Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.26.20120404a.1

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited April 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.26.20120404a.1
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 11:00am PST

Hello there!

We're back! With a new build that included another round of fixes and polish.
As i mentioned in a previous post, we're working at addressing all of the issues you've reported with the last patch update. We've also taken down your concerns with the state of the update so far, presented them to the team and are actively reviewing them.

Starting with this patch, i will work on updating PTS more frequently to keep you abreast of changes/fixes, addressing your feedback, fast tracking them into a new patch, updating PTS...rinse and repeat :cool:

Below is what's include in this update:

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Items:
  • Malvan Crystals now properly provide PVP stats
  • All purples should now properly behave as level 40 purples.
  • Crafted Travel Power Devices: These devices can no longer be sold to vendors.
  • Armament Caches no longer stack.

UI:
  • New work-in-progress login screen and new textures
  • Added Rank indicators to item modifiers.
    "
  • Renamed the Questionite Numeric to "Questionite"
  • Added Q-Exchange message files to address untranslated exchange messages
  • Added a new tutorial to Help Menu. To access, click the 'H' key > Game Manual > Champions: On Alert.
  • Changed the map and minimap so that it will remember scaling, and always try to set the player's last chosen zoom setting, rather than saving the clamped setting.

Content:
  • Monster Island: added Lantern Lghting handoff to Okonkwo directing heroes to UNTIL HQ and Serpent Lantern. Serpent Lantern: Increased XP reward for completing the adventure pack.
  • Desert Crisis: text editing pass to make quest text more readable
  • Vendors: Added new vendor icons
    "
  • Alerts: Deadman Walkin' now has a chance to drop a costume piece.
  • Critters: Bronze King: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.
  • Critters: Kigatilik: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.
  • Critters: Vikorin the Blind: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.

Powers:
  • Fixed a bug in which powers that used a Cylinder for their AoE hit detection would miss fast moving targets.

Art:
  • Additional fixes to skyfiles throughout the game.

Specializations:
  • Specialization for freeforms at Level 20, additional instructions given in the form of an invisible mission.

Bugs you reported that we've fixed in this build:
  • Map zoom bug is back. Map loses its zoom level by zoning now. - Reported by: Silverspar
  • Legacy CTP devices have a resource value (55L) and can be sold to store. They need to have zero value / 'Can't be sold' similar to Dark Speed. No one will EVER want to sell those devices by accident. And you probably wouldn't want to hear about it if some. - Reported by: Temprus
  • BUG: Purples are now all Level 1 - Reported by: KeikoMystere
  • Known Issue: Purples are currently not level restricted to 40. This will be addressed soon.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    PTS update FC.26.20120404a.1
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 11:00am PST

Hello there!

Items:
    • Malvan Crystals now properly provide PVP stats

Can we get a comment on the developers idea of what Player vs Player content "should" look like? Be that ATPvP or Freeform.

There hasn't been any consensus from your players that these are a good idea, but maybe our if I can hear your vision I can at least understand.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Items:
    • Crafted Travel Power Devices: These devices can no longer be sold to vendors.
    Saved!
    NisDiddums wrote:
    UI:
    • New work-in-progress login screen and new textures
    Will it finally remember the right login ID?
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Content:
    • Critters: Bronze King: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.
    • Critters: Kigatilik: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.
    • Critters: Vikorin the Blind: Now has a chance to drop costume pieces.
    Well, at least, two of them are in instances...
    As for the mountain god, I have a feeling he'll go unseen forever now...
    Like Mama Dino and her Monkey Boy...
    Are there plans to, you know, make them a wee bit more available?
    I mean like any other Open Mission?
    Else, all this did is just add more frustration for the "common" folks...
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Specializations:
    • Specialization for freeforms at Level 20, additional instructions given in the form of an invisible mission.
    Heh?
    Invisible mission?
    Wazzat?
    Can I still play it if I don't have True Sight?

