test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things That Would Be Nice For RPers

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
The topic came up recently on what I think would serve RPers best in the game. It seems like a good time to talk about it, so I'm going to give my own spin on this topic; other RPers will have different points of view (or disagree empathetically).

As certain people have stated that any work on the game to specifically benefit RPers would be a disaster, I've ranked these, like hurricanes, from Category 1-5. :)

CATEGORY ONE: First, things that would (probably) take minimal (IMO) time. As highly as I think of RP, I don't think it warrants a lot of time taken away from the rest of the production of the game, and I'll try to be practical with my suggestions:

1. Existing Unused emotes. Actually, by these I mean old emotes, the ones that are in-game, such as the ones you get from reading certain books, and (presumably) those used in cutscenes that are not available in game. They include hands on hips, arms crossed, lean to look, lean with hands on hips. Look at the ones in this thread.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=120313

This also would have a spin off effect: more emotes also allow comic creators and video makers to tell more expressive stories. These can then disseminate outside the CO community and draw new blood.

Also, please try to get back the emotes that were pulled from this game two years ago. Please talk to the Star Trek team and see if they will give us back the formal bow and the air guitar.

2. Existing RP Sets. Please note that, for the most part, these are NOT social instances. We have enough of those (though a few which could double as social instances or Alert backdrops would be okay.)

RP sets are, I hope, a pretty easy concept to understand. Let's say I'm running the Circle of Justice through an adventure. I could completely do it as a game of let's pretend: but the advantages of havings location that I can use, like a movie set, save me a lot of time in stating descriptions and "show not tell" is an essential ingredient of good storytelling. Therefore, the more and varied sets I have, the wider the varieties of stories I can tell.

There are locations that would make for good RP sets that would not require new artwork. These include: the old crafting locations, WCOC, Harmon Industries, the Crimson Lounge in VB, the Mansion in VB, Sweetlands in VB, the Argent Hunting Lodge on MI would all fit the bill, as would a few others. It's less important to have the Bank and the Museum (given their presence in Grab Alerts), however even these would be useful given the 5-man team limit. I regularly RP with groups of 8-12, and have had a couple of runs wtth 40+ players. Accomodating at least up to 10 players is important to me.

My suggestion, after having dealt with folks who got confused about Carl's when they enter the wrong instance trying to do the First Rule, is to make sure they're labelled either [RP] or [Social].

Don't expect Sets to be constantly populated, like a social instance. That's not their function. What they are is a convenient environment that a GM can launch and use for an adventure as needed.

Another possibility is to make empty instances available as a Hangout. (See below). If you do this, please leave the old Crafting locations as freebies: some people will complain at being forced to pay for what they had for free before.)

CATEGORY TWO. These would require new programming and interface design, but not a lot of new art.

1. Hideout Pop Limits. Increase the limits on characters allowed in Hideouts to 15 or 20 players. This allows for more party situations with larger sections of an SG or affiliation of SGs involved. Yes, that will make smaller hideouts like the cave and the basement ridiculously crowded. Unless there is a risk of increased crashing, let us worry about it.

2. PVP in Hideouts. Enable a Toggle option of PvP On/Off for Hideouts (and Hangouts, if you go in that direction). Believe it or not, RPers PVP too. Sometimes it's preferable to use PVP as a means to resolve conflict.

3. Rentals. This is the one which I expect people to shout NOOOO! on. Griefing is a real problem for RPers. Is it because they're drama queens who blow up when something doesn't go their way? Well, a few of them are, however mostly it's common sense and courtesy. Don't disrupt other people's fun should be a reasonably easy social rule to follow. Naturally, in a consequences-free environment, some people will break the rules. I've seen one group that's specifically made it their mission to grief RPers and list it proudly on their bios.

