test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions LARP Kickstarter

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I'm not a LARPer, but I owe Darren a great dea (and he's more than just a pizza guy). Here's the link to his first Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1832603818/champions-live-action
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    I'm not a LARPer, but I owe Darren a great dea (and he's more than just a pizza guy). Here's the link to his first Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1832603818/champions-live-action

Did Cryptic say "yes" to this project?
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:

Given that Darren has worked with Cryptic in the past, handled many of Hero's negotiations with outside parties (and is therefore knowledgeable about the process), and credits Cryptic twice prominently in the Kickstarter blurb, I can't imagine him not going ahead on this without appropriate approvals.
    edited April 2012
    Ooooo now this is a cool idea and a half!
    Alas a floating brain in a bubble-dome for a head costume may be a bit tricky.
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:

If they do Dark Champions, they only need Hero Games' permission.

Also, they could just change the name of it so they don't have to tread on IP. That's what Cryptic did initially with City of Heroes.

Anyway, I for one would love such a game... if there were any LARP groups within a reasonable difference. Nearest one is an hour away. Provided the GMs aren't complete and total O-Rings, it's gotta be better than CO.
    edited April 2012
    If they do Dark Champions, they only need Hero Games' permission.

Also, they could just change the name of it so they don't have to tread on IP. That's what Cryptic did initially with City of Heroes.

Anyway, I for one would love such a game... if there were any LARP groups within a reasonable difference. Nearest one is an hour away. Provided the GMs aren't complete and total O-Rings, it's gotta be better than CO.

Last I heard, Cryptic owns both Champions and Dark Champions, so I don't think they need Hero Games permission for Dark Champions. A few of the characters are still retained by Hero Games, though.
    edited April 2012
    Nearly half way to the target pledge goal, with 18 days to go. Looks very promising. :)
    edited April 2012
    Nearly half way to the target pledge goal, with 18 days to go. Looks very promising. :)

Needs more mid-range limited rewards. The reward levels as written appear to be too dependant on many, many low reward teir supporters, which it hasn't gotton, but the 5 limited $200 rewards were gone fast.

Maybe ten more at 300 but with "not brief" more like full writes up would entice another $3000 out of people in the next couple weeks?
    edited April 2012
    I wouldn't say "many, many" lower reward tier pledgers. The pledge drive is only twelve days in, with 88 pledgers so far. The last two Hero Kickstarters pulled in over two hundred pledgers. No cause to panic yet. :)
    edited May 2012
    And we made it. Thanks to all whose generosity will make this book possible.