test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO Wiki

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Is this still a good source of information?

Is it still being updated regularly?

I've noticed it has nothing on the new spec system and some of the Might powers are not up to date...so I didn't know if there is a better place to find this information or not.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its still an epic source for info dont know how Lohr and her buddies pull it off with what little info Cryptic give them these days but they do and all the power to them for it.
    edited June 2012
    It's still the most reliable place for info, but there's only so much Lohr can do. It's not endorsed by Cryptic or PWE and they provide absolutely no assistance with it. Says something about how invested they are in their client base too ;)
    edited June 2012
    Is this still a good source of information?...
    It's the ONLY source for Co Info. :rolleyes:
    But yes, it's still valid.
    Lohr has been compiling stuff, but the links might not be up in the right places yet.
    edited June 2012
    Is this still a good source of information?

Is it still being updated regularly?

I've noticed it has nothing on the new spec system and some of the Might powers are not up to date...so I didn't know if there is a better place to find this information or not.

Yes, things take time. and if you just dig hard enough, you could find something that we just haven't made public yet.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Specialization_Tree

*We're still reviewing everything so if there is discrepancies, its due to changes after the initial drafting.

It's there, it just hasn't been pushed forward as other parts are still in review. It's a big change On Alert did and everyone who has volunteered for the task is doing what they can to get it all squared off.

Something to keep in mind is that everyone is basically racing to catch up at the same pace people are digesting the new content, so things there maybe a day or a week where we are likely to be behind in regards to new content.

We're basically equivalent to investigative reporters/archivists in that we can respond to changes and have to wait for the press releases like everyone else with little to no "inside" information.

Lohr can elaborate or supersede any of the above statements at her discretion as the supervising body of the wiki.
    edited June 2012
    Yes, things take time. and if you just dig hard enough, you could find something that we just haven't made public yet.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Specialization_Tree

*We're still reviewing everything so if there is discrepancies, its due to changes after the initial drafting.

It's there, it just hasn't been pushed forward as other parts are still in review. It's a big change On Alert did and everyone who has volunteered for the task is doing what they can to get it all squared off.

Something to keep in mind is that everyone is basically racing to catch up at the same pace people are digesting the new content, so things there maybe a day or a week where we are likely to be behind in regards to new content.

It's a small but important step on the way to get things back to normal in CO. If only Cryptic was as dedicated to this as you are. -.-
    edited June 2012
    I personally don't do the power changes, so I will have to talk to Kror about that.

I am still struggling with figuring out a better way to display the spec tree stuff.

But its up-to-date on all other aspects.
    edited June 2012
    Because Mistress Lohr IS the Wiki Goddess. More power to her and those who assist her.

And vile curses upon those who impede her tasks... including the sum*****es who won't even WRITE A MANUAL FOR THEIR OWN G0DDAMNED GAME.
    edited June 2012
    ...And vile curses upon those who impede her tasks... including the sum*****es who won't even WRITE A MANUAL FOR THEIR OWN G0DDAMNED GAME.
    But they did write one! :eek:
    It came in the box i bought the disk in :p
    edited June 2012
    But they did write one! :eek:
    It came in the box i bought the disk in :p

It not very good mind .

I remember the days when a game manual was almost as epic as the game it game with. The Super Mario World manual springs to mind. Those were the days . Mortal Kombat 2011 came with a crappy little bit of paper *sigh* :/
    edited July 2012
    I think it is a good source of informatino only some of the time. Some stuff, like missions that are still in the game, is reliable, but other stuff is either missing or out of date. For example, entries on enemies that were "recently" added, like Karkaradons, lack images, while others have outdated images of enemies, like Dogz and Sovereign Sons (or maybe they look like that in areas of Vibora Bay that I haven't been to yet). Sadly the same issues are prevalent in entries of costume pieces, with recent costume pieces either lacking images or entries alltogether.
    edited July 2012
    MadDemon64 wrote:
    I think it is a good source of informatino only some of the time. Some stuff, like missions that are still in the game, is reliable, but other stuff is either missing or out of date. For example, entries on enemies that were "recently" added, like Karkaradons, lack images, while others have outdated images of enemies, like Dogz and Sovereign Sons (or maybe they look like that in areas of Vibora Bay that I haven't been to yet). Sadly the same issues are prevalent in entries of costume pieces, with recent costume pieces either lacking images or entries alltogether.

I'm sure if you contacted Lohr she would let you update these things I mean you are part of the community right.
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure if you contacted Lohr she would let you update these things I mean you are part of the community right.

Passive-aggressive recruitment campaigns never work.

Or do they?
    edited July 2012

No idea how to contact Lohr.
    edited July 2012
    MadDemon64 wrote:
    No idea how to contact Lohr.
    Well, you could do what everyone else does and send her a forum PM @Lohr ;)
    Or you could email her wiki: Lohr@champions-online-wiki.com :D
    edited July 2012
    You could send me a PM, that email address doesn't work anymore, not since the wiki got moved after f2p because of bandwidth issues.

As far as I know, the VB mobs are how they look in VB proper, not the early level 22 missions. Updating the character models is a time consuming process and I don't have as much patience for it.

I generally do nto update the costume pieces because A) Kaiserin does an excellent job of documenting them, B) there still isn't a static pose which again makes it a time consuming process.

And in all honesty, much of the core game stuff is up-to-date the rest is all nice to haves.
    edited July 2012
    Lohr wrote:
    And in all honesty, much of the core game stuff is up-to-date the rest is all nice to haves.

See what you did there.