test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vampire Lore

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
So, I've been trying to look into Champions vampire lore and have found it very thin on the ground. Since I've made a vampire character in game and would like to know a bit more about them in Champions lore. If anyone can provide information, or correct what I know or give more detail then that would be much appreciated :)

What I've gathered is something like: Vampires abilities are passed down through family/clan lines, meaning that certain clans can have different attributes, weaknesses and looks. As an example the Draculs seem to be a very classic vampire clan, e.g weak to sunlight.

Vampire clans and werewolves were, over a thousand years ago, in some kind of state of constant fighting and civil war between clans and species. Then at some point, all the creatures of the night were like, hey lets not do this. And made peace, that lasted for about a thousand years (The Long peace)

So, then I have also found out a little about The Van Helsing Act (Which may be out of canon now), which, allowing vampires to be given amnesty for past crime, and citizenship, also requires them to hunt/report/arrest vampires not covered by the act. Causing an end to The Long Peace. other aspects of the law allow vampires to feed from criminals they arrest (although not supported or encouraged)

So basically, is this information (still) correct? A few other things I would be interested in knowing.

Origin of vampires (I read somewhere that "The Dragon" created Vampirism and Lycanthropy)
Are vampires immortal? Would it be plausible to have a vampire who was alive thousands of years ago?
Uuuh, anything else that might be useful to know?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The CU has never really had much in the way of official vampire lore, or for that matter very many vampire characters. It would definitely be an interesting concept to explore a bit further, though; if mood and time allow perhaps I'll delve into a bit more in a PDF product or something. ;)

Offhand the only place I can recall that we talk about them specifically is page 60 of The Mystic World (one of my favorite 5E Champions supplements), but there isn't really much there to satisfy your curiosity, just a brief mention of them.
    edited September 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    The CU has never really had much in the way of official vampire lore, or for that matter very many vampire characters. It would definitely be an interesting concept to explore a bit further, though; if mood and time allow perhaps I'll delve into a bit more in a PDF product or something. ;)

Offhand the only place I can recall that we talk about them specifically is page 60 of The Mystic World (one of my favorite 5E Champions supplements), but there isn't really much there to satisfy your curiosity, just a brief mention of them.

Perhaps some info could fit into a small section in Mythic Hero, particularly folk legends on Dracula and how they evolved into modern stories about vampires. Because, y'know, that book is going to be *so* short of material. :)
    edited October 2010
    Well, I wouldn't put it in Mythic Hero, because that's not a Champions Universe supplement.

If what you want is general information about vampires in the HERO System, though, you're in luck. Over the weekend I completed a new Hero Plus Adventure called Bloodsucker Rampage, which features character sheets for 13 different types of vampires from folklore and fiction around the world. It's in layout now and should be available in our Online Store in the not too distant future... just in time for Halloween! ;)