test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are VIPER and ARGENT allies?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
i made a VIPER rat-manimal draysha enforcer. and since ARGENT hunts manimals for sport im just wondering if there is al alliance. if so ill change my bio
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The two will do business deals from time to time, usually with weapons and tech. One of the Millennium City level 18-20ish quests has you breaking up a meeting between VIPER and ARGENT in the latter's headquarters.
    edited September 2011
    Being as VIPER is buying Moreau's services to make Manimals for them, and ARGENT are hunting said Manimals, I'd say there would be some tension between them.
    edited September 2011
    Although they occasionally compete for particular objectives, VIPER and ARGENT do a lot of business. VIPER often buys equipment from ARGENT, or hires its labs to do research. ARGENT sometimes subcontracts VIPER agents when it needs some muscle.

ARGENT's "game preserve" where it sells the opportunity to hunt manimals (and other monsters) is just on Monster Island, though, and just a business arrangement to them. The agency has no general policy on manimals one way or another.
    teedon wrote:
    i made a VIPER rat-manimal draysha enforcer...

I'm not sure that's a face even Dr. Moreau could love. :eek:
    edited September 2011
    Loganius wrote:
    Being as VIPER is buying Moreau's services to make Manimals for them, and ARGENT are hunting said Manimals, I'd say there would be some tension between them.

On Monster Island, probably. It's not clear whether Moreau is making manimals for VIPER, though. The Monster Island source book just says he gives them the "fruits of his research." The situation may not affect dealings between the two agencies elsewhere.

In any case, VIPER and ARGENT aren't allied strictly speaking. They just have a mutually-profitable association.
    edited September 2011
    On Monster Island, probably. It's not clear whether Moreau is making manimals for VIPER, though. The Monster Island source book just says he gives them the "fruits of his research." The situation may not affect dealings between the two agencies elsewhere.

In any case, VIPER and ARGENT aren't allied strictly speaking. They just have a mutually-profitable association.

VIPER's interest in Moreau's manimal research doesn't extend that far. They were more interested in Draysha which is found in abundance in Moreau's lab. In fact, on more than one occasion it's made clear that VIPER has no interest in the manimal's except as guinea pigs for said experiments.
    edited September 2011
    Silverspar wrote:
    VIPER's interest in Moreau's manimal research doesn't extend that far. They were more interested in Draysha which is found in abundance in Moreau's lab. In fact, on more than one occasion it's made clear that VIPER has no interest in the manimal's except as guinea pigs for said experiments.

good because thats pretty much vermuscles bio, a prototype for a draysha/power armour suit

stronghold cant handle me! muhahaha
    edited September 2011
    VIPER and ARGENT aren't exactly allies, but neither are they enemies. They have often worked together on various projects -- things along the line of VIPER contracting ARGENT to produce some technological bauble for it, or provide some other service, or ARGENT hiring VIPER to do some dirty work that ARGENT itself isn't well-equipped to do.

The best way to describe them is probably as rivals. They do compete for some of the same sorts of "work" in the underworld. That doesn't preclude them from occasionally working for/with one another, but it makes any partnership a wary one.
    edited September 2011
    All this talk of the Draysha gas makes me wanna think about writing it up in PnP.
    edited September 2011
    We've already pretty much done that for ya, cpt. ;) See pages 62-63 of the VIPER supplement; the gas has pretty much the same effects as the Package Deal presented there (assuming I remember it correctly from the MMO). It needs updating for 6th Edition but is otherwise good to go (as I envision things, at least).
    edited September 2011
    According to the Monster Island book p. 69, the Draysha gas provides only a small Aid to several Characteristics, without the serpentine physical abilities granted by VIPER's Draysha formula in VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent. OTOH the gas has no cosmetic effects other than to cause the recipient's skin to glow green. ;)