EDIT: Lil addo:
    • No preview for the new costumes pieces before we buy them?
      Would be great if the vendors / Q-Exchange had a lil preview pane with at least a screenshot picture, you know, like the C-Store.
    • Still no intent on leaving the (old) crafting locations alone and in-game?
      Please?
      Those were really neat spots for RP or just as backgrounds for screenshots.
      I mean the Mystical shop near the prison with the spiral staircase and the pool.
      I can't be worse than the over-empty hunting lodge (which also looks great as a hide-away place).
      I dunno make it a lil mission pace where we take down a named "boss" (just like the hunting lodge :-p)
      I mean, they're in the game already, they aren't game-breaking, and people like them so... WHYYYYYYY?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Patch will go live around 11:00am on Friday, everyone.
    The shard maintenance is scheduled to start at 10:30am.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    (SNIP)
    Legacy CTP devices have a resource value (55L) and can be sold to store. They need to have zero value / 'Can't be sold' similar to Dark Speed. No one will EVER want to sell those devices by accident. And you probably wouldn't want to hear about it if some. - Reported by: Temprus
    (SNIP)

Thank you. ^_^;
    I can feel a bit safer with the shinies now.
    The original quote isn't from Temprus' post though. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So any chance we'll ever see whiteout on PTS? Or has it gone the way of the C-store?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Any chance u guys can make Ego Blade Breach work with Form of the Tiger? Give it the same love as u did to Upheaval on last patch...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The background image on the new login screen doesn't fill the screen (1680x1050).

On a side note, even if the art in the back was working properly I'm not really a fan of the rooftop taking over half my screen.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    The background image on the new login screen doesn't fill the screen (1680x1050).

On a side note, even if the art in the back was working properly I'm not really a fan of the rooftop taking over half my screen.

I think the whole loading screen is kind of messed up. There's this huge yellow-greyish... thing, and something little hidden behind it. >.> And yeah, doesn't scale right on 1920x1080 either.. which is about as standard as you can get these days.

I'm guessing we're currently getting sort of 'daily builds' thrown to PTS, instead of something that's code-freezed to become mostly stable. If that's the case, it would have the advantage that we get changes out to PTS much faster (which is kind of necessary at this point), but the disadvantage that we'll get some stuff there that's still in 'development stage', and not really finished or entirely stable.

Edit: update:

Ok, also.. the character's legs are buried into floor in character selection. And wings clip into that headstone that's behind the character face icons.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ...I don't like Kinetic staring at me on my character select screen..It's creepy..
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    [Post deleted: PWE account merger.]
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Telepathic Reverberation still only returns 17 energy per tick despite the tooltip stating it should be 53.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Converting crafting components gives you all the Superstats (at Rank 1) BUT Ego.

Should we be reposting bugs from the old version into this thread or not? Or are you making more threads?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: The brand new Bind on Account Nemesis token goodies can NOT be stored in your Shared Bank.

They won't mail either, but that makes sense - they're bound to you. But they should go into the shared bank. And it's also the entire point of buying these items - you can have your 40s get these items to make life for your lowbies a LOT easier/faster.

Excellent idea for BoA items, BTW, especially with glows and such attached to them.

Only one (large) downside - the primary items aren't moddable. I guess that's to keep them balanced and such, but I dunno.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Now that the purple gear is actually showing at level 40... why is it still worse than level 40 blues? For example...

Level 40 open world drop blue primary offense:
    • Two mod slots
    • +53 to any stat
    • +60 offense
    • Some other offense effect (bonus healing, crit severity, crit strike, +primary SS or offense)

Purple primary offense from the vendor:
    • Three mod slots
    • An offense effect you can pick (+68 offense, +95 crit strike, +28% healing, +23 primary SS or +4.6 crit severity)

The extra mod slot on the purple primary offense allows for slightly higher stats but it's missing the +offense inherit in all other primary offense pieces. The blue primary defense items have a higher than normal defense bonus, but the purples do not. The purple primary utility items appear to always be better.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: Items that increase maximum hit points are not doing so.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    I think the whole loading screen is kind of messed up. There's this huge yellow-greyish... thing, and something little hidden behind it. >.> And yeah, doesn't scale right on 1920x1080 either.. which is about as standard as you can get these days.

Yes, and even if this not the standard, the screen doesn't scale in 1024 X 768 and 1280X 1024, too.
    Bug : One more thing, the legs of my characters are under the roof of the building. Not visible.

Edit:
    Bug : Fuse button is grey, tinted. Fusion isn't possible for me. (5 mods in slot, 100% chance, with catalyst in his slot or not)
    Helosie1 wrote:
    ...I don't like Kinetic staring at me on my character select screen..It's creepy..
    He's watching you, be careful, speak down he could hear you :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Minor bug:

Even when you have the "toggle, never cancels" option on in Controls for your energy builder, it always turns off again after you zone.