Anyway, I proposed in another thread renting your own instances of the theater. This proposal had a mixed reaction, however I think it's a good idea to let players who are willing to pay real cash to hold events, such as a SG social or an RP wedding, have control over their environment. The theater was the only place I proposed for rental. however I imagine other instances could be made available. Or, you could just fold these into Hangouts.

The link is in my sig.

4. /Talk (soft). At least in social instances like Caprice, having a long range on the Local chat is irritating. I suggest a new Talk, like Local, but with 40-60% of the range.

CATEGORY THREE. requires some minor new art resources as well as some programming changes.

1. Hangouts. We've talked a lot about potential new Hideout types. What I'm suggesting here are personal instances that don't require much in the way of new art with limited flexibility (1-2 options) that people can buy for slightly less than the price of a hideout (perhaps 200 or 250 C-points, no more than half the price of a more functional hideout). They aren't living space, don't have useful functions, so they're hangouts instead of hideouts. Places where heroes go to relax and socialize beyond the pulse pounding sound of a club.

These mini-instances would about the size of one of our Alert exterior maps and be cleared of obstacles (ie. things that would attack the player). Suggested ones include:

(a) A cutaway section of Sakura Park (with gazebo or fountain or big cherry tree as the switchable option)
(b) A tropical beach front (with tiki bar, idol head, or giant bonfire as the switchable option).
(c) the Little Italy neighborhood (no switchable option, but include a person with a violin that you can instruct to play. Or a selection of graffiti or a mural on one of the walls.
(d) A Vibora Bay neighborhood. (Include a bit of park and maybe a cemetery) With a large cenotaph or a statue as the changeable option.

They could be accessable as additional options in the Hangout menu. Make sure if you do the fighting dojo, it's PVP enabled.

2. Variant Fonts. Suggested by Crosschan (thanks), this would give you the option to change the font in the text bubble to "Robot", "Demon", or "Divine". Having the text bubble last a little longer would be nice, unless I've missed a toggle in the interface for it.

CATEGORY FOUR. Requires a LOT of new art and a lot of resources. As such, I have less hope that these will be done, however if you can use these for more than just RP, these are options to look at.

1. New Emotes. I put together a list here. It's a lot, but it still just scratches the surface.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=141517

2. New Sets/Hangouts. These can and should be reused as interiors for mission chains. The most common ones I've heard that people want are:
(a) A hospital. Because in RP, heroes are always getting hurt.
(b) A schoolroom. There are quite a few RP groups who play at X-Men style high school college games, and a set for them would be good.
(c) A pizza joint. Because a good eating place with a working class atmosphere is desirable for street level types.
(d) A sports bar. This is mentioned less often than the others, but can serve as a social instance for those who are not likely to go to Caprice or Sherrera's. If you do this as a hangout, include several musical options (pop, classic rock, country and western, hip hop).
(e) Grand Cienelago Island. A tropical resort for supers. Perhaps unlock this one at the jet as a social instance when the player reaches L20.

3. SG HQs. Pretty much all SGs want a place of their own, but a customizable SG on which they can put their personal stamp is one of the big wants of an RP SG.

4. New Grab Alerts. Contrary to popular belief, RP doesn't just go on in Caprice, and some people want to do more than the social side of being a superhero. Grab alerts are a great vehicle into which to take an five player RP team and RP a short adventure. Adding new Grabs with new villains will only increase the RP possibilities. And don't forget nemeses.

5. New Content. As above. The more new content you introduce into the game, the more fresh RP experiences that the players have to connect with. Additionally, any major new elements that you introduce in RP: the Qlipthothic, Multifaria the Roin'esh, gets introduced into people's RP, so you really feed the players' imaginations by bringing them new concepts that are imaginatively packaged.

6. New Nemesis Missions. As above, but I'm going to mark this one for special emphasis. The nemesis special missions like "Bunker Buster" and "All That Glitters" are enormously popular to RP, as are some of the UNITY special assignments (Cazulon being people's favorite by far). More missions like these would be greatly appreciated, as well as an expansion of the Nemesis system in general. The more responsive you can make it to player choice in theme, costume, power selection, and minions, the better.

