test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A New Mayor for Mc?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
This seems like lore question that would affect the current game play, how much longer does mayor bussley have in office. And if you had to guss from Champions Lore who would take his place. Would he or she be a villain ((Like me ;) )) or be retired hero working in politic? ((Like Mike Hagar?)).
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mayor Biselle is currently up for election again in 2012 (the last time term-limit laws allow him to run), and is favored to win again.
    edited January 2011
    How can he not? The man has his finger on the pulse of today's issues! He asks all the important questions!

Is our children learning?!?!?!
    edited January 2011
    How can he not? The man has his finger on the pulse of today's issues! He asks all the important questions!

Is our children learning?!?!?!

Indeed! And he moves us with his inspiring, lofty rhetoric:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! That and, uh, rampaging Super Villains."
    edited January 2011
    -Seismic- wrote:
    Indeed! And he moves us with his inspiring, lofty rhetoric:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! That and, uh, rampaging Super Villains."

I am, indeed, truly inspired.

Mayor Biselle for another TERM!

Steve, make sure it happens!
    edited January 2011
    That's it. I'm going to go all Heath Shuler on you and run for mayor of Millennium City myself. Even though I'm ineligible because I'm not a resident of the city.
    edited January 2011
    I see someone beat me to it. Yup, Mayor Biselle can run again, and unless Cryptic comes up with a better idea I daresay he'll win again.

As to who'll run for the position when he has to leave -- I have no idea yet. However, I'll be working on a new Millennium City supplement later this year, and that subject will no doubt come up!
    edited January 2011
    An interesting possibility: Medusa is active in Millennium City politics, and serves as the City Administrator of MC in her secret civilian identity of Madeline Bell; this is actually an active plot point in CO as she is psionically manipulating the police (and, less directly, superheroes) to fight as proxies in PSI's conflict with Kevin Poe and the New Purple Gang. As such, she would be pretty well situated for a "Medusa for Mayor" storyline.
    edited January 2011
    I would guess that Cryptic is too busy/lazy to re-do all the nemesis, tutorial, etc missions centered around him to suddenly change him.
    edited January 2011
    Supreme56 wrote:
    I would guess that Cryptic is too busy/lazy to re-do all the nemesis, tutorial, etc missions centered around him to suddenly change him.

I wouldn't call it laziness.

I like that he is the mayor and I don't want it changed anytime soon.

Also...he was mayor in the CU before CO even came out.
    edited January 2011
    As much as I think it would be awsome to see it change, it would recquire resvisting both the tutorial and the quest chain in MC to rescue Briana. Maybe next election, and I would so vote for a Mike Haggar type of character to become mayor.
    edited January 2011
    Biselles had his day, I say we vote Grond for mayor after all he is far too stupid to lie and is strong enough not to get kidnapped by rampaging supervillains, thusly would be the ideal politician

the only drawback is the bullet for Bisell....er Grond mission online would be amazingly easy
    edited January 2011
    Biselles had his day, I say we vote Grond for mayor after all he is far too stupid to lie and is strong enough not to get kidnapped by rampaging supervillains, thusly would be the ideal politician

the only drawback is the bullet for Bisell....er Grond mission online would be amazingly easy

I love this. Grond can run for mayor as his alter ego, Jack Wiley, the highly educated lawyer socialite who has an untamed genome and was born with four arms. Viper is the only organization to see through this elaborate disguise and the "Bullet for Bisell" open mission would be turned into Viper trying to capture Grond... except it would be easy since Grond would immediately romp all the henchmen and Viper-X is too much of a wimp to come out and fight.
    edited January 2011
    Well, re-election isn't scheduled until 2012, right? Should Biselle loose, when exactly would the mayor-elect actually take the office? We're looking at not altering mission chains until sometime 2012, possibly not even needing to have them lifve before 2013.

This really opens up opportunities. There's no need to alter anything in CO at all for the rest of 2011. In 2012, the lead-up to and the election itself could actually serve as a series of time-limited events in CO. Finally, shaking up mission chains and Bullet bound... in late 2012/early 2013 might be a good thing in terms of refreshing the game.
    edited January 2011
    Mayor Biselle has my vote. I have invested too much time saving his live from Viper-X just to let someone else get in office. Had I wanted him out I would have stood back and watched as he was taken out by Viper.