test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Features moved or just removed?

disasterous102disasterous102 Posts: 4 Arc User
So perfect world...

You guys apparently managed to merge the co website with your own ( which was unecessary in the first place.) But now I can't seem to find a couple of very simple features that cryptic had implemented quite a while ago...

1. You used to be able to see which of your friends is online on the main page - where did that feature go?

2. Also when you clicked on a name in said list you used to be able to see the characters bio he/she plays with. There was a similiar feature for your own characters aswell - Too technical? Couldn't your 1990's geocities homepage handle that anymore?

Have these features seriously been removed just to make space for a ****ty facebook tracker with faces of strangers or what?
Post edited by disasterous102 on

Comments

• craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1990's geocities homepage
    hahahahaha
    I want features back. I also want clear spacing between forum posts, because it's really annoying with nothing to seperate them.
    Not a fan of the new forums. I want my avatar back. At least they kept all the old posts from before the merge.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also can't get my sig to work.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I want a way to list more than 10 posts per thread.

And PTS to show up without using a direct link:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Right. How to get signature to work?
    Editing one in the forum control panel changes nothing.
    Ok, it works, finally.
  • chezmenchezmen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so quick reply doesn't function.

also not liking the forums changes.
    Things wanted no region blocks, my forum history restored im not some nub ive been playing champions before PWE came along and my forum avatar back pronto.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is the ability to look at our characters gone as well or can I just not find them yet?
  • chezmenchezmen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is the ability to look at our characters gone as well or can I just not find them yet?

i'm presuming that the CORE connect is the function that is allowing that.
    Nuked into oblivion. No more ability for reading character bios and builds.
    CORE is like a cheap gaming facebook copycat.

Not a Cryptic's fault or doing - it's a PWE's one.
  • disasterous102disasterous102 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    chezmen wrote: »
    i'm presuming that the CORE connect is the function that is allowing that.

except it doesnt. From what I've seen it looks more like being in no way connected to the cryptic servers. I hope they give us all these functions back but it's not giving greedy world any profit so I doubt it will happen
  • spiritbrandspiritbrand Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But now you can leave comments on Release Notes. Shudder to think what will be posted.
    benevon wrote: »
    Not a fan of the new forums. I want my avatar back. At least they kept all the old posts from before the merge.
    benevon wrote: »
    Also can't get my sig to work.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

Signatur :
    You must upload the Picture first, external Signatures don't work. The pro at least is that
    signature-pictures from slow or down sides don't slow down loading.

Hey .. we must see to find at least some positives .. even if they are just small :redface:

Hm .. what i just don't find .. is there a way to automatically subscripe to threads where you have posted ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • spiritbrandspiritbrand Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

Signatur :
    You must upload the Picture first, external Signatures don't work. The pro at least is that
    signature-pictures from slow or down sides don't slow down loading.

Hey .. we must see to find at least some positives .. even if they are just small :redface:

Hm .. what i just don't find .. is there a way to automatically subscripe to threads where you have posted ?

You rock. Thank you. Any way to show more posts per page or to auto-subscribe to threads you post in?
    But now you can leave comments on Release Notes. Shudder to think what will be posted.
    Oh, reading it will be epic. I'm really excited with this new feature. :biggrin:
  • craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I miss the heroes page, it was fun to see other's heroes.
    This is uglier than a 1990 Angelfire page, forget about "Geocities"... My god.:eek:
  • soulgem11soulgem11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So perfect world...

You guys apparently managed to merge the co website with your own ( which was unecessary in the first place.) But now I can't seem to find a couple of very simple features that cryptic had implemented quite a while ago...

1. You used to be able to see which of your friends is online on the main page - where did that feature go?

2. Also when you clicked on a name in said list you used to be able to see the characters bio he/she plays with. There was a similiar feature for your own characters aswell - Too technical? Couldn't your 1990's geocities homepage handle that anymore?

Have these features seriously been removed just to make space for a ****ty facebook tracker with faces of strangers or what?

Yeah wth perfect world? You guys in a nut shell totally screwed up the website. No more friend list, some stupid facebook link instead; to hell with facebook. People on that site just like random junk, no one actually cares about CO. My cryptic account is now a perfect world account so all of my mail, alerts, so on are gone. Like it was first said, no mail viewer on the website? The worst thing of all though? Where is the cryptic team? No responses on the forums, the game is getting worse and is copying other games more and more, creativity in new content is nil. Finally whats up with these advertisements? You guys might have increased cash flow but the heart of the game and what made it great is now ground into the dirt.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Y'know, soulgem, before panicking about the Cryptic folks you might want to take a peek up there in the Super News Network - Stormy posted quite a bit before his end-of-day (it's quarter to eight in the evening Pacific time just now, so probably no more info tonight...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That was gone ages ago from STO's site, even before the changeover. I used to use CO's tracker to see which of my friends were online. That function will be sorely missed (along with the report post and ignore functions from the forums).
  • khadharkhadhar Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just wanna switch out that Necrull picture at the top of my page... He's giving me the creepeh stare. D:
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • queenchangelingqueenchangeling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »

Thank you.

Can't get my old tag back but that's just as well, it wasn't that great of one.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Ah, yes. Lack of report post and ignore user functions is really retarded.
    These are the most basic features on any normal forum.
    PWE much? :rolleyes:
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have they said if (or when) we'll be getting the character profiles page back?

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have they said if (or when) we'll be getting the character profiles page back?

They have never ever answered to any post about that the page was broken for a lot of people
    for about a year now .. so do you think they will now suddenly have capable web-programmers
    that can include it here ? Best hope can really only be that PWE gives some of their programmers
    but i wouldn't hope for that :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Forum options missing from User CP:

Display signatures on/off
    Posts per page
    Default forum sort options
    The ability to collapse forum sections (ie. PTS, Tech/Bugs, etc.)
    Date & Time options
    Ignore list

And probably a ton of other stuff I'm just used to having access to.
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, I think I'll make a thread with those two to save peeps a lot of time:

Profile options edition (including timezones, posts-per-page, etc.)

edited July 2012
    Ok, I think I'll make a thread with those two to save peeps a lot of time:

Profile options edition (including timezones, posts-per-page, etc.)

And if you don't mind, I'll steal your finely-crafted links and make a sig out of 'em!

(If you do mind, of course, just let me know and I'll stop...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• fortysixntwofortysixntwo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How did you get your custom avatars back D: I'm not Sapphire I'm Agent 404!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lol! As if XD
    (I'm not even the one who found out, I'd have a very hard time saying you can't XD)
    Go ahead, spread'em, at least players are making things known, you know, documenting stuf... XD

edited July 2012
    Lol! As if XD
    (I'm not even the one who found out, I'd have a very hard time saying you can't XD)
    Go ahead, spread'em, at least players are making things known, you know, documenting stuf... XD

Yeah, kind of like the CO-Wiki, which doesn't even get a helping hand from the company itself. :rolleyes:

Well, as long as somebody's doing documentation, I guess...

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lol! As if XD

I personally just tried what the STO CM Brandon posted for editing custom Avatars, only
    changing the forum address of course, and it worked. However when i wanted to post
    that here, there was already a thread about that :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • wpsentinelwpsentinel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm sorely missing the friends online bit on the CO front page. Seriously, that needs to come back ASAP.