CATEGORY FIVE. Our final category:

1. The Foundry. An easy to use, powerful adventure creation system is the holy grail. I'll have a lot more to say if it looks like we'll ever get there.

Anyhow, i hope some of these are practical and can be done with little to no dent in short to medium term schedules. Thanks for listening.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thundrax, you never fail to impress with these. I support all of these 110%

/signed with blood, insert soul here, offer up first born child, etc.
    edited May 2012
    Some really good ideas.
    The suggested emote list link though doesn't seem to be working.
    edited May 2012
    Some really good ideas.
    The suggested emote list link though doesn't seem to be working.

Should be fixed now.
    edited May 2012
    I like! I'm not a big RPer but these enhancements would rock!
    edited May 2012
    As stated previously (*wink*), in the new sets / hangouts section:
    • More sunny / bright locations
      All heroes aren't the dark brooding type...
      Though it seems highly common
    • A shopping mall (inside / outside)
      VB's mall is super nice... but daaaaark
      Like the new Poho's tailor shop
      Say 3-4 shops like that, with themes: Comic Book store, clothes, restaurant...
      You get my drift
    • A beach (either solitary island or resort)
      Monster Island is cool... but critters are annoying and it rains often.
      Sometimes water
      Sometimes molten rocks
      Way to get a tan... Instantly, and permanently...
    • Underwater dome / aquarium
      Lemuria and underwater stuff don't get enough love
      With fishes / shark moving around
      (Careful that they don't start floating around mid-air like in the Loft :-p)

Also, on top of those, a few things for existing hideouts:
    • Accessories.
      Hi-fi sets, record players, movie projectors, etc...
      Penthouse example: I live in a big badass penthouse
      But... no TV, no radio, no sound but the honking cars waaaaay below in the street...
      Meanwhile, that crappy student-hero, in her mom's basement has: TV set, audio big fat set, movie projector, arcade video-game...
      What the heck???
    • Related to the previous point: the ability to play music
      Hideouts are too silent!
      I mean, it's ok, or great to have sound effects, but music, people, music!
      No need for a 2000 titles playlist, nor a custom one
      But a choice inside a couple of themes would be great (Jazz, electro, rock, ...)
      Music is a huuuuge part of what makes up an ambiance
      RP is all about that ambiance and setup

From the top of my head.
    More would be coming with precise questions. ^_^

Bold for super emphasis on a huge personal need.
    edited May 2012
    good call Thundrax!

seriously want SG Bases!
    edited May 2012
    double post,ah well, in that case, and the air guitar emote!
    edited May 2012
    I'm not sure I like the idea of more private instances like Hangouts, but I like the rest of the suggestions.
    edited May 2012
    I endorse this. All of it. Though I do share Sek's concerns about people squirreling themselves away too much. Still like the idea immensely, that caveat aside.
    edited May 2012
    What's this?
    A wall of text from Thundrax?
    Ah, it's Thundrax, i'll read it later, and /sign it now... :o

...Just kidding :D

Nice ideas's T! ;)
    edited May 2012
    Ah, it's Thundrax, i'll read it later, and /sign it now... :o

...Just kidding :D
    Really?
    Cause 95% of the time, it's so close to the truth...
    Both for him, and previously Liaden...
    I don't need to read to know the ideas, and lore knowledge are great.
    edited May 2012
    /signed....
    edited May 2012
    There's even the formal martial arts bow in the new emote list.

/signed.
    edited May 2012
    Without a shadow of a doubt my number one wishlist RP / IC feature would actually be a GUI-based feature;
    A start-chat indicator or customisable script-line.

