edited February 2012 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
For old school players, courtesy of Sprawler:

http://championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/vb_threads/1010211
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Man that's some awesome info. Think Cryptic will ever bring any of these heroes into the game?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I would hope Black Pally and Fiacho make it as villains. And as the All-American is mentioned in a cutscene, I wouldn't be surprised to see him one day.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Man that's some awesome info. Think Cryptic will ever bring any of these heroes into the game?

It would be nice, I certainly hope so. Any or all of the missing from the IP.
    Thanks for the link Thundrax!.

*noses around forum*
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    I would hope Black Pally and Fiacho make it as villains. And as the All-American is mentioned in a cutscene, I wouldn't be surprised to see him one day.

Actually, I do believe the Black Paladin made it into Whiteout Issue 3. He's the "nemesis" that you fight if your character doesn't have one yet. It's been a while since I've played through that mission, so I may be mistaken, but I distinctly recall once fighting a black armored knight in place of a nemesis.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wow! What an awesome job! All very well done, sir!

I especially like The Monster, purely because he's been in Champs pnp since point one (the first Enemies book) and I can't believe I had forgotten all about him. Is he even canon in the 5th edition?

Thanks for bringing back great memories, Sir Sprawler!

:)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Actually, I do believe the Black Paladin made it into Whiteout Issue 3. He's the "nemesis" that you fight if your character doesn't have one yet. It's been a while since I've played through that mission, so I may be mistaken, but I distinctly recall once fighting a black armored knight in place of a nemesis.

Really? Now I'll have to do it with a sub-25.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Rhyatt wrote:
    Wow! What an awesome job! All very well done, sir!

I especially like The Monster, purely because he's been in Champs pnp since point one (the first Enemies book) and I can't believe I had forgotten all about him. Is he even canon in the 5th edition?

Thanks for bringing back great memories, Sir Sprawer!

:)

Yes. The Monster's in Champions Villains, Volume 3, for 6th edition. Sometimes you just can't keep a bad guy down!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nice stuff! I especially like Dark Seraph there!

Hmm... Now that I'm seeing these costumes... Are we allowed to make canon characters our Nemesis? :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nice stuff! I especially like Dark Seraph there!

Hmm... Now that I'm seeing these costumes... Are we allowed to make canon characters our Nemesis? :confused:

As Cryptic owns the property and everything is being kept in-game, I don't see why not. Unless there's something hidden in the user agreement that forbids this.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I can't speak to whether Cryptic has an official policy on that, or would do anything about it if they found out.

I can say that for my main's nemesis I re-created Prospero from Predators, our Dark Champions villains book. No one seemed to mind, but they may not've been paying attention or realized he was "official."
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh, I didn't realize I'd got put over here as well! Thanks for the compliments guys! As to using source nemeses, I actually use the Shadow Queen as one of Chiv's nemeses myself. There's definitely more to come! (Including female characters, gasp, shock, horror)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If Cryptic didn't object to making official characters our nemeses, that would help us draw inspiration from the CU's rich background, and automatically ground our characters more closely within the setting. Not to mention being a wonderful way to introduce more of the host of Champions villains into the game. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wouldn't it be a hoot if they liked your nemesis and bio enough to make them an actual villain in game?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    cptpatriot wrote:
    Wouldn't it be a hoot if they liked your nemesis and bio enough to make them an actual villain in game?

With the way things have gone for Duratok and Roxstar, I could easily see something similar for a nemesis at some point. Ascended fanboys and what not ;P
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Very nicely done work on the character designs, Sprawler!