What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120614.1

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited June 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.28.2012014.1
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

In tonight's PTS update, we include an update to the Gravitar 10-man Alert.
Gravitar should prove to be more challenging this time around, so we're eagerly awaiting your feedback on the boss fight.

Additionally, we're bringing back the Lemuria Crisis mission, which has been tightened-up based on player and internal feedback. Just like with the Monster island Crisis mission, players will be rewarded with Questionite upon completion.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Gravitar 10-Man Alert:
  • Adjustments made to increase difficulty of boss fight.

Lemuria Crisis is back!
  • The Lemuria Crisis is back!
    • Completing the Crisis will reward players with Questionite.
    • The Lemuria Crisis mission is available to players beginning at level 31.
    • You can pick up the mission from the Primus officer located at the jet pad in Millennium city. Once completed for the first time, it will be available as a Daily mission form the Drifter.
    • Lemuria Crisis is optimized for five players, but the queue will start the mission if four players have been queue for five minutes.

Powers:
  • Personal Force Field: This power now benefits from half strength bonus from Shield Strength Modifiers.
  • Plasma Beam: This power should now animate properly when used in conjunction with Shoulder Launcher.
  • Power Armor: Mini Gun: Infared Guidance System: Cost reduced to 1 advantage point.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Lemuria Crisis!
    • The Lemuria Crisis is back, and more streamlined to improve player experience.
      • The Lemuria Crisis mission can be picked up from the Primus agent at the jet pad in Millennium City.
        • Once a player has completed Lemuria Crisis for the first time, it can be found in the form of a Daily mission from the Drifter contact in Ren Center.

I hope this won't be like the MI Crisis where it just consisted in making it "Alert-able" without fixing anything.

Also, speaking of fixes, as I guess now bugs only get fixed when they're spotted on the PTS:
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=2093549

Pretties, please.
    edited June 2012
    I honestly don't see the logic in making the crisis missions repeatable questionite missions - in the past you interacted with a totem or a computer that was "replaying" the crisis and kinda cutting to you reliving it. Now... what's the link?

The Burial Caves, Dr. Destroyer's Factory, Telios Tower, White Rhino, etc should be made into repeatable lairs w/ questionite rewards tied to them.
    edited June 2012
    Is it impossible to enter Lemuria Crisis alone now, or am I missing something? Because I have been waiting for surely 15 minutes now without a pop.
    edited June 2012
    biostem wrote:

The Burial Caves, Dr. Destroyer's Factory, Telios Tower, White Rhino, etc should be made into repeatable lairs w/ questionite rewards tied to them.

Why shouldn't they make the crisises repeatable and work towards this? I think it's entirely a low-hanging-fruit scenario right now, given the MI crisis 'adjustment'.
    edited June 2012
    If the Lemuria crisis is coming back to the game, why not make it repeatable and give questionite? I'm not sure what this has to do with lair reviews.

Looking forward to seeing improvements to Gravitar. Perhaps another dev event to help get enough people to test her would help?
    edited June 2012
    biostem wrote:

I believe that is an eventual plan to have Lairs in the queue and repeatable.
    edited June 2012
    Looking forward to seeing improvements to Gravitar. Perhaps another dev event to help get enough people to test her would help?

I will probably be on PTS tonight queuing for it around 5:30 :)
    edited June 2012
    Is it impossible to enter Lemuria Crisis alone now, or am I missing something? Because I have been waiting for surely 15 minutes now without a pop.

The mission has been balanced for five players, but will initiate if four players have been queued for five minutes.
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    The mission has been balanced for five players, but will initiate if four players have been queued for five minutes.
    Allright. Does this apply for when you get the mission for the first time, too? Because needing four players to progress seems like it would kinda suck...
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Allright. Does this apply for when you get the mission for the first time, too? Because needing four players to progress seems like it would kinda suck...
    Damn straight it would :mad:

Limiting Crisis missions (repeatable or not) is a sure fired way to not get them done ;)

Please stop applying ALERT tech to Zone Crisis's, and make ALL OF THEM "skippable" after the first time they're done...

...PLEASE!
    edited June 2012
    Damn straight it would :mad:

Limiting Crisis missions (repeatable or not) is a sure fired way to not get them done ;)

Please stop applying ALERT tech to Zone Crisis's, and make ALL OF THEM "skippable" after the first time they're done...

...PLEASE!

We don't NEED to do them anymore. The zone itself automatically unlocks at the level range the Crisis is available to do.

The Crises now are really just larger scale "Alerts" at this point.
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Gravitar 10-Man Alert:

[*]Adjustments made to increase difficulty of boss fight.

More Knockbacks/kd/kup or something else ?
    edited June 2012
    Failed to get the alert/rampage to launch with 8 players for 15+ minutes, then with 9 players for 15+ minutes. 10 players were queued briefly (~2-3 minutes), but alert failed to launch.

