Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I got a hole burning in my pocket here, when's it coming out? :D
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Loganius wrote:
    I got a hole burning in my pocket here, when's it coming out? :D

This is what was listed on Hero Games' Site.
    Not too much to report this week — at this time of year, we stay pretty busy doing all the various chores necessary to make sure we have a good summer con season. In Fred’s case, that means chugging away on the layout for Champions Beyond. He’s finished the first four or five chapters so far, and from the samples he’s sent me it’s looking pretty darn good — and of course the text is first-rate! :)

I'm sure Steve Long has more current news that I could offer.
    edited April 2011
    Fred's continuing to make good progress on Champions Beyond's layout. He's about 200 pages into what I'm estimating's going to be about a 300-page book.

The artists are also doing excellent work. Not all the illustrations have been turned in yet, but the ones I've seen have been top-notch. I particularly liked one by the Fraim Bros. that Fred sent me, depicting a squad of Golden Hunters of Malva, and several John Grigni illos of StarGuard and related subjects. The Sam Kennedy cover is also shaping up very nicely.

I'll keep you posted as developments develop. Continuing with the "space" theme, I'm currently editing the latest edition of our Science Fiction genre book, Star Hero, but I'll make some time to stop by CO occasionally with an update. ;)
    edited May 2011
    Latest update: I am reviewing the layouts for CBY (as we call it ;) ) this week and next. If all goes well (including Cryptic approvals) it may be on sale as a PDF as early as late next week, or early the week after, and in our printing queue as well of course. ;)