test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a supergroup

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Getting a bit tired of soloing all the time. So, I'm looking for a supergroup - and not just any supergroup. I'll provide some info so you can decide whether you'd want me in your SG or not.

I'm RP-friendly - got several years of PnP experience both as a player and game master (Old World of Darkness and Dungeons & Dragons mostly - never tried Champions, though). I probably spend more time testing builds and messing around in Powerhouse than I do actually playing the game. I enjoy doing all kinds of stuff in a team - healing, tanking or dealing tons of damage, and yes - I prefer the classy MMORPG Holy Trinity approach (a tank that tanks, a healer that heals, and a glass cannon damager vaporizing stuff in seconds), although if a team as a whole can do all the stuff I'm fine with that as well.

I value personality over "skill". I'd rather spend time with someone mature and capable of forming a sentence without making 10+ errors than a curse-spewing kid capable of soloing Therakiel's Temple on Elite. Although, I have to admit, I don't enjoy carrying completely clueless people - unless they're willing to improve and are smart enough to grasp CO game mechanics, which doesn't seem to be too hard to me.

Most of my characters are "neutral". As in, not the classy hero type fighting for justice - there are usually other motives driving my toons to do the job, although as far as actions go I don't have any outright evil characters (except for a sadistic healer - but hey, she eventually heals people). So if you're looking for a justice-crazed Holy Paladin I'm not the type.

It probably doesn't really matter right now - but I don't do PvP in CO. At all. Even for RP reasons. I think it's that bad and poorly balanced, both in numbers and game mechanics.

You managed to read this wall of text? Good! Now, these are my characters (yes, some are silly, some are borderline ripoffs, and some were made just for testing certain frameworks/builds), and feel free to send me a PM or two if you're interested. And while you're at it, give me a reason or two to be interested.

Upd: One more thing - I want a more or less active SG. I would never turn down a friend request coming from a mature and original person, but being in a SG with 2.5 players online average won't really solve my problem(s).
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Oozebourne wrote:
    Getting a bit tired of soloing all the time. So, I'm looking for a supergroup - and not just any supergroup. I'll provide some info so you can decide whether you'd want me in your SG or not.

I'm RP-friendly - got several years of PnP experience both as a player and game master (Old World of Darkness and Dungeons & Dragons mostly - never tried Champions, though). I probably spend more time testing builds and messing around in Powerhouse than I do actually playing the game. I enjoy doing all kinds of stuff in a team - healing, tanking or dealing tons of damage, and yes - I prefer the classy MMORPG Holy Trinity approach (a tank that tanks, a healer that heals, and a glass cannon damager vaporizing stuff in seconds), although if a team as a whole can do all the stuff I'm fine with that as well.

I value personality over "skill". I'd rather spend time with someone mature and capable of forming a sentence without making 10+ errors than a curse-spewing kid capable of soloing Therakiel's Temple on Elite. Although, I have to admit, I don't enjoy carrying completely clueless people - unless they're willing to improve and are smart enough to grasp CO game mechanics, which doesn't seem to be too hard to me.

Most of my characters are "neutral". As in, not the classy hero type fighting for justice - there are usually other motives driving my toons to do the job, although as far as actions go I don't have any outright evil characters (except for a sadistic healer - but hey, she eventually heals people). So if you're looking for a justice-crazed Holy Paladin I'm not the type.

It probably doesn't really matter right now - but I don't do PvP in CO. At all. Even for RP reasons. I think it's that bad and poorly balanced, both in numbers and game mechanics.

You managed to read this wall of text? Good! Now, these are my characters (yes, some are silly, some are borderline ripoffs, and some were made just for testing certain frameworks/builds), and feel free to send me a PM or two if you're interested. And while you're at it, give me a reason or two to be interested.

Upd: One more thing - I want a more or less active SG. I would never turn down a friend request coming from a mature and original person, but being in a SG with 2.5 players online average won't really solve my problem(s).

Hey, Oozbourne. <Sharon!> :D

I broke up your wall of text for my reply just for my own sanity, but I also highlighted one of your points in red.

Why?

I'm glad you asked!

Because my guild, the Silver Age Sentinels and it's collected super groups would basically fill every one of your niche requests perfectly, Except for this Red one.

As a primarily Silver and Bronze age theme group, we strive to use characters and allies of "heroes' heroes", the kind of heroes many look up too, although our roots and style are generally much more Marvel than DC, in the sense that our characters are very much human or at least realistic in nature, with some problems in their lives that don't just "go away".

Much of t is often handwaved aside during RP events so the group doesn't end up mired in "who's got the biggest most dramatic thing going on right this second" every time we have get-togethers, but of course those plots and problems can and do take priority on occasion.

I urge you to check out our links, found in my Sig, one takes you to the recruitment thread here on the CO forums, the other directly to our website, which has helpful information boxes on the top left area you can peruse to learn more about us, what we stand for in and out of character, and see therefore if we're what you are looking for.

I have no other reasons to get you interested, us being an almost perfect fit for you other than that you be willing to join us with a character that fits into one of our fairly broad themes is up to you.

Best regards, Rune.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I won't be able to fit among "true" heroes. Many - if not most - of my characters follow the logic of "I'm on this side of the barricade because it's easier/safer", with absolutely nothing to do with justice. And, most importantly, I've never enjoyed RP'ing a "Lawful Good" guy, it feels way too alien to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good luck on your search then.

You'll have a better success by browsing existing super group threads and doing some legwork yourself, rather than waiting for someone to read your wall of text first post and contacting you, though, just a friendly heads up.