test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typical Empyrean Powers

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
*Kirbish* Hiiiii! */Kirbish*

I've been looking for more details regarding typical power suites common to Empyrean, specifically within the Champions Universe Sourcebook, in order to figure out a proper conversion into CO. However, I'm not exactly good at interpreting the Hero System's mechanics and so I could use some help making sense of it all.

Specifically, I am looking into a plain explanation of traits common to all Empyreans, as well as maybe some guidelines as to how Superpowers were portrayed within Empyreans in the past. Like for instance, I have access to the "Human Child of an Empyrean" Template, and I was wondering whether there are some guidelines or predictable patterns along which true Empyrean powers would develop.

Thank you.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think you'd be interested in the characteristics of Empyreans and their offspring as detailed in Hidden Lands > Empyrean Characters p:56 thru 64. Stats of Empyreans, stats of their Human child offspring, motivations, appearences, history and a few case studies of notable Empyreans in the past.

Probably be good to download the PDF and have a read. :)
    edited March 2011
    I think you'd be interested in the characteristics of Empyreans and their offspring as detailed in Hidden Lands > Empyrean Characters p:56 thru 64. Stats of Empyreans, stats of their Human child offspring, motivations, appearences, history and a few case studies of notable Empyreans in the past.

Probably be good to download the PDF and have a read.

Thanks, though I should probably finish Champions Villains : Volume 2 before buying any more PDFs...

*Sad Kirbish* Poyoooo... */Sad Kirbish*

In any case, I gave it another shot using the Champion Universe Sourcebook and came up with the following conclusion. Basically, Empyreans are simply humans whose basic traits are extremely exaggerated. They're tougher, stronger and have better mental capabilities than your average human. (And they know it, as evidenced by higher PRE)

As far as Superpowers goes, all Empyreans have access to Graviton-Manipulating Flight and are generally more resistant to just about anything.

So I'm guessing I can probably get away with using Clobber as my Energy Builder, get Flight as my travel power and use Invulnerability as my passive in order to come up with an Empyrean-like character; with maybe some Ice powers similar to the Template for good measure.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, looks like you're the good with those starting powers for the typical Empyrean.

The way I read it...about their powers (beyond the typical)...is that they can be whatever relate to you and your interests. Meaning that the patterns of development would not necessarily be predictable.
    edited March 2011
    You can find a Template for Empyrean (and half-Empyrean) characters, and six example "packages" of Empyrean powers, on page 99 of Champions Universe.