test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Silver Champ Recognition gear

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Items and Crafting
Are these base stats rolled randomly?
Bought that Primary Defense thing with 64 defense, and it dropped to 49 defense (the second it was bought, no downscaling because of an Alert).

Or is that just an oversight which hasn't been fixed yet? The latter kinda makes sense, because 64 defense would be quite ridiculous under certain circumstances... =P
Anyone else who bought maybe something else and saw something similar?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The gear has multiple flaws right now:

1) The items listed on the vendor do NOT match what you actually get (which is always lower, even on a level 40 character).

2) The items' special bonus (like +Crit Chance, +Healing, +Dodge, etc etc) OUTRIGHT BREAK as soon as you start slotting mods into them. They'll still be listed on the item, but based on your character sheet, they'll stop actually doing anything.

Both issues were mentioned on the PTS boards. Neither were fixed.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The gear seems to be bugged, the vender stats doesn't match the actual when you get the item (also when you do item comparisons the stats get really messed up). I tried a few pieces on the pts, all the stats seem to be 2/3s what the vender says and the avoidance gear doesn't even have any actual avoidance stats. It's pretty frustrating and I'm hoping it'll be fixed soon lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Amen, the Silver Champ gear needs to be fixed soon. The special bonuses being broken by modding is particularly bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Or is that just an oversight which hasn't been fixed yet?

Yepp .. i posted that already in the PTS forums with that picture :
    http://beldin.be.funpic.de/CO/Purple-Item-Bug.jpg

The thing is, they patched the drops of the Silver Tokens only in the last patch into Unity, before they only
    dropped from Lair Bosses .. so nobody was able to test that gear until 2 days after that Patch :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well, I guess we have to hope that this gets fixed this week... =P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The vendor display was an issue with the old Nemesis & Unity gear as well. I believe that was fixed at some point, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The same thing is happening with the questionite items. I bought the "vigilante's rejuvenating belt"

The item as shown in the questionite store:
    +8,6 Defense
    +22 Offense
    +18 Bonus healing
    +57 Primary Super Stat

What you actually get is:
    +6,5 Defense
    +17 Offense
    +14% Bonus healing
    +44 Primary Super Stat

There are items being sold in the AH that are only slightly less good for a couple of global now, so I think for 150000 questionite you really should get what is shown in the store.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I wanted to mention one known issue for this PTS update.
    The gear sold by all recognition vendors are not scaling to the correct level.

We are currently working on a fix for this.

A Dev quote explains things. ^_^
    (Considering the new PTS build is a fix for our current Live, more or less...)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

A Dev quote explains things. ^_^
    (Considering the new PTS build is a fix for our current Live, more or less...)

That is good to hear, thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I noticed when I slotted Mods with the gear yesterday that I had to unequip it then equip it again for some of the stats to take effect.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    iirc when not putting any cores into the Utility cooldown reduction primary it reduced my 89 second CD to about a minute (61 seconds or something like that (was some days ago).
    I then added additional cooldown reduction (lvl 5), and it jumped to about 73 seconds, so the second you put something in, the basebonus gets nullified, regardless of reequipping it, at least on the utility slot, anything else works for me (although downscaled ofc), that hopefuly will get fixed aswell. =P

That was without a cd reduction secondary from what I remember.

PS.: Easily tested because power cost reduction is still missing, the second you slot it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So, apparently the fix pretty much resolves the values shown at the vendor, I kinda expected that, no hint on the CD reduction issue though...
    But 150k Questionite for those secondaries are way overprized now, I can get higher statgains with normal uniques (because of itemization mistakes when it comes to Recovery), except when it comes to armor, seems to be a 6 armor difference (when comparing the armor boosted item). That's worth weeks of grinding? =P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have a bunch of Silver Champs recog now so I decided to see what I could get. There was a "Heroic Helmet of Topography" that looked tempting, since I no longer had a +minimap item. I decided to try it out on PTS first.

Good decision.

On PTS, I bought the helm and dropped in an INT enhance, a REC armor and a Growth gem, all rank 4. The resulting item had some nice looking stats on the tooltip. I can't tell you what those stats were on my character, though, because when I tried to equip it I got an error message: "Requires level 50".

Really.

I'm just going to avoid buying...anything...from these vendors for a while....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ... i bought a defense primary (the one with +dodge) and a utility primary (the one with +cost discount), slotted them with R5 mods and they work fine ... the added stats are showing in info tab, and cost discount (among with a purple secondary with +cd) works very good since i replaced my intelligence gear with those....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The patch fixed those Utility Primary issues, yes. The other slots worked before the patch aswell.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    As of right now, yes, the Silver Champs gear works perfectly. On PTS, yes, it's busted. The entire item system is (somehow).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Venture-1 wrote:
    I have a bunch of Silver Champs recog now so I decided to see what I could get. There was a "Heroic Helmet of Topography" that looked tempting, since I no longer had a +minimap item. I decided to try it out on PTS first.

Good decision.

On PTS, I bought the helm and dropped in an INT enhance, a REC armor and a Growth gem, all rank 4. The resulting item had some nice looking stats on the tooltip. I can't tell you what those stats were on my character, though, because when I tried to equip it I got an error message: "Requires level 50".

Really.

I'm just going to avoid buying...anything...from these vendors for a while....

Most of em are fine now - minimap is pretty meaningless so I think you're the first person to actually try it. The rest appear to be functioning as intended now since the latest patch thankfully.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SeCKSEgai wrote:
    Most of em are fine now - minimap is pretty meaningless so I think you're the first person to actually try it. The rest appear to be functioning as intended now since the latest patch thankfully.

I dunno - the minimap has been broken for, well, AGES now indoors (won't zoom out more than 40ft around your character or so). Maybe this item is the solution for it. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How many slots are there on the Silver gear pieces?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Three. One core slot, and two stat slots.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Mystagogue wrote:
    How many slots are there on the Silver gear pieces?

3 slots. From memory

Offense: 1 Core, 2 Enhance slots.
    Defense: 1 Core, 2 Armor slots.
    Utility: 1 Core, 1 Armor, 1 Enhance slots.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What's the deal with this.. I know its a necro but the issue still exists