test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Books in the UK

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Hi all, my first post on the forums!

My question is does anyone know where I can purchase the Champions book in the UK, specifically in the Manchester area?
I know I could download PDFs from Hero Games but I have a thing for books.

Thanks guys.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just FYI, the Hero Games website online store also stocks hard copies of their books, and will ship them around the world. While the current version of the HERO System is Sixth Edition, many of the available books (which are still in official continuity) are for the Fifth Edition; and all of the latter are now half their original cover price. So ordering from the website could mean significant savings.

You can view what's available and order from here: https://www.herogames.com/browse.htm?keywords=&categoryID=220001&releaseDate=-1&available=Y&book=Y&pdf=Y&characterPack=Y&multiBook=Y&other=Y&damaged=Y
    edited August 2011
    The first place that comes to mind in Manchester is Travelling Man.

I don't live there, so I haven't a clue where exactly it is (I know of its existance through some friends), but a quick google seach should point you in the right direction.
    edited August 2011
    BTW Marcus, welcome to the community! :)
    edited August 2011
    I don't know any specific store names offhand, but I know that the UK distributor Esdevium has generally been one of our better distributor customers -- they've gotta be out there somewhere.

Three years ago, IIRC, I saw some Hero books at a game shop very near the British Museum, but I don't recall the name of the place.
    edited August 2011
    The first place that comes to mind in Manchester is Travelling Man.

This.

Also I have seen a few of the lore books in the Manchester Forbidden Planet shop, although if I remember correctly they were older editions.
    edited August 2011
    This.

Also I have seen a few of the lore books in the Manchester Forbidden Planet shop, although if I remember correctly they were older editions.

If you have a local Forbidden Planet then that's always a good place to start, even if they don't have it in you should be able to get them to order you one if you ask nicely.
    edited August 2011
    Hi all, my first post on the forums!

My question is does anyone know where I can purchase the Champions book in the UK, specifically in the Manchester area?
    I know I could download PDFs from Hero Games but I have a thing for books.

Thanks guys.

I live in Newcastle in the UK, and regularly go into both Travelling Man and Forbidden Planet and haven't seen any Champions books in either store :(