Too many times I've walked away from a conversation with a player when I thought they had finished talking, only to find they were actually taking a long-time to type yet more. This could be easily fixed by having an optional chat-in-progress icon visible, whether it be just a start-chat icon or the more ambitious (and RP-useful) customisable scripted line of script bubble.
    For example in CoH my magic-based gargoyle earth-storm controller had "Silence Mortal!, the Gargoyle is chanting!" and it popped up whenever I hit enter to talk and whatever channel I was talking in, other players knew I was about to communicate when it popped up and was not just standing there AFK.

In Champions-Online there is no indication the person who has just run up to you toe-to-toe is actually typing something or is just checking out your costume only to run off without a word.
    In short it would improve communication, not only when two RP'ers are talking in a team / supergroup channel and everyone can see they are talking to one another, but also in local with the forementioned example.
    So yeah, 3.5 years in it would be great to finally get that kind of visual aid and indicator in-game.

........................................................................................

Emotes are great fun, but they are often not used because setting up key macros are way more troublesome and tempermental (oft breaking) than they were in CoH.
    I suggest another GUI-feature of a nine or twelve squared (or more? expandable/collapsible) emote button cluster that could be dragged to feature anywhere on your screen (like the rest of the GUI), and right-clicking on a button or via an edit-button would bring up a box to specify what channel you would like to broadcast in (colour-coded), what emote you would like it linked to, and what you would like to say.
    This Macro button cluster once set, whether duelling, teaming or just RP'ing away, you would click one of the squares to trigger the phrase and emote.
    I guarantee you, if this was developed, the chat in-game would literally explode in flavour from a visual standpoint as players extended their toon's flavour to encompass their Champion's signature phrases and witty banter in a far more spontaneous manner.
    In-combat quips are a signature and defining part of comic-book culture with Spidey probably being the most recognisable for it. Who want to scroll and navigate picking out an emote when the moment is fleeting and a lot of RP is based on reacting fast and with timing?. Macro button cluster please!.

......................................................................................

Enviromentally with regards to penthouses / future supergroup bases;
    A hero-signal of sorts (think; bat-signal) to be triggered and seen from your penthouse. The end-elipse sillouetted icon of the spotlight (eminating from a searchlight on the rooftop of City hall) would work off of the current icons from the costume creator enabling players to truely feel like their character is being called on for help.

Butlers for our hideouts / supergroup bases.
    Holo-projected butler (from room ceiling corner projector) - Actual physical humanoid - Beastial (manimal) - Supernatural (demon in a tux) - Robotic.
    edited May 2012
    The suggestion i made here http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147305 for a set of theme-based 'mini-zones' using a time-travel mission excuse might fit well with these ideas.
    edited May 2012
    Support all these ideas, specially emotes, foundry, new hideouts and hangouts.
    I add the costume change emotes ( I miss them so much )==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIC4QdnAkI
    Cryptic please consider the rp community !
    edited May 2012
    Nice post. All of the ideas are viable and don't involve power bloat.

You got my vote.
    edited May 2012
    I'm not HUGE into actual RP in MMOs... it has always felt a little clunky, especially with my slow typing speed, but I would love to see all these implemented.

I would really like some of those costume change animations as well.
    edited May 2012
    Support this thread. I don't RP myself but I have seen the griefing first hand all too many times. This game is first and foremost a toy. Something to do for fun. Anything that increases the fun factor for anyone has my vote.
    edited May 2012
    As usual, the Thundrax is wise.
    edited May 2012
    Nivji wrote:
    I add the costume change emotes ( I miss them so much )==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIC4QdnAkI

Okay, those were pretty friggan awesome. :D I personaly make use of powers like Smoke Bomb and Ego Surge to emulate effects like those. If Cryptic put soe emotes like that in the C-Store I bet they'ld sell like hotcakes. Star Trek had some emotes in the C-Store so there's some presidence for the sell of emotes.
    edited May 2012
    Hmm... power-emotes. An emote for 'showing off' for each powerset that uses some of the visual effects of the power.

That could be very cool and add in well with the rest of these ideas.
    edited May 2012
    Hmm... power-emotes. An emote for 'showing off' for each powerset that uses some of the visual effects of the power.

