test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hero Games 2012 PnP schedule

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Just announced at DunDraCon: supplements for the long-standing PnP version of the greatest FtP superhero MMO in the world, along with other fine (and long awaited) books using the HERO system. Be a hero!

Please note that there isn't necessarily a correlation between books being published on a subject for the PnP line, and future CO content. So just because the IHA shows up in a book, don't assume Cryptic has an IHA adventure pack in the works for release at the same time. However, it does mean that these subjects will be fleshed out in ways that could make for cool adventure ideas in CO's future!

THE 2012 RELEASE SCHEDULE

The Martial World: The Champions Universe is full of superheroic martial arts action, and The Martial World tells you all about it! Within its pages you’ll read about the secrets of the fabled Yengtao Temple, discover what the insidious Dr. Yin Wu is up to, learn everything you ever wanted to know about the deadly Cult of the Red Banner, and maybe even find out how your character can compete in the legendary Tournament of the Dragon!
Author: Steven S. Long
Tentative Release Date: Early 2012

HERO System Vehicles: If you need to get from Point A to Point B, the best way is a car, plane, or other vehicle — and if you’re a hero, sometimes a tank, time machine, or hoverjet! The HERO System Vehicle Guide is your complete guide to vehicles in the HERO System, including advanced and expanded rules for creating and using them and hundreds of example vehicles of all types from every campaign, genre, and time period. It’s an essential resource for any HERO System gamer!
Tentative Release Date: Early 2012

Horror Hero: The most terrifying genre of all gets the HERO System treatment in Horror Hero, the latest genre book from Hero Games! Horror Hero provides everything you need to run a Horror game using the HERO System rules, including an examination of the genre, its subgenres, and its elements; guidelines for creating and playing Horror characters (including very low-powered characters); rules for stress, corruption, and insanity; and advice on gamemastering Horror games.
Author: Kenneth Hite, Jason Walters, and Darren Watts
Tentative Release Date: Mid-2012

Cyber Hero: In Cyberpunk Science Fiction, the world of the near future is an often grim place where corporations have more power than governments, crime and corruption rule the streets, and people augment their bodies with “cyberware” and “bioware” so they can move faster, attack more powerfully, and control machines with mental commands. Cyber Hero is your guide to this fascinating subgenre, including character Templates, rules for cyberware and the net, and several mini-settings to get you started.

Victorian Hero: The adventurous world of the nineteenth century springs to life in Victorian Hero, your guide to gaming in the Victorian Age using the HERO System rules. It includes an analysis of the Victorian genre and its elements; Templates and guidelines for creating and playing Victorian characters; an entire arsenal of Steampunk equipment and gadgets; a review of the world of the Victorian Age; advice for GMing Victorian games; character sheets for famous personalities of the era; and much more!
Authors: Steven S. Long
Tentative Release Date: Mid-2012 (GenCon release)

Millennium City: The heart of the Champions Universe is Millennium City, a glittering, high-tech “City of the Future” built where Detroit once stood. This supplement is your complete guide to Millennium City, with information on its people, neighborhoods, politics, law enforcement, crime, and much more!
Authors: Steven S. Long, Darren Watts

Profit And Purity: This organizations book for Champions details two groups: the villainous technocratic profiteers of ARGENT, who arm the underworld with the latest gadgetry and try to subvert corporations and governments worldwide; and the Institute for Human Advancement, an anti-superhuman lobbying organization whose secret activities are far more violent and criminal than most members could ever imagine.
Tentative Release Date: Late 2012

Cthulhu Hero: The world of Lovecraftian horror springs to eerie life in Cthulhu Hero! Written by Lovecraft expert Ken Hite and HERO expert Steve Long, Cthulhu Hero provides a thorough review of the settings and creatures of the Cthulhu Mythos, including character sheets for gods, monsters, and renowned Mythos investigators; advice for inserting the Mythos into any setting or genre; and tips for gamemastering Cthulhu and his pals.
Author: Kenneth Hite, Steven S. Long
Tentative Release Date: Late 2012
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I can hardly wait, thanks for the announcement!
    edited February 2011
    You know, when I first pitched the "clean-up" crisis zone for MC (which Cryptic did answer....with a cut scene....BUT I STILL APPRICIATE THE ATTENTION O_O), I had conceptualized the end of the crisis with a show down with warped protestors who think that the worlds super heroes are holding back human development by their involvement in things.

The Institute for Human Advancement would be perfect for that.
    edited March 2011
    Thundrax...is your character the actual character from Champions lore?
    edited March 2011
    Thundrax...is your character the actual character from Champions lore?

Yeah. He's my PC from the SUNDER campaign we played from 1983-1989. Mark "Avenger" Derringer was also a PC in that game. I also played him as a PC in Sean Fannon's UNTIL supers game in the mid-1990s and in some con games that George MacDonald ran at the same time.

When the time came to write Champions of the North, he and the other SUNDER characters were added to the background in largely minor roles. SUNDER was the wellspring of a number of characters in Villainy Unbound (Borealis, Invictus, Malachite, PLUNDER) and the 1993 VIPER book (VIPER Force-1). Justiciar was an NPC in that game, but the current NPC only shares a name with him, as his background and powers were completely rewritten for COTN.

When the time came to run a PC in Champions Online, Thundrax was a logical choice, and I've had a lot of fun with him.
    edited March 2011
    Thundrax wrote:
    Yeah. He's my PC from the SUNDER campaign we played from 1983-1989. Mark "Avenger" Derringer was also a PC in that game. I also played him as a PC in Sean Fannon's UNTIL supers game in the mid-1990s and in some con games that George MacDonald ran at the same time.

When the time came to write Champions of the North, he and the other SUNDER characters were added to the background in largely minor roles. SUNDER was the wellspring of a number of characters in Villainy Unbound (Borealis, Invictus, Malachite, PLUNDER) and the 1993 VIPER book (VIPER Force-1). Justiciar was an NPC in that game, but the current NPC only shares a name with him, as his background and powers were completely rewritten for COTN.

When the time came to run a PC in Champions Online, Thundrax was a logical choice, and I've had a lot of fun with him.

That's awesome.

Was reading through the Champions Universe and came across Thundrax...so I had to ask.