B)Around here the way the community reacts to said BS, while never ME3 level, is still pretty ridiculous. (Equating beating on Red Winter to PWE "hating" on Russia with region bans? Seriously?)

Im not sure that was the exact point of that thread, but more to point out that given the recent forum bans and pending game bans people might take issue or see it as insensitive that we get to beat on some Russians the very week of the bans to forum access to those regions. Maybe making that connetion was stretching it a bit, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was over the top ridiculous.
    Remember when Tiyshen was orchestrating in game events? Most* of the threads that relayed the details of said events eventually devolved into community members "reacting" to unrelated BS that Atari/Cryptic was involved with at the time. Some people carried over their "reactions" into the game by attempting to disrupt those events just so they could stand on a soapbox and chew out someone who had nothing to do with the problem. Even Tumerboy wasn't immune to the misdirected hate. Both past and current behavior can make this community seem like a rather unfriendly place at times.

To be honest I don't remember all the details of those events because I didn't follow the threads when that situation blew up, plus I didn't use to participate in Tiyshen's events because:

A) I like the flexibility of login when I feel like playing rather than set a specific time aside to participate in planned events (and her events were often in conflicting schedules with my actual play times and/or stuff I was doing in RL at the time).

B) The computer I had at the time had poor processing/memory power and lagged terribly in large crowds.

Though, I agree that stalking a rep into an event and disrupting it for everyone is ridiculous, unless that player had suffered from some MAJOR crap Cryptic had done to them and CS had been giving them the run around for months and felt they had no other recourse. And even then it would have been ridiculous, but IMO a bit understandable.
    To that bolded portion up top: This community needs to start coming to terms with the fact that a name like Star Trek will always outbid us at the table when it's time to dole out funding.

I have sort of come to terms with that fact, and with the notion that CO probably doesn't even matter to Cryptic/PW. But it still wont stop people spending money and/or getting invested in this game from being frustrated as a result of neglect.

If Cryptic would be more open with communication (With less answering machined answers), while there would still be the few who would be jerks, the hate would be less. Cryptic is just as much at fault for how the players react to their own employees as the players are.

There was an incident not long ago where a player was locked out of their characters for about a month and a half. Cryptic ignored them, the responses they got from tickets told them to spend money in the c-store to fix the problem caused by a glitch in their own systems. I believe another player has stated that they've had a ticket open for a year+ with out a response. That is why those event threads were filled with complaints, because they felt that was the only way to get a response to their problem.

If Cryptics customer service reps can't stand these comments from angry customers, then they shouldn't be in customer service, that is apart of the job. (Whether it is right or wrong is irrelevent) Ignoring customers is one of the fastest ways to lose customers, and is one of the reasons why we are where we are now.
    edited July 2012
    draogn wrote: »
    If Cryptic would be more open with communication (With less answering machined answers), while there would still be the few who would be jerks, the hate would be less. Cryptic is just as much at fault for how the players react to their own employees as the players are.

There was an incident not long ago where a player was locked out of their characters for about a month and a half. Cryptic ignored them, the responses they got from tickets told them to spend money in the c-store to fix the problem caused by a glitch in their own systems. I believe another player has stated that they've had a ticket open for a year+ with out a response. That is why those event threads were filled with complaints, because they felt that was the only way to get a response to their problem.

If Cryptics customer service reps can't stand these comments from angry customers, then they shouldn't be in customer service, that is apart of the job. (Whether it is right or wrong is irrelevent) Ignoring customers is one of the fastest ways to lose customers, and is one of the reasons why we are where we are now.

Expecting a personalized response to every ticket is the wrong expectation to have. It's way too time consuming and despite it being made from scratch, the answer given still may not be "good enough". This also applies to every complaint made on the forum.

People are responsible for their own actions. Period. If players want to react negatively to a change being made it's because they feel they must, not because Cryptic or anyone else is putting the proverbial gun to their head.

Is the incident you're referring to where CS told the player in question to purchase a couple of Re-Train tokens to switch around his AT his characters were so he could get it back to what it was supposed to be? I was one of those affected by that "bug" and that took place BEFORE I went lifer. I don't remember how all of that panned out for that guy but I opted to delete my affected character rather than follow the heinous advice given by the CS on the matter.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People are responsible for their own actions. Period. If players want to react negatively to a change being made it's because they feel they must, not because Cryptic or anyone else is putting the proverbial gun to their head.

To a limited extent I agree.

But,

When the company representatives do things like follow players to non-company sites in order to call them vulgar names....

When company reps berates customers for filing tickets...I mean seriously, if they don't want to respond to tickets that is one thing, to actually insult people (I use the plural because I don't assume that I am the only one who has received this treatment) for filing them is something else entirely.

When the company just deletes tickets without ever resolving the situations they describe...particularly when the situation involves a denial of paid for service...

When tickets can go unanswered for as long as two years...

Its not unreasonable to react negatively, particularly toward the individual responsible for some significant portion of the situations.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    When the company representatives do things like follow players to non-company sites in order to call them vulgar names....

When company reps berates customers for filing tickets...I mean seriously, if they don't want to respond to tickets that is one thing, to actually insult people (I use the plural because I don't assume that I am the only one who has received this treatment) for filing them is something else entirely.

Have you filed formal complaints with the company about these incidents, because if not then you really shouldn't be coming on these forums and complaining if you're not going to bring this up with the company itself.

I've detailed procedures for reporting these sorts of things before on these and the free player forums, particularly in reference to complaints about specific GMs who were taking actions then responding to the tickets to have those actions investigated but for the sake of anyone who wants to make those complaints I'll list those procedures again.

1. Submit complaint, wait three days for reply.

2. If no reply is made in 3 days update the ticket, if the ticket has been closed or deleted without response submit another one.

3. If the ticket is responded to and closed by the staff member whom the complaint is about submit another. If it isn't closed then your only response should be for the ticket to be escalated.

4. When you finally get a response from your ticket then request the ticket be escalated if it isn't escalated by the support staff member who responded. The first line of support staff your ticket will reach will not have any authority but to either escalate the ticket or give a cut and paste reply from a massive list.

5. Keep at it. This is important, the process may take time but submitting a ticket then ignoring it if there's no response and then complaining when it gets automatically closed a few months later is the wrong way to go about it. Especially if you're complaining about it on the company forums rather than through the ticket system.

6. If your previous tickets on the subject have been closed without response or if the person you're making the complaint about has been responding and closing the tickets, always provide a list of the ticket numbers in the ticket so when someone who can investigate it gets it they know exactly where they're looking for what's been going on. This is doubly important if the complaint is for the responder being rude or insulting.

7. For a final pointer always be polite in any complaint you make to the company and stick to the facts, you may feel that ranting may not be as harmful online as it would be to someones face, but tickets that are long, rambling rants, especially if they're rude and insulting are more likely to just be tossed aside. Remember, for a ticket system like this it's even easier to pull up previous complaints than a telephone system. You may find it helps to type it up as a formal letter.