That could be very cool and add in well with the rest of these ideas.

There used to be a PnP game ( it may have even been Champions) that had what was called a Presence attack. Where the hero would try to cow the henchmen by his shear menacing presence and awesome sauceness.

A power-emote would be a cool attack. If nothing else but for a dramatic entrance! Like when you burst through the door of the dirty bomb nemesis mission.

:)

On a side note. Personalized theme or fanfare music?? nah... that would be asking too much... :(
    edited May 2012
    Great ideas.

But can these be worked on after we've gotten new content and/or the foundryi into this game?
    edited May 2012
    /signed for great justice and puppies!!!
    edited May 2012
    Darq_Aura wrote:
    Great ideas.

But can these be worked on after we've gotten new content and/or the foundryi into this game?

A lot of the list aren't timehogs -- for instance, when asked about RP instances/sets in the last Ask Cryptic, Robobo said:

"Q: Any chance we can get an open instance of WCOC so RPers can use it as an RP set, do interviews, work as newsjournalists in their secret IDs, etc. How hard would it be to create such an instance from a time and programming standpoint?
    "A: There is a good chance we can make this happen. It isn't hard but it needs to be scheduled."

The big time issues would be the ones under Category Four, such as new sets/hangouts, new emotes, and SG bases. Those would be schedule eaters. On the other hand, I suspect they'd appeal to a larger portion of the player base than just RPers.

Also, both new Content and the Foundry are on the list, so that's already covered. :D
    edited May 2012
    How can they justify not making available emotes that are at stake and demanded for so long by the players. It would take very little programing. I remember the event on April 1 2011 with the Foxbat, he had dozen of cool emotes (even lean the wall ....)
    At worst put packs of emotes on the c-store.
    About the foxbat emotes( http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=127484 ):
    4/2/11 Tiyshen (Cryptic Studios Team)
    "...... adding it to my daily report to send to the Devs"
    Still waiting :/
    edited May 2012
    Also mumsie, lots of nice things in your post.

I was wondering about the feasibility of a Macro bar (to play macros) and a Make Macro feature which allowed you to scroll down lists of Powers, Emotes, Text, Sound Effects/Musical Tags, and Costumes and allowed you to easiy create them for costume transformations and signature attacks.
    edited May 2012
    Thundrax for Prime Minister.

Of Mullets and AWESOME.
    edited May 2012
    Additionally, social areas like said resturant / mall complexes would make for a VERY nice Alert map.

It's no accident that such scenes occur in Marvel Comics, as a for instance. A good public battle - with the concerned/worried public nearby - seems to be a constant in most superheroic media.

We really should be no different in that.
    edited May 2012
    Additionally, social areas like said resturant / mall complexes would make for a VERY nice Alert map.

It's no accident that such scenes occur in Marvel Comics, as a for instance. A good public battle - with the concerned/worried public nearby - seems to be a constant in most superheroic media.

We really should be no different in that.

I'd love to see a battle in a packed restaurant, in a hospital ward, in a busy town square. With innocent civilians diving for cover and cowering as we try and take the villain down.

Add the chance to accidentally hurt civilians with area effect attacks and a degree of success based how few civilians got injured and it'd be brilliant. Forcing people to focus on direct attacks and changing up their regular tactics.

Great particularly for a raging bestial enemy rather than a mastermind criminal.

Hmm a protect the injured criminal in hospital from being 'silenced' would be awesome.
    edited May 2012
    Add the chance to accidentally hurt civilians with area effect attacks and a degree of success based how few civilians got injured and it'd be brilliant. Forcing people to focus on direct attacks and changing up their regular tactics.

No. That would completely neuter some characters and specs and be contrary to the design of the rest of the game.
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing the fonts above all else, Problem is, some people are going to think particular fonts are annoying. Like how you don't use comic sans on a business manuscript.

