test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Un)breakable

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Power Discussion
So..

With all the damage boosts you added you didn't boost unbreakable. The active is useless in PvP and NEARLY useless in PvE.

Please update it.

Thank you
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I haven't noticed the AD being any less effective in PvE. U haz numberz?
    edited June 2012
    Resurgence and Masterful Dodge tend to be the only Active Defenses I rely on. Mostly Resurgence. A huge heal to effectively reset your health bar is never useless. Unbreakable only seems useful to me against stuff I wouldn't need it to survive anyway.
    edited June 2012
    it will protect you up to the shield's cap, this applies for both pve and pvp. it's not new you can break it, or rather it can be broken.

they won't change it.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=127092

is one of the reasons why....
    edited June 2012
    serju wrote:
    it will protect you up to the shield's cap, this applies for both pve and pvp. it's not new you can break it, or rather it can be broken.

Maybe they should just rename it to "Breakable" .. very easy and very cryptic like fix :p
    edited June 2012
    Helbjorn wrote:
    I haven't noticed the AD being any less effective in PvE. U haz numberz?

They boosted Critter Damage when releasing On Alert.

None of these changes exist in a bubble.. if you change one side of the equation you need to make relevant changes on the other side to balance.

I'm not upset that unbreakable is breakable, but the damage the power can take needs to be increased.
    edited June 2012
    Of course they also should then maybe fix the bubbles, since they also haven't change i think, and they still
    take damage before mitigation, so even our higher mitigation now won't help there.

The correct fix however would be that bubbles also work after mitigation ..
    edited June 2012
    Perhaps the developers felt it was working too well before On Alert. As I said, I've noticed no significant deterioration in the power's effectiveness. I've yet to notice it drop prematurely while using it on Elite content.
    edited June 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Of course they also should then maybe fix the bubbles, since they also haven't change i think, and they still
    take damage before mitigation, so even our higher mitigation now won't help there.

The correct fix however would be that bubbles also work after mitigation ..

Bubbles were already boosted with stat and compassion toggle.

I personally think bubbles should remain before mitigation.. but that's just me.. they can be perma recast so..
    edited June 2012
    You can lower cooldown more/easier then before?
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    So..

With all the damage boosts you added you didn't boost unbreakable. The passive is useless in PvP and NEARLY useless in PvE.

Please update it.

Thank you

I have also noticed this...my behemoth Black Diamond, relies on Unbreakable for not only PvP purposes but for RP and PvE.

The effectiveness of the power seems to have been reduced so much it's unreal! Before On Alert it would be mainly DPS who could get past unbreakable if I let them have a chance but now even other tanks can get past my Unbreakable (Rank 3) I was fighting a tank quite recently and I put on Unbreakable and I was still taking damage even when I blocked and stopped attacking, 2 spammed room sweepers and Unbreakable was well...broken. Invuln may have also been slightly nerfed I have noticed recently that it is letting though alot more damage, more frequently than before. I realise that some specs and powers allow players to bypass defenses but seeing a player take almost 2k dmg from a brick buster with unbreakable and Invuln on a lvl 40 Freeform tank...is a bit worrying.

I think the time it takes to recharge is ok for now, I mean in most fights after using unbreakable and after it snaps like a dried out twig, I can continue for a while and then realise that it had recharged ages back. But if it is going to remain in it's almost PFF like state it needs to have a lower recharge time.

It definately needs to absorb alot more damage than it currently does, I'm not sure what it scales with though....if I knew I'd capatalise on that stat :p
    edited June 2012
    The absorption amount should be increased plus get some kind of % damage resistance to boot in case it's not enough.
    edited June 2012
    If attack with unbreakable on think its duration gets reduced its effectiness. Cant remember its description. Still useful to me. I like to use it on powers that cant be used during combat. Namely those with if you take damage it cancels powers. Conviction doesnt work with it i belive.
    edited July 2012
    Lazirul wrote:
    If attack with unbreakable on think its duration gets reduced its effectiness. Cant remember its description. Still useful to me. I like to use it on powers that cant be used during combat. Namely those with if you take damage it cancels powers. Conviction doesnt work with it i belive.

I believe if you start attacking, then its "refresh" either stops or slows down.

The benefit that Unbreakable has is that, while it's overall mitigation cap is lower than Field Surge and the like, it keeps refreshing. So if you keep getting hit for like 200dmg it will refresh and thus not drop after 6-9 hits like Field Surge would after it's "cap" was hit.

However if you start attacking, then it will (at least) slow down the refresh so that low mitigation cap crashes quicker.