test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Int Tooltip vs Cooldowns

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Power Discussion
Currently my sorc has 380 Int with the inclusion of AoPM. The Int tooltip states I receive +54% cooldown reduction. In actuality it is less. Taking rebirth for example as it's base cooldown is 10 minutes (easy number to work with). Rebirth for my sorc coolsdown in 6minutes 29 seconds. Active Defenses have cooldowns of 54 seconds.

Number crunchers please explain.

I see a couple of possibilities for this:

1. AoPM boost to stats does not affect their effectiveness. (unlikely as i'm noticing crits and bigger heals with it)
2. Int has a softcap on cooldowns (most likely), yet the tooltip should reflect my actual boost in which case this would become a dev issue.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    it's Cryptic math, it is applied it as 1/(1+X), gives diminishing returns

.54 means 1/(1+ 0.54) = .649

.649*90s = 58s
    .649 * 10min = 6.5 min
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    it's Cryptic math, it is applied it as 1/(1+X), gives diminishing returns

.54 means 1/(1+ 0.54) = .649

.649*90s = 58s
    .649 * 10min = 6.5 min

My active defenses are 54 seconds though, which lead me to believe it was a bit off. Either way it would be nice if the tooltip stated the actual reduction vs forcing me to do math :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vexor wrote:
    My active defenses are 54 seconds though, which lead me to believe it was a bit off. Either way it would be nice if the tooltip stated the actual reduction vs forcing me to do math :)

The reason they don't state actual values is because the actual value is dependent on other cooldown reduction sources you might have (ie, gear).