Still, I like all the suggestions.
    edited May 2012
    Nivji wrote:
    Those were awesome, I'd love to see something like that added to Champions.
    No. That would completely neuter some characters and specs and be contrary to the design of the rest of the game.
    Considering there's already a mission where you get bonus for not harming any of the civilians (and you only actually have to save 2/3 of them), it's not really contrary to the rest of the game.

And yes, it does make it annoying for the AE heavy builds. My Dual blade can't even use her energy builder and I can't block the civilians because of the attack back.

On the original topic, maybe I missed it, but what about a toggle to enable secret identity mode?
    Meaning if you have a secret identity set up (with an associated costume slot, maybe one limited to "normal"* clothing so it's not used for just another super suit*) if you toggle secret identity mode on, your displayed name is now your secret ID name, you don't get approached by civilians thanking you for beating up Psimon, or whomever, and you look normal (maybe even a different/separate description?).

*Even if you're RPing an alien or demon or something, the Secret ID costume would be for when you're passing yourself off as human.
    **and if you want more than one secret ID outfit then you use your own costume slots, with some marker to allow them to be used when in secret ID mode as long as it uses only "normal"*** clothing.
    ***And yes, I understand there's going to be massive debate on what constitutes normal for clothes.
    edited May 2012
    A couple of other things:

I always seem to just need a little more space to finish my paragraphs. I don't want to encourage Wall of Text syndrome, however, it'd be nice to have room for another 20 characters or so.

Simiarly, it wouldn't hurt bios if we had 50-100 more characters worth of room. Having some sort of code that would allow us to be able to click on links and go to an external site like PDB would be fantastic, however I can understand why Cryptic would hesitate to add this feature, given how it might be abused.
    edited May 2012
    Snip:
    On the original topic, maybe I missed it, but what about a toggle to enable secret identity mode?
    Meaning if you have a secret identity set up (with an associated costume slot, maybe one limited to "normal"* clothing so it's not used for just another super suit*) if you toggle secret identity mode on, your displayed name is now your secret ID name, you don't get approached by civilians thanking you for beating up Psimon, or whomever, and you look normal (maybe even a different/separate description?).

*Even if you're RPing an alien or demon or something, the Secret ID costume would be for when you're passing yourself off as human.
    **and if you want more than one secret ID outfit then you use your own costume slots, with some marker to allow them to be used when in secret ID mode as long as it uses only "normal"*** clothing.
    ***And yes, I understand there's going to be massive debate on what constitutes normal for clothes.

That would be excellent! My main character has no secret identity being one of those heroes publicly known. However i have some that do such as Professor Anthead and others that could work with one such as Moon Unit.

/signed. I'd love having the option of a functioning secret identity!
    edited May 2012
    IAdd the chance to accidentally hurt civilians with area effect attacks and a degree of success based how few civilians got injured and it'd be brilliant. Forcing people to focus on direct attacks and changing up their regular tactics.

That would be so abused by some types of individuals. And it would jeopardize the games rating. That's a primary reason that civilians in the game as invulnerable and not able to e fired upon by player.
    edited May 2012
    Mega-sign.

No, Giga-sign.

Google-Sign?

Whatever, I sign.
    edited May 2012
    Lots of really great ideas! However, I still desperately want COSTUME CHANGE/TRANSFORMATION EMOTES! With just about all of my characters having 6 to 8 costume slots already, it only seems natural. This would also apply to changing between builds as well. C'mon, devs! We KNOW you can do it, you did it in that other superhero game!
    edited May 2012
    I'm very much in favor of the original post in this thread.

Hangouts in particular seem a great tool in allowing folks to tell their own stories and for me.. that is the draw of Champions Online.