Edit: Thanks to Crush and Splosions for the fun, especially the Crush flight!
    edited June 2012
    Don't forget about the lamurian crises as well on that
    edited June 2012
    We don't NEED to do them anymore. The zone itself automatically unlocks at the level range the Crisis is available to do.

Tell that to Vibora Bay, it didn't get the memo ;)
    edited June 2012
    Tell that to Vibora Bay, it didn't get the memo ;)

Hahah, oh that's a different topic. It's not the same "type" of instance and is actually it's own zone. :)
    edited June 2012
    Errr.... is it me or GC just killed the server? =p, I go afk and soon as I am back... boom! server explodes.
    edited June 2012
    Hello, everyone.

We're currently updating the PTS build to address map loading issues with the Gravitar Alert.

I've also updated the patch notes with a the following power update:
    • "Power Armor: Mini Gun: Infared Guidance System: Cost reduced to 1 advantage point.

Thanks!
    -Nis
    edited June 2012
    The server is back up!
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:

I think you missed the question.

Poochie asks: Is it possible to do this Crisis Solo?

Nisdiddumes responds with: Yes, as long as it's a group of 4 people. completely contradictory.

And i would like to know, Why are you guys removing content, that was solo-able and then re-adding, in this completely annoying, and EXTREMELY OVERLYDONE TO THE POINT OF BOREDOM alert style queue junk?

(Because i hate nothing more than to be assigned 4 moochers who do nothing but stand still, or yell at me for "taking too long" meanwhile, all the mob numbers are scaled to a team of 5, and not just one, as it used to be and i have to kill their share of mobs, to make those repair drones get back to repairing the hull.)

I've done Warlord's Alert over 50 times now, and you know what? if it wasn't for the fact it's made with the idea of always 5 people, at top level (ignoring the fact 45 of those times, i was stuck with lvl 13's or under) and that Warlord himself, spams fire patches that lasts over 5-10minutes, but he seems to have an endless allowance of using that power, which is too OP imo, and not to mention, if i die in the OP fire that lasts forever and covers the entire floor, and i magically cannot fly, despite the fact i normally can fly. (What, does warlrod have magic fairy powers to remove people's powers? why didn't the goon take our offense powerrs too then? it would have been good. Of course, that could just be my opinion from the simple fact, all your content (content? re-relasing stuff you took from us, or just making alerts, HAH) is aimed at forcing us into teams, yet sometimes, people prefer to go SOLO,

Oh btw, i found a nifty little bug in warlord's alert, every time you use the temporary become device's Fire all Weapons power, if you turn off the become device then back on, the timer completely resets.

Let's all place wagers now, how fast that bug is dealt with, before any one will do anything about the more severe bugs. like the fact i am still missing my FF slot =\
    edited June 2012

How original.....

It's as if... they have been made for the very first time. if only they had lemruai crisis alert back in 2011. I would have looked so forward to it :(
    edited June 2012
    if only they had put as much effort into creating new content as has gone into all of the updates since ftp launched it would be a completely different game, hell it might even have warranted a subscription for most players. A lot of these alert updates are great for side content things to do when you cant go raiding or your sg isn't on but wth are people supposed to do who have been here for more than a month or 2? Maybe go play something else? guild wars 2 is looking better and better.

Ok the above comment in my post and the above posters posts maybe a little snarky, but as developers you have to understand the game is stagnating and has been fr a long time. The alert system and introduction of questionite are band-aids and money grabs not sustainable content. This game has need an expansion for a long time now a full new zone, new content, new cosmics, new bosses and new quest lines. These are things that were talked about over a year ag and instead we got a revamp of westside and the early levels, so much time spent trying to develop the game for so many passerby's that the rest of us sit in mothballs waiting to hear something good from a dev a spark of hope something to make us get up and cheer about the game . But in the end we keep getting "new content" alerts that add nothing to the game a new crafting system that removes and destroys everything we had before (horrible system) and does nothing but make subscribing players want to leave. PvP has flat out been stated that its not a concern and doesn't matter by the devs. The entire state of affairs currently is unacceptable.

For the love of all that is gaming have some pride in what you do and actually do something worth while. some communication would be nice to.
    edited June 2012
    I didn't see it in the patch notes, but Force Geyser, Force Detonation and (yuck) Force Snap are all adding stacks of Concentration correctly now on test, when used from beyond a 25' range.

So thanks for that.
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    PTS update FC.28.2012014.1

Lemuria Crisis is back!
    • The Lemuria Crisis is back!
      • Completing the Crisis will reward players with Questionite.
      • The Lemuria Crisis mission is available to players beginning at level 31.
      • You can pick up the mission from the Primus officer located at the jet pad in Millennium city. Once completed for the first time, it will be available as a Daily mission form the Drifter.
      • Lemuria Crisis is optimized for five players, but the queue will start the mission if four players have been queue for five minutes.

Curious as to why? Monster Island launched me solo on live, I'd assumed you'd moved away from the forced grouping requirements on crises.
    edited June 2012
    Aeolwind wrote:
    Curious as to why? Monster Island launched me solo on live, I'd assumed you'd moved away from the forced grouping requirements on crises.

