test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

European heroes?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I managed to find some information about Eurostar (at least their names) here on the forums, but what other European heroes/supergroups are there? Or is super heroes a mainly US occurrence?

Are there any UK heroes/supergroups? German? French? Nordic? Slavic? Italian?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Eurostar is actually a villain team, but as far as hero teams? Aside from various individual heroes, there's a hero team for:

UK = New Knights of the Round Table & the London Watch
    France = the Sixteenth Bureau (also known as the Vanguard)

And with Germany, they do have heroes though Germany has a general animosity towards superpowered beings and such. For more info though, I'd check the Champions Universe PnP book.
    edited August 2011
    Eurostar is actually a villain team, but as far as hero teams? Aside from various individual heroes, there's a hero team for:

UK = New Knights of the Round Table & the London Watch
    France = the Sixteenth Bureau (also known as the Vanguard)

And with Germany, they do have heroes though Germany has a general animosity towards superpowered beings and such. For more info though, I'd check the Champions Universe PnP book.
    Oops, mea culpa on the Eurostar - as you can tell I know next to nothing of the Champions Universe :)

And that's why I was asking you guys - you're the experts!
    edited August 2011
    The aforementioned Champions Universe has a chapter on "Superhumans Around The World," noting and briefly describing prominent local heroes and villains. Europe has perhaps the largest and liveliest supers community outside of North America.

There's also an entire sourcebook for the PnP game, Champions Worldwide, delving in-depth into international superhuman activity.
    edited August 2011
    The aforementioned Champions Universe has a chapter on "Superhumans Around The World," noting and briefly describing prominent local heroes and villains. Europe has perhaps the largest and liveliest supers community outside of North America.

There's also an entire sourcebook for the PnP game, Champions Worldwide, delving in-depth into international superhuman activity.
    Okay, seems I have to pay my gaming store a visit then :)
    edited August 2011
    I dunno about modern 6th edition books but I know for 5th edition there was a sourcebook titled "champions worldwide" that deals with super heros outside the USA and Canada. that might contain info your looking for. I THINK you can still buy the PDFs
    edited August 2011
    Mexico-Los Angeles de la Guarda
    France- Sixteenth Bureau
    Russia- Eusskiye Zashchitniki
    India- Mumbai Santari
    China- Tiger Squad

These are from the 6th ed book and the major teams. For the record all powered beings in china are either part of the Tiger Squad or considered outlaws. Hopes this was some help.
    edited August 2011
    And let's not forget the classic 3rd edition "Kingdom of Champions", which focused entirely on the heroes of the British Isles. The section on British terminology alone was worth the read...

Hey, I know it's not "up-to-date" with canon, but I'm still a junky for the 1st through 3rd edition stuff...

:)
    edited August 2011
    From the British Isles' supers scene description in Champions Universe 6E, several of the old Kingdom Of Champions characters and concepts have been carried forward to the new continuity: the New Knights of the Round Table, the London Watch (even the listed members have the same names), the Night-watch, the Fomorians.

Hero Games management have long said they want to do an updated KOC -- that was one of the reasons the British Isles weren't delved into more in Champions Worldwide. Unfortunately they've reportedly been held back so far by a lack of someone with the combination of knowledge of the current HERO System, knowledge of the region, and game-writing credentials. Apparently there's no British equivalent to Scott Bennie on the horizon. ;)
    edited August 2011
    From the British Isles' supers scene description in Champions Universe 6E, several of the old Kingdom Of Champions characters and concepts have been carried forward to the new continuity: the New Knights of the Round Table, the London Watch (even the listed members have the same names), the Nigh****ch, the Fomorians.

Hero Games management have long said they want to do an updated KOC -- that was one of the reasons the British Isles weren't delved into more in Champions Worldwide. Unfortunately they've reportedly been held back so far by a lack of someone with the combination of knowledge of the current HERO System, knowledge of the region, and game-writing credentials. Apparently there's no British equivalent to Scott Bennie on the horizon. ;)

Really forum censor? You censored Nigh****ch like that? I don't even have a joke for this...
    edited August 2011
    Really forum censor? You censored Nigh****ch like that? I don't even have a joke for this...

Heh. I should have double-checked my post. I edited it -- non-standard spelling, but at least it's legible.

Just try writing the title to the female equivalent of a duke. :rolleyes: