Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120620.0

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Radia wrote:
    Observations in no particular order:
    • The particle effects in this encounter make it extremely difficult. Frozen Spire and Flame Prison are difficult to impossible to see for many players. Even with three players inside, none attacking, sometimes the Flame Prison cage does not appear. The first few attempts, we could not determine what was causing the Flame Prison detonations because they were entirely invisible. The combat log displayed damaged on the Frozen Spires, but not the Flame Prison.
    • This fight appears to be AoE unfriendly. Players using Skarn's Bane as their main attack may have been inadvertently triggering the invisible Flame Prisons on melee players. Power Armor tanks may also end up triggering Flame Prison on melee players.
    • Ice Cage and Frozen Spire graphics are identical. Other players have indicated the Flame Prison looks identical as well, but I've only been able to see the purple fire patch, even when I was the target.
    • Damage resistance on the villains are very high.
      X deals 890 (3449) Slashing Damage to Karina Blaze with Massacre.
      X deals 600 (2851) Crushing Damage to Freon II with Cleave.

More as combat logs are reviewed.

Same thing on my side of the PC too, the effects are almost nonexistant.

footage to be added soon (we hope)
    edited June 2012
    riggsmax wrote:
    Release Notes: May 10, 2012
    Content:

Bosses: Bosses (Super Villains and up) now drop "Box of Questionite!" Which will give you up to 1500 Questionite ore when you open it!

So...now the bug is NOT that most Alert bosses did NOT drop Q boxes at all, like 0% drop rate - but that ALL bosses are supposed to be 0% as well? Because the above statement sounds pretty much like all bosses are supposed to be 100% drop rate.

Not - Bosses sometimes drop Q boxes - Bosses drop boxes. Period.

Did the May 10 release notes get put in by someone who is not actually working on the game then?
    Not a clue, but the SV's i kill in UNITY and UNITY2 missions NEVER drop Q boxes :(

Don't you know that BOSS always means just Bosses from APs or CSs ? How can you really think
    anybody else would give you Q-Boxes :rolleyes:

BUG :
    You can't load Costumes when creating your very first Nemesis, before the bug was longtime
    that only unlocked items were not loaded, now you can't load anything at all.
    edited June 2012
    Now lets see trying to rember other bugs i can post here..
    edited June 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Don't you know that BOSS always means just Bosses from APs or CSs?
    How can you really think anybody else would give you Q-Boxes?
    Because that's not what they said :confused:

(obviously my sarcasm translated about as well as their meaning did :rolleyes: )

I was trying to make a point that they SHOULD put Q boxes on ALL SV's ;)
    edited June 2012
    Because that's not what they said :confused:

(obviously my sarcasm translated about as well as their meaning did :rolleyes: )

I was trying to make a point that they SHOULD put Q boxes on ALL SV's ;)

I know i know .. i also hoped that there are other ways to get some Q .. but Cryptic just seems to want us
    only Alerts, CSs or APs .. and the Boss thing again has proven that :rolleyes:

Also i noted that earlier in this thread here :
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=2108898&postcount=39
    edited June 2012
    Well the only other bugs i rember are a few of the costume unlocks and such
    edited June 2012
    StormShade wrote:
    Folks,

Please remember that the PTS Forums exist so that you can provide feedback on gameplay, and help the Development and QA Teams prevent bugs from going to Live.

Cause this always works like its supposed to. We find bugs, we report them, we are ignored.
    edited June 2012
    Also on the test server you need to make some ques not have a big group i know the ten mans you need a big group..But not for something like lamuria..if you really want us to test alot of this stuff we need the ability to
    edited June 2012
    Lohr wrote:
    Cause this always works like its supposed to. We find bugs, we report them, we are ignored.

I think he was making a joke, or perhaps being sarcastic.
    edited June 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:
    I think he was making a joke, or perhaps being sarcastic.
    /sarcasm requires effort :D
    Effort requires caring ;)
    edited June 2012
    I will be on the PTS starting at 5PM today to gather feedback and information about the new boss fight! join in and see if we cant down them!
    edited June 2012
    Also bug fixes crush bug fixes pweese *Puppy eyes* Sorry i had to
    edited June 2012
    Honestly, after this update, please take a month and do bugfix work cryptic.
    edited June 2012
    I do agree wtih you on that
    edited June 2012
    Freon2?! Really? That's the name change? How about Blaze and Chill?
    edited June 2012
    Buxom wrote:
    How about Blaze and Chill?

I'd love to!

*Turns on Tim and Eric*
    edited June 2012
    Yay I got to fight the new 10 man alert... And in company of a dev!
    Pah not much of a dev (he didn't have god mode or nuffingk)... thinks.... coulda used godmode.
    Suffice it to say the two efforts that were made by available players (whilst I was there) were technically less than successful.
    As a non number crunching duffer sort of player I can only conclusively say that the damage resistance of Karina Blaze is epic. I was seeing numbers between 130 and 300? coming from my Sword Cyclone. Shrugs.. wrong attack maybe didn't think to check figs on Reapers Embrace.
    Maybe there is a way to weaken her defence by doing something clever and just coz I don't know it or didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't blindingly obvious.
    Gonna wait for the tactical guide on forums (oh wait hang on!) at this point in time assuming you can get enough good players (solo Teleiosaur types) together who don't die much it's gonna take half an hour or so to do this. As far as I can tell.
    I like the idea of two instead of one villain - I think it will add to difficulty by mulitplying potential threats to tanks. I figure that if Teleiosaur was divvied into two littler teleios it would be much much harder to solo him/her/it.

On the other hand my duffers perspective is not the only one out there and who knows? Seen from the correct angle this new alert could very well be...
    A RIp Roaring Success!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Thetriumphofdeath.jpg

Actually he may indeed have had god mode but he didn't give it to me!
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    I'd love to!

*Turns on Tim and Eric*

Well played
    edited June 2012
    Bug: The Heavy Weapons Energy builder does not build Locus stacks from the Guardian Tree, despite being AoE.

The Dual Sword EB actually builds these locus stacks, and it's also AoE just like the Heavy Weapon EB.
    edited June 2012
    ANy other bugs we could post here?>
    edited June 2012
    Gunarm wrote:
    ANy other bugs we could post here?>

Loads and loads and loads (and loads), but why repeat (constantly) what has been said elsewhere either in /bug reports or posted here and elsewhere?
    edited June 2012
    So, i got tempbanned from this thread for "flaming/trolling" and i notice, many others have said similar and don't get noticed. Nor my rants about how i still never got my missing ff slot issue resolved.

The mail message i got implied the stupid infraction points would expire though, and yet it says it never will.

And i don't really like having infractions for "trolling" especially when i've always considered it an unintelligent word used by goons that when losing an argument, resort to using the term in an attempt to invalidate the words of the opposition. I really don't think it's professional or ever will be to use it as a whole punishment/disciplining catagory and it is too vague since people call everyone who disagrees with them a troll.