Bug?:

The Darkness Master Villain nemesis minions in Alerts are doing a ridiculous amount of damage with their Shadow Embrace. The team was getting hit for about 1700 a tick...at the level 30 sidekick >.>.

Misspelling:

The Hi-Pan alerts are named High Pan in the alert queue and description.

Edit: Edited some moar in.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Also BUG :
    The Nemesis heirloom items can't be sent via mail or put into the shared bank

About the new Nemesis-Stuff :

Is that all ? Really .. i have 56000 Nemesis Tokens on 17 characters, and hoped i could get some items that
    are on par with the new stuff, and not some that are, beside the exp bonus, just en par with old gear, and
    have even much worse defense :(

What about some blue or purple items with sockets ?

Bug :
    new character select/creation screen
    Character stands unto the knees in a wall, so you can't even see you feet or lower legs.

Really .. how should we create a costume there ?

Also BUG :
    retconing one "normal" power removes the 10 points from the SS-Spec tree and the mastery, but you can't
    spent the 11 points again

And retconning specs now is again in the "normal" retcon screen .. so it was just a bug, and no plans
    to seperate them ? :(

Bug :
    the stats on Heirloom Items also doon't work

Gloves say for example : +28 to secondary SS +49 to primary, however i get only +8,5 on all :o
    Heirloom secondarys also give 8,5 to all instead 19 to primary SS.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Attempting to change the color of my foxbat foam finger changed the color of my other hand instead.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The tooltip for a Hi Pan alert says High Pan instead of Hi Pan
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG:
    Nemesis primary offense item isn't scaling properly. Granting about half values for secondary stats and next to nothing for primary superstat. Comparing against the use of the old Freedom Fighting purple.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Kliffoth wrote:
    BUG:
    Nemesis primary offense item isn't scaling properly. Granting about half values for secondary stats and next to nothing for primary superstat.

That applies to ALL the heirloom items, like i edited in my post above. They all just give 8,5 to all Superstats :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: Thermal Reverberation is NOT scaling with Endurance OR recovery as of last patch, it is still scaling off of presence. Once more, I only get 12 energy, rather than the 15 energy the new 'base' amount that it is claimed to have. The tooltips do not reflect any of this, as it claims I am supposed to get 38 energy.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

But YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR LEMURIAN GRINDAGE
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Converting crafting components gives you all the Superstats (at Rank 1) BUT Ego.

Should we be reposting bugs from the old version into this thread or not? Or are you making more threads?

Probably more productive to just post them once on the bugs thread here.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    That applies to ALL the heirloom items, like i edited in my post above. They all just give 8,5 to all Superstats :rolleyes:

My bad, I did skim through the thread before hand. =P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Questionite blue gear is still showing at the wrong level (Like the purple gear showed in the last build)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The 4th color channel in the tailor changes the character skin color.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: You updated the two Mil City Nemesis vendors, but forgot about the guy in the VIP lounge. (Yes, the VIP lounge still exists.)

Also, your "secret" junk room in my penthouse is really starting to kill my fps with the latest PTS pushes, and my loading time into the penthouse has gone up to a minute or more.
    Can we please clean this mess up?
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595833494527738498/8488F7795E5FB5DCE36B3B14E6CC3EA3C102651C/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595833494527732260/85B58D70E8550FD0AD30E0BD2CADC7B4BDD3EDBD/
    And yes devs, i got into the training room upstairs too. (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595833494528055820/2AC4085E53C3D6D7AD0FA20BECBC3FCE4576E753/) :3
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: You updated the two Mil City Nemesis vendors, but forgot about the guy in the VIP lounge. (Yes, the VIP lounge still exists.)

I know it exists .. but i never noticed there was a Nemesis Vendor :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    When retconning specializations it only undoes the last "top" pick but all the other points stay there and you can't adjust them.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug
    Not sure how to explain this - Item mods are not doing what they should to the item I think... Well here is a screeny!
    http://i41.tinypic.com/14jvw2g.jpg
    Pay attention to the Dex modifiers I've put in place and the actual value on the item.

Oh yes and Nemesis Prison Break is bust but think someone already pointed that out. Green Dragon, Nemesis and Vengeance are all untargettable.