test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Team Queuing

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Controls and Interface
So myself and several of my SG pals went to queue for Nemcon today. On top of being unresponsive and weird, the queue system went and teamed up four of us with a random person and kicked our other team mate.

Now I don't have anything against being teamed with a random person, but I DO have something against the GAME telling me that I can't come in with my fully formed group of friends. I'm not sure whether to put this under UI or Champions General, but regardless, this is a glitch, and if it isn't, this is a REALLY fast way to **** off people who want to play your game.

I know you guys are trying to make queuing for lairs an easier affair in general, but after we take the time to gather up a group of friends to run something and then we get random teamed anyway, it's extremely offensive. And before you ask, we queued as team. TWICE. Separate people doing the queing, after reforming the group from scratch.

This is unacceptable behavior in a game designed to be played with other people and ostensibly friends.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Tau41 wrote:
    So myself and several of my SG pals went to queue for Nemcon today. On top of being unresponsive and weird, the queue system went and teamed up four of us with a random person and kicked our other team mate.

Now I don't have anything against being teamed with a random person, but I DO have something against the GAME telling me that I can't come in with my fully formed group of friends. I'm not sure whether to put this under UI or Champions General, but regardless, this is a glitch, and if it isn't, this is a REALLY fast way to **** off people who want to play your game.

I know you guys are trying to make queuing for lairs an easier affair in general, but after we take the time to gather up a group of friends to run something and then we get random teamed anyway, it's extremely offensive. And before you ask, we queued as team. TWICE. Separate people doing the queing, after reforming the group from scratch.

This is unacceptable behavior in a game designed to be played with other people and ostensibly friends.

Your best bet, to avoid weird queue behavior, is to queue up for Nemcon as a team of 5.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kamokami wrote:
    Your best bet, to avoid weird queue behavior, is to queue up for Nemcon as a team of 5.

I think Tau is saying he had a full team and it booted one of his premade teammates for a random single person who was in queue. If that's what happened I can understand why he'd be upset and I agree that it's crap.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Is it possible that your original 5th member disconnected while in the queue, or was otherwise unresponsive, and thus the queue system had to find another 5th member?

I forget which hero game it was, if it was DCUO or CO or CoH but *sometimes* a person would d/c but would still be in the team-list for a while. It was rare, but happened to my team more than once.

Just saying, are you sure #5 was still online by the time the game finally placed your group?

Otherwise, that would annoy me greatly too.