test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone know what books have artwork of Mechanon?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I've been looking for some good pictures of Mechanon for an art project I'm working on. I've got the Champions Universe book which has a nice one, and just got that villains compilation one that was posted here for another. I'm especially interested in one that has side or rear view of him (it?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Book of the Machine is all about Mechanon, full of picture goodness.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Buying the PDF now, thanks a lot! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mechanon approves of PDFs! - foolish fleshy organics and their plant-based information storage!.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here's something ingame that I found. It's a Mysticism item in the desert called Shrine of Mechanon, or something along those lines.

Clicky!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks again Loganius, I'll have to take another look at those shrines too.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Delemon wrote:
    I've been looking for some good pictures of Mechanon for an art project I'm working on. I've got the Champions Universe book which has a nice one, and just got that villains compilation one that was posted here for another. I'm especially interested in one that has side or rear view of him (it?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Here is a quote from the Horse's mouth. Note Mechanon's appearance has evolved as he continues to improve himself.
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Mechanon first appeared in 1985, as discussed in (among other books) Champions Universe, Champions Villlains, Vol. 1, and The Book Of The Machine. You can get the full details in BotM, of course, though a significant chunk of 'em are in CV1 as well. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    IIRC, there is a picture of him in the latest CU book, which is what I think he would like like in game.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I got bored so I made a Mechanon costume last night(based on the comic version). Now, hopefully, there will be an image upgrade(like what happened with Foxbat, for example) before he hits live...but it was a fun little project.:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Loganius wrote:
    Here's something ingame that I found. It's a Mysticism item in the desert called Shrine of Mechanon, or something along those lines.
    That's a mysticism crafting node; they're scattered in snake gulch.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I also recommend looking for Champions Enemies: Villainy Unbound. Sure, it's 1st/2nd edition, but the Engineer is an interesting take on Mechanon.

Also, keep in mind that Mechanon is NOT a cybernetic version of Foxbat. The ATM and preachers as seen in Champions Online have very little to do with the Mechanon from the pen and paper game.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Th-kaal wrote:
    I also recommend looking for Champions Enemies: Villainy Unbound. Sure, it's 1st/2nd edition, but the Engineer is an interesting take on Mechanon.

Also, keep in mind that Mechanon is NOT a cybernetic version of Foxbat. The ATM and preachers as seen in Champions Online have very little to do with the Mechanon from the pen and paper game.

I never really got the impression that he was anything like Foxbat. I saw him as an evil computer that was "brainwashing" sentient robots to hate and kill all organic life, and the preachers enforced this.

What's this thing about the ATM, though?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Engineer is also updated for 5th edition in Villainy Amok, and for 6th edition in Champions Villains, Volume 3.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Loganius wrote:

What's this thing about the ATM, though?

Go to the comic store in Westside. Check around the corner from the Defender Fanboy.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i have a picture of mechanon from 1989 champions the super heroic system by I.C.E. in his description states there are an infinite number of him and when he gets defeated a new version appears with defences against those which beat him. so there is static look to him. he becomes whatever he needs to be each time hes defeated.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ah....good ol' Ultron....I mean Mechanon.....
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Blitz1 wrote:
    Ah....good ol' Ultron....I mean Mechanon.....

most champions characters are I suspect inspired by DC or marvel comics. which actually makes sense, in a super hero RPG folks are gonna wanna take on foes reminiscant of their favorite bad guys from the comics
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Crosschan wrote:
    Ok, I got bored so I made a Mechanon costume last night(based on the comic version). Now, hopefully, there will be an image upgrade(like what happened with Foxbat, for example) before he hits live...but it was a fun little project.:cool:

I posted something similar a few months ago.