What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Guide for Stronghold PvP

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    xhavenfunx wrote:
    Why is it that Justiciar has 2 passives and Dread metal only has 1?
    Because the devs messed up. For Lacuna, fortunately NPC force fields and NPC LR have no synergy, so the two passives don't matter much.
    edited June 2011
    oh gotcha! thanks!
    edited June 2011
    The regular NPCs make up for the difference. That annoying snow storm that blinds anyone who goes into it is only on the bad guys side. That certainly makes up for it IMO.
    edited August 2011
    The one thing I'm confused about is exactly how to join a game of Stronghold pvp. This is an awesome guide but I still have no idea where its at. Is there a level requirement?
    edited August 2011
    Aerotech wrote:
    The one thing I'm confused about is exactly how to join a game of Stronghold pvp. This is an awesome guide but I still have no idea where its at. Is there a level requirement?

Yes, Stronghold is Tier 4 only. So levels 31+
    edited August 2011
    Really good guide. Did my first Stronghold at 35 today for a quest, and because I could not wait until 40 to PvP again.

Although I was probably a Burden to my team as it was, I had NO idea of what i was meant to do, now with this guide, I cant wait till 40 + geared to come join in the fun
    edited November 2011
    Missing from the guide:

If your reinforcements roll, they'll line up for a group portrait with you
    edited November 2011
    it's true!
    edited January 2012
    Updated the more "advanced" Tips of the Mudkipz section with tips on how to deal with Defiant NPCs. The reinforcements as well as Raza and Ironclad.

Also, some of you have PM-ed Vixy about the Medikipz video not working, but when Vixy checked it played fine. Can anyone that was having issues reply with whether or not the video works now?

Thanks!
    edited January 2012
    kamokami wrote:
    Updated the more "advanced" Tips of the Mudkipz section with tips on how to deal with Defiant NPCs. The reinforcements as well as Raza and Ironclad.

Also, some of you have PM-ed Vixy about the Medikipz video not working, but when Vixy checked it played fine. Can anyone that was having issues reply with whether or not the video works now?

Thanks!

The video does not work for me, it says that it is blocked in my country for copyright grounds by the UMG.
    edited January 2012
    This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that.

Vixy, It's always been like that for us. Same message since you first made the guide.
    edited January 2012
    Okay uploaded a different video for Medikipz....a little less action than the other one but at least you can watch it haha (Vixy hopes).

Please let Vixy know if the video is not viewable. Can also be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4tOvNMCwPI

Also, check out the newest tip (#8) with regards to dealing with Defiant NPCs. Cheers!
    edited January 2012
    More tips!!! (as Vixy thinks of them, haha)

This one is for PvP in general and not just Stronghold. Added to guide as well as here:

#9) Set up your options such that lifebars for Hostile Players are always shown. This way you can more quickly see which of your enemies is closer to death and be better able to focus your damage output with the rest of your team.

To change this option go to Options > Hud (all the way to the right) > Hostile Players (scroll down to the bottom).

Screenshot here:
    http://photoupload.org/uploads/13267578631.png

Enabling this option has helped Vixy get many kills. The difference between an enemy that's low on hp and one that is dead is super massively hugekipz. So the speed at which you notice an opportunity for a kill will have a big impact. Hope this helps!
    edited January 2012
    A most helpful tip....wait does this apply to a hostile player's pet's as well? I certainly hope not. Not sure if player with low health bar out of corner of eye on edge of screen or just drone.

There are times though that I just get so excite when I see so many players I can murder that I can't choose so I'll just latch onto the first one a happen to target like a leech. Some other toon's HP drops lower when I'm molesting them? Too bad for they must feel my body caressing them until we both die.

I find double kills, that is to say scuffles that end in both plays buying it at the same time, to be hilarious. Too bad they're so rare. I makes you feel like both a winner and loser at the same time, but it's always funny.
    edited February 2012
    some ppl still dn't know "taking console" and "summon reinforcement". this is one of most important part in stronghold.
    even in case you dnt have enough toughness your self, reinforcement will kill gun turrets for you and even in case you dnt have any DPS or any healer in your team, reinforcement will do it for you.
    and no healer can take 2 wave of 3-full reinforcement. like this xD