A variety of small to medium sized "sets" that allow more than 5 people, allow PvP and the usage of powers, and are free of unwanted interference would go a LONG way enhanding the RP experience in CO.
    edited May 2012
    Lots of really great ideas! However, I still desperately want COSTUME CHANGE/TRANSFORMATION EMOTES! With just about all of my characters having 6 to 8 costume slots already, it only seems natural. This would also apply to changing between builds as well. C'mon, devs! We KNOW you can do it, you did it in that other superhero game!
    We need them and much more emotes/standing.
    *Radio alert* DEVS where are you, can you answer our call ?
    edited May 2012
    Maybe we should manifest in front of the cryptic building in downtown ?
    (sorry for the double post)
    edited May 2012
    The twin-building opposite Cryptics office downtown (on the same plot) should be retrofitted into the Millennium City Free Press.
    Assets like a news-crew, cameras, rooftop helicopter etc are already in-game, but a building sign could be made for the main entrance.
    It could be an events location with protests outside occasionally, perhaps a press-contact via Nemesis system update if that is ever attempted.
    edited May 2012
    The twin-building opposite Cryptics office downtown (on the same plot) should be retrofitted into the Millennium City Free Press.
    Assets like a news-crew, cameras, rooftop helicopter etc are already in-game, but a building sign could be made for the main entrance.
    It could be an events location with protests outside occasionally, perhaps a press-contact via Nemesis system update if that is ever attempted.

Heh. That could be fun. I'd still love a mission series where the hero gets framed and Curt Curruthers and Sherman Adair do their damndest to make Our Hero public enemy #1.
    edited May 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    Heh. That could be fun. I'd still love a mission series where the hero gets framed and Curt Curruthers and Sherman Adair do their damndest to make Our Hero public enemy #1.

It's a classic comic story notion and one that would be lots of fun to play.
    edited July 2012
    Okay. This post probably won't be seen by anyone at Cryptic, but here's one last suggestion before the boards go dark.

How about a weekly IC run by someone at Cryptic, using a *name* character (the Champions, Black Mask, Caliburn, etc.) of one piece of major game content (an AP, comic series, lair, or crisis)? Preferably a content designer, someone who has a feel for storytelling and characterization. Let a few lucky players run next to a signature character, and bring it to life -- this may also stir some of the creative juices in the design staff.

You might also want to see if you can squeeze a couple more players into the team on these runs, if the dev side of the engine allows that.
    edited July 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    Okay. This post probably won't be seen by anyone at Cryptic, but here's one last suggestion before the boards go dark.

How about a weekly IC run by someone at Cryptic, using a *name* character (the Champions, Black Mask, Caliburn, etc.) of one piece of major game content (an AP, comic series, lair, or crisis)? Preferably a content designer, someone who has a feel for storytelling and characterization. Let a few lucky players run next to a signature character, and bring it to life -- this may also stir some of the creative juices in the design staff.

You might also want to see if you can squeeze a couple more players into the team on these runs, if the dev side of the engine allows that.

Heck Yeah!

Thundrax I am so jealous of your imagination!

*** now where is my toon that has the brain transfer device? And how can I sneak up on Thundrax ***
    edited July 2012
    Thundrax wrote:

One of the most awesome ideas I saw this year. :D Just great, Thundrax!

Devs! Make it happen! \o/

Edit: Makes me think. It would be extremely funny if Defender in City Center got replaces with a dev (maybe without people noticing), and then suddenly out of the blue this Defender walks off. ...to fight Dr. Destroyer (another dev) who appears at the same time in the middle of City Center asking for a worthy contestant. Epic battle ahead! Then Defender asks all present players to join him in the fight (maybe because Dr. Destroyer's henchmen (bots, maybe each players' nemesis or whatever) arrived.)
    And yet, this all could be done by bots as well but I think using real people for Defender and Dr. Destroyer is 1. easier since no programming for movement, attacks and speech is required, and 2. it is more fun for everyone this way. :D
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited July 2012
    Rentals.

No thats only dividing the community even more..

there is already much hate between silvers and gold member

freeform and archtype

rper and non rper...

please dont add more reasons to hate on other peoples...