test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Heroes?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Is there a PDF detailing the heroes of the Champions Universe?

Something along the same lines as the Villain Volumes...where you can see their stats and their powers?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nope, 'fraid not. We have several example heroes in Champions itself (the Champions, naturally) and some more in Champions Universe (Dr. Silverback, Silver Avenger Mayte Sanchez, Black Mask, Victory, and others), but that's about all we're likely to publish. By and large our customers don't seem to want too many NPC hero write-ups; they want their own PCs to be the stars of the show.
    edited January 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Nope, 'fraid not. We have several example heroes in Champions itself (the Champions, naturally) and some more in Champions Universe (Dr. Silverback, Silver Avenger Mayte Sanchez, Black Mask, Victory, and others), but that's about all we're likely to publish. By and large our customers don't seem to want too many NPC hero write-ups; they want their own PCs to be the stars of the show.

That's true.
    All I really cared to see were the Champions anyhow, which I got with CU.
    Though, it was definitely cool to read up on Silver Avenger Mayte Sanchez, Avengers in general and Cyberline.

Anyways...thanks for the info.
    edited January 2011
    If you are interested, and can find it, you might want to check out the old Champions module, "To Serve and Protect," which details a California supergroup called the Protectors.

I think we have a player from that group here in CO.
    edited January 2011
    Ashen_X wrote:
    If you are interested, and can find it, you might want to check out the old Champions module, "To Serve and Protect," which details a California supergroup called the Protectors.

Heh... You have the author of that book here in CO. :) *waves*
    edited January 2011
    I love that so many of the creators, writers, etc of the original PnP game play CO!

You guys are awesome!
    edited January 2011
    Sc00teR wrote:

Well sir, I enjoyed it immensely.
    edited June 2011
    Ashen_X wrote:

I was also one of the original Protectors. Team Gadgeteer/Scientist and Mutant with Sonic Powers.

Scott had to turn me and Ace into women for the module, but in reality all of us were male characters. I still have my old character sheet around here somewhere...
    edited June 2011
    Doc Sonic wrote:
    I was also one of the original Protectors. Team Gadgeteer/Scientist and Mutant with Sonic Powers. Scott had to turn me and Ace into women for the module, but in reality all of us were male characters. I still have my old character sheet around here somewhere...

Heh... yeah. That. Sorry, bud. (Though, for the record, when the original Ace was replaced with a new player, we added our first female to the team.)

:rolleyes:
    edited June 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:

I was at launch, and continue to be to this day - amazed that by right-cliking and info'ing any signature group or super / cosmic villain, that there is not a half decent write-up on their bio. It's a continued oversight by Cryptic's teams.
    I would love to see bio write-ups however brief or extensive in the online game, It can only add to the discovery experience of encountering these characters online.

[Additional] I would also like to see replaced the awful auto-framing portrait of the character in question which is (or was when i last checked) hopelessly broken; I cite the larger toons like Grond, Kigatilik or Megladon as examples of this.
    I would much rather they be replaced by a nice concept artwork piece.
    edited June 2011
    There are some Champions books available, in both hardcopy and PDF format, which include a fair number of hero write-ups. For example, Champions Universe: News Of The World fully describes two of the world's premier super hero teams, the Sentinels and the Justice Squadron, as well as Nighthawk and his "Project Mongoose" anti-VIPER team. The downside is that these books are for the Fifth Edition of the game, not the current Sixth; and they include much other material, making them correspondingly more expensive. OTOH all the Fifth Edition books in the Hero Games website online store are now half their original price. ;)

Check out the Champions stuff in the store: https://www.herogames.com/browse.htm?keywords=&categoryID=220001&releaseDate=-1&available=Y&book=Y&pdf=Y&characterPack=Y&multiBook=Y&other=Y&damaged=Y
    edited January 2012
    Sc00teR wrote:

I just stumbled across this thread, and would like to chime in being the fanboy that I am, and say that The Protectors were my favorite NPC Super-Hero group ever,in any Super table-top RPG. "To Serve and Protect" is also one of my favorite Champs modules as well. I even use Coatlicue/Purifier in the (overly) expanded origin of my main hero on CO, Vanguard, and she's his in-game nemesis as well.
    edited March 2012
    HeroSteve wrote:

Champions Universe for the Fifth Edition of the game (current edition is Sixth) included full 5E write-ups for such official CU heroes as the Binary Man, Stalwart, Shugoshin, MeteorMan III (current holder of the name), and historically, Captain Patriot and the very first Black Mask, which haven't appeared in print since.

CU 5E is no longer for sale from the Hero Games website store, but still appears in used game book retailers, and websites such as EBay.
    edited March 2012
    I just stumbled across this thread, and would like to chime in being the fanboy that I am, and say that The Protectors were my favorite NPC Super-Hero group ever,in any Super table-top RPG. "To Serve and Protect" is also one of my favorite Champs modules as well. I even use Coatlicue/Purifier in the (overly) expanded origin of my main hero on CO, Vanguard, and she's his in-game nemesis as well.

I tried making Coatique, but I think I was too nitpicky because of matching her look and powers. How does she look as your nemesis?
    edited March 2012
    Scott Heine posted a color illo of Coatlicue, as well as several other Protectors, to the Hero Games forums years ago. Since he provided them for free there, I'm reasonably confident he won't mind me attaching Coatlicue here:
    edited March 2012
    Ooo! Blast from the past!
    edited March 2012
    Wow, that's great! Brings back the memories.
    edited March 2012
    Heck, I might as well put up the rest of the Protectors while I'm at it. ;)

Below are the other color illos that Scott "Sc00ter" Heine drew and posted to the Hero Games forums: Ace, Doc Sonic, Helios, Renegade, and Silverfist:
    edited March 2012
    Now here are Scott's original pictures of the rest of the team taken from the module To Serve and Protect, but colored by fans, not Scott: Brainstorm, Dr. Wraithe, Huntsman, Maelstrom, and Quasar:
    edited March 2012
    cptpatriot wrote:
    I tried making Coatique, but I think I was too nitpicky because of matching her look and powers. How does she look as your nemesis?

I tired to replicate the costume from the published adventure as best as I could. Here were the results I ended up with:
    BTW those Protectors color pics are the goods! Thanks for sharing them. Beats the bejeezuz out of my colored pencil coloring jobs! ;)
    edited March 2012
    Captain, IMHO your Coatlicue/Purifier came out very well indeed. It's just a shame you couldn't add the Skull Pendant to her accouterments.

BTW I got substantial story use out of that bit of supernatural bling in my own PnP campaign after the original adventure was over. :cool:
    edited March 2012
    Captain, IMHO your Coatlicue/Purifier came out very well indeed. It's just a shame you couldn't add the Skull Pendant to her accouterments.

BTW I got substantial story use out of that bit of supernatural bling in my own PnP campaign after the original adventure was over. :cool:

Thanks for the compliment. :D I agree, not being able to outfit her with a skull pendant was disappointing, considering the pendant was the true villain of the story.

That's awesome reusing the artifact in your PnP campaign. When we ran "To Serve and Protect" in our old table-top game, I wish I had thought of that. What a great recurring piece of magical nuisance that would have been to some unlucky heroes! :eek: