test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHAMPIONS VILLAINS Volume 1 Now Available!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
The printed copies of Champions Villains: Volume 1 (Master Villains) have arrived at our warehouses! The book is now available through the Online Store at www.herogames.com, and will soon be available at other retailers (depending on the speed of the shipping and distribution systems to various parts of the US and the world, naturally). Some of the fiendish foes you’ll find between its covers include:

—Dr. Destroyer
—Gravitar
—Istvatha V’han
—King Cobra
—Mechanon
—Menton
—Shadow Destroyer
—the Slug
—Takofanes the Archlich
—Teleios, the Perfect Man
—Tyrannon the Conqueror
—the Warlord
—Dr. Yin Wu

Check it out!

https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=250449
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Woohoo! I'm heading over to piratebay to get these right now!

KIDDING! KIDDING!
    edited October 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    —Dr. Yin Wu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUou_DwDHns

Are you with me, Doctor?
    edited October 2010
    I think my love for Steely Dan's music is a matter of record amongst the Hero community. ;) But in fact that was just a happy coincidence; I came up with the name by translating "dark magic" (IIRC) into Chinese words.
    edited October 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    I think my love for Steely Dan's music is a matter of record amongst the Hero community. ;) But in fact that was just a happy coincidence; I came up with the name by translating "dark magic" (IIRC) into Chinese words.

Chinese speaker here. I'd read it as 'Dark War' or 'Dark Warfare'.

Martial arts is 'Wushu' and mysticism is 'Moshu', which is where the confusion might have arisen. Those are two-word constructs; 'shu' just means arts or techniques.

Having said that, you really wouldn't want to call him 'Yin Mo', because that's just silly-sounding in any language. Yin Wu sounds fine even to Chinese aesthetics.

(as an aside, there are a couple of obvious language errors in the Asian Champions Universe and Tiger Squad writeups, but by and large you guys did a pretty good job with the Chinese at least...I can't speak for other languages!)
    edited October 2010
    Since I'm not a native Chinese speaker myself, I just go with what my dictionaries tell me... which no doubt means things occasionally get mangled or taken out of context. But as long as it just sounds accurate, that's good enough for 99% of our readers I expect. ;)
    edited November 2010
    uh...nice, like city of villains
    edited November 2010
    watopei wrote:
    uh...nice, like city of villains

This isn't an expansion to a computer game, this is for a book regarding the backgrounds of various villains in the Champions Universe, both pen and paper and CO.
    edited November 2010
    Loganius is correct! ;)

And don't forget that Volume 2 (Villain Teams) is currently on sale as a PDF (and soon in book form). I'm in the midst of the final edits/corrections on Volume 3 (Solo Villains), so look for that PDF soon too! :)
    edited November 2010
    Gonna pick these books up then try to do a conversion to M&M3 so i can throw some of the villains at my group as surprises(they want to play DC universe) also they will come in handy for other supers games and no doubt prove indespensible for the mmo :)