My issue with allowing it to be solo at this point would be related to Monster Island's solo-ability to begin with. All the major bugs with it were never addressed as they were only conditions caused by running the MI Crisis with teams.

All the scripting just starts falling apart at that point. It also really doesn't justify using a queue system in the first place.
    edited June 2012
    Skcarkden wrote:
    How original.....

It's as if... they have been made for the very first time. if only they had lemruai crisis alert back in 2011. I would have looked so forward to it :(

I'm honestly not fully understanding the sarcasm here. It maybe just the date that threw me off but some elaboration on that thought would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I didn't see this prior to originally posting and thought someone would reply to something else beforehand.
    edited June 2012
    Guess i'm the only one wondering about this

Personal Force Field: This power now benefits from half strength bonus from Shield Strength Modifiers

Which specs effect this? Is it only self heals/shields/buffs or does the spec for shields/heals/buffs for other players. If someone were to pick both would their PFF receive both shield modifiers? And are these the only shield modifers? I would be nice to know what exactly would effect PFF in order to test it out.
    edited June 2012
    I'm honestly not fully understanding the sarcasm here. It maybe just the date that threw me off but some elaboration on that thought would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I didn't see this prior to originally posting and thought someone would reply to something else beforehand.

My point is... Rather than give us something new, they will just remove content from the little we DO have, then wait a month or two then re-release what they took from us as if it was brand new. But to also make sure they can brand it as new, is to completely and utterly fricking keep it in tow the rest of the stupid idiotic Alert crap. I am SICK of alerts, STOP MAKING ALERTS. I THOUGHT ALERTS WERE MEANT TO ONLY BE A SIDE MISSION THING, NOT THE ENTIRE FOCUS OF THE ENTIRE GAME FROM NOW ON.

Watch, next they are going to remove Vibora Bay, then re-release it, where you must be in a team for the entire zone, if you leave, you're booted out
    edited June 2012
    Shatuedeif wrote:
    Guess i'm the only one wondering about this

Personal Force Field: This power now benefits from half strength bonus from Shield Strength Modifiers

Which specs effect this? Is it only self heals/shields/buffs or does the spec for shields/heals/buffs for other players. If someone were to pick both would their PFF receive both shield modifiers? And are these the only shield modifers? I would be nice to know what exactly would effect PFF in order to test it out.

Arbiter and Overseer specs have shield boosting talents for self. Also it affects the shield boosting strength from Compassion.
    edited June 2012
    I question the wisdom of locking the most disliked Crisis behind a 5 man team requirement. The few people that actually want to run it will spend a long time waiting for the Crisis to launch. Combine that with the average attention span, and only the most determined will ever play it, IMO.

A 1500(?)Q or so reward will unlikely be enough motivation, when a couple of alerts nets you as much, if not more.
    edited June 2012
    I question the wisdom of locking the most disliked Crisis behind a 5 man team requirement. The few people that actually want to run it will spend a long time waiting for the Crisis to launch. Combine that with the average attention span, and only the most determined will ever play it, IMO.

A 1500(?)Q or so reward will unlikely be enough motivation, when a couple of alerts nets you as much, if not more.

Not to mention the fact, this missions mob ratio is based on total players in the map, and for that part with repairing the ship hull with drones, it gets VERY tedious with lots of mobs everywehrre, and can take up to an hour. And yet they expect us to team up with 5 people for this?

Heck, i did it solo and took less than 10 minutes in the section maybe 5.
    edited June 2012
    Skcarkden wrote:
    Not to mention the fact, this missions mob ratio is based on total players in the map, and for that part with repairing the ship hull with drones, it gets VERY tedious with lots of mobs everywehrre, and can take up to an hour. And yet they expect us to team up with 5 people for this?

Heck, i did it solo and took less than 10 minutes in the section maybe 5.

So I mentioned in in another thread regarding LIVE. You don't have to repair the submarine anymore, you just go straight to the sub entrance.

Also all the entrances are consistant with that whirlpool FX look that you see in front of the Lemurian Subs in the Crisis.

Doesn't mean it's better or worse. It's actually easier, but very not fun as when you start in the mission, it's not auto-teamed like alerts are. Which results in everyone out for themselves with no direction, and the Crisis eventually gets solved by someone who actually figures out he can just walk inside the Aegir.

Everyone outside doesn't even know whats going on, then all of a sudden get the feeling it just completes itself with a cutscene.

I'm sure if they did the Alert route and did the forced teaming on entry, then it would be a much more palatable, quick and painless experience.
    edited June 2012
    Their programming/ production schedule is obviously slowed.

They would have been able to post ALL lairs in queue at the same (in one patch) time 2 years ago. Instead we're supposed to be happy with one lair at a time as if we don't notice that there has been very VERY little development in CO.
    edited June 2012
    Pointless comment ignore