test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the world did not end?

mohrgothkhanmohrgothkhan Posts: 11 Arc User
That was what all the fuss was about? The Forums seem cool looking to me.
Post edited by mohrgothkhan on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I SURVIVED TH--

Oh nevermind.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Forumocalypse is a really difficult word to pronounce D:
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Who were you before? I don't recognize the handle.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Players from Russia and China might disagree.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll miss the old forums, for sure. Not many people like this forum, but it's just a matter of time till it grows on them, I suppose. For the DOOM meter of this post to be filled, however: "Change is bad, man. Like REALLY bad." (Nepht does have a point, still.)
  • huntress70huntress70 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The world did not end, the forums are fine, the game is still fun, and this is still the wierdest MMO community of all time.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Heh wow someone that agrees with me that this game is the wierdest game of all time
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    huntress70 wrote: »
    The world did not end, the forums are fine, the game is still fun, and this is still the wierdest MMO community of all time.

I share this sentiment.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I'm not going to go that far. There's quite a few features missing that we had before and that I was using on a daily basis. Tack on to that, this new format is hard for me to read. Might be playing tricks on my eyes but posts seem to be running together. I don't anticipate being as active as I was before mainly due to eye strain.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • ofarmerofarmer Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Though it doesn't cause any issue with me, I would like to see some sort of border between posts to help distinguish them. KJ3's not the first I've seen mention it.
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And you're still free to leave at any time.
    My what a wonderful wooooorld...
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Well, in the thread about the integration under Super News Network, Stormy tells us that the region ban hasn't yet kicked in, and Cryptic's still trying to convince their PWE Overlords that licensing issues don't come into play...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,104 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can't seem to get my original handle. Ya know, the one RESERVED for us.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess it's not too bad, but I woud love to have bigger avatars... and I miss many features, like the heroes page, the mailing system, etc.
    I think the intention, eventually, is that our characters will be integrated into the CORE Connect system. So we'll be able to access them there.

However, I am not privy to any secret information. It's just that CORE does seem to have spaces for "my characters"
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    This CORE thing is really mediocre and lackluster, at least in this regard.
    You can't see real characters costume and build, but only a generic icon for race and class along with the character name and level.
    Tested it with the Forsaken World characters. Really, it's nothing to speak of.
  • podsixpodsix Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well the "My Characters" thing over at STO had been broken since Cryptic was an Atari property. The CO one was really nice, and I liked it, but from what I hear, it wasn't working for everyone.

I think that some posters might be on the right track, with just outsourcing that data to a third party site like a Wiki or Primus Database or what have you.

I agree, it's certainly not as nice as having it all in one official place. I'd still like to see our characters show up in CORE, since I haven't played any other PW games, I have no characters to display at all. Who knows, maybe this will drive PW to expand and improve the characters aspect of CORE. :redface:
    edited July 2012
    maybe this will drive PW to expand and improve
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

no
    podsix wrote: »
    I think the intention, eventually, is that our characters will be integrated into the CORE Connect system. So we'll be able to access them there.

However, I am not privy to any secret information. It's just that CORE does seem to have spaces for "my characters"
    If we're going to forced to take the bad with the good...
    ...Could we at least have the good?

Meaning the ability to connect CO/STO characters to the "Core" connect character thing? :frown:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The buttons are atrocious! They look like something out of 1998.
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm still trying to figure out who is who.
  • podsixpodsix Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    craybestt wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
    no

Well.. to be fair.. we DID get custom avatars. It seems like PW wants core to be their version of steam.. so adding more functionality there would seem to be in their interests.

I would like to hear someone from Cryptic/PW tell us what's going to happen with the web "My Characters" tech.. is it being abandoned, or planned to be brought back later, or what?
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Psst going to sneak this in here so people ahve something else to look foward to. But other then that in game. My @name is Gunarm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4cyQsQRoZA
    edited July 2012
    yeah I really hope they'll change the buttons to something similar to what we had before.
    I'm not going to go that far. There's quite a few features missing that we had before and that I was using on a daily basis. Tack on to that, this new format is hard for me to read. Might be playing tricks on my eyes but posts seem to be running together. I don't anticipate being as active as I was before mainly due to eye strain.

I am not as active anymore in sto website because it is hard to read for me also and you can't easily find your last post. You have to do a google search to find your post.
  • doogie74doogie74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    warcanch wrote: »
    Can't seem to get my original handle. Ya know, the one RESERVED for us.

No one that I know has had any luck with that.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    doogie74 wrote: »
    No one that I know has had any luck with that.
    Well, I don't know that I'd go that far...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love my new handle.

I am a Pretty Bird.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I survived as well though not unscarred >_> (have an 0 instead of an o, could be worse I guess:rolleyes:).
    edited July 2012
    yeah, I'm guessing a double "t" isn't that bad either... too bad I had to use another email (which i had not used for years) so I hope they don't sent me important information there.
    My 515 is slowly moving backward through my name by the next forum upgrade I will be 515mandrake :biggrin:

@mandrake515
    craybestt wrote: »
    yeah, I'm guessing a double "t" isn't that bad either... too bad I had to use another email (which i had not used for years) so I hope they don't sent me important information there.

LOL for some reason when I read that it made me laugh. Yeah....I don't remember ever getting any important information from Cryptic (most of the time they don't know/have the info themselves). It's hilarious :biggrin:
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, in the thread about the integration under Super News Network, Stormy tells us that the region ban hasn't yet kicked in, and Cryptic's still trying to convince their PWE Overlords that licensing issues don't come into play...

1) Yeah, Stormy also told us that he would be looking into the chat ban issue and people using it to troll costume contests. We still haven't heard from him about that since then, and that doesn't even involve licensing issues of any sort, which are an entirely trickier matter onto themselves.

2) That still doesn't address the fact that players from those regions are no longer able to post. So when the OP says:

...and Nepht replies...
    nepht wrote: »

...yeah, I'm not so sure they would agree either. They're not even able to bring up the pending region ban issue anymore, and have to rely entirely on those of us that are still around to do it for them.

Yeah alot was lost.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • huntress70huntress70 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012

And you're still free to leave at any time.
    My what a wonderful wooooorld...

You read something negative about my post? I said the game is still fun, as in, I still enjoy playing. Now, if you're offended by me calling this the wierdest MMO community I have ever been a part of, well, I can't do anything about you taking it the wrong way.
  • queenchangelingqueenchangeling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I feel left out of this "retaining old custom avatars" party.

Is there some secret or was everyone that uploaded a custom image instead of using one of their characters just grandfathered in?
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They're just that quick with fixing these things. There's a link around to the place where you can actually upload an actual picture. My old constant is no longer relevant since it was just an inverted default. Inverted Defender won't work since I don't want to have some sort of Degenerate Architecture Fetishist as my Sidepic even if it is color inverted.
    10dsf81.png
  • haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I am also noticing that. For black, the background seems fairly glare-y and the white text is very bright (too bright, imo).

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • doogie74doogie74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, I don't know that I'd go that far...

I did not say no one has had luck; I said no one that I know has had luck. I made a true statement what do you mean by your statement?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the background looks more paynes grey and the dev ider between the posts is a thin line of dark blue.

I want my messages back, 6mths of RP character& story backgrounds takes a awhile to split screen type to word.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• roadwulf1roadwulf1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's.. livable. Serviceable. Went from steak to hamburger, but its still edible.

If we're going by food, I'd say we went from Kobe Beef to McDonalds.

My Characters(Archived Post, will repost when time allows)
    Side-kick System Compilation Thread
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just wish the forums didn't feel so dang squished.