test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding Lemurians and other undersea civilizations...

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
So after exploring some of the really cool parts of Lemuria in-game, I've stumbled across some pieces of lore that made me wonder about the whole zone and associated lore...

(WARNING; Possible spoilers ahead!!!)

So one piece of lore says that the Bleak Ones shaped or created the reptilian/amphibian Lemurians. Another piece says that some of those very same Lemurians reshaped themselves into human form to escape their enslavment/servitude to the Bleak Ones, and that they went to the surface. Did the human-form Lemurians interbreed with regular humans at all? Are there human-Lemurian hybrids? I'm assuming human form Lemurians cannot breath under water as the ones we see are wearing helmets, and there's a mission to fix their oxygen pumps.

You encounter a prince of Atlantis at one point. There's mention that they are there to make sure the Lemurian civil war doesn't spread too far. Is Atlantis significantly more powerful than Lemuria? Have they clashed much in the past? How powerful are Atlanteans compared to devolved or human form Lemurians? How different is the level of technological advancement?

You also encounter the Karkaradons (sp?). It seems they were brought into this dimension from somewhere else. Are they basically just muscle hired by Shadow Destroyer? They seem to have some pretty good tech if the magic battery thing Juryrig needed for the Vibora Bay crisis is any indicator...

What about the Empyrians? It's mentioned that they're immortal, but all we see are their constructs. Are those constructs simply leftover from some previous war, and the whereabouts of the Empyrians are currently unknown? What sparked the Lemurian-Empyrian war in the first place? Just how advanced is there tech?

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    biostem wrote:
    You encounter a prince of Atlantis at one point. There's mention that they are there to make sure the Lemurian civil war doesn't spread too far. Is Atlantis significantly more powerful than Lemuria? Have they clashed much in the past? How powerful are Atlanteans compared to devolved or human form Lemurians? How different is the level of technological advancement?

Yeah, they've clashed in the past. Atlantis is more mystical than tech. They also can breath underwater unassisted. They have their own backstory on how they've become an aquatic sub-species. Which is also I assume why they look different in game than human-form Lemurians.
    biostem wrote:
    You also encounter the Karkaradons (sp?). It seems they were brought into this dimension from somewhere else. Are they basically just muscle hired by Shadow Destroyer? They seem to have some pretty good tech if the magic battery thing Juryrig needed for the Vibora Bay crisis is any indicator...

They're basically an alternate dimensions (Multifaria) version of the Lemurians, instead of Lizards they're sharks in that dimension. I think they use mystech like the Lemurians.
    biostem wrote:
    What about the Empyrians? It's mentioned that they're immortal, but all we see are their constructs. Are those constructs simply leftover from some previous war, and the whereabouts of the Empyrians are currently unknown? What sparked the Lemurian-Empyrian war in the first place? Just how advanced is there tech?

Arvad mentions that the constructs are a gift from his brother. Empyreans reside in Arcadia I believe in the Artic Circle. They're are less up them, but they're a town of supermen. Think Marvels Eternals & DC's New Gods.
    edited September 2010
    The Lemurian History is a long one. The were once a repitilian race that could shape change. They took human form for a number of reasons. Andrith cast a spell which caused them to become human. That was around 36,854 BC. Lemuria used to be an island, but they sank it when they set off the Mandragalore during the war with the Arcadians, that was around 36,694 BC. After that, the opted to live under the water, so they constructed domes to live in. Only in the last two hundred year or so, since Arvad showed up, did Khusor make the pact with the Bleak Ones to turn them back into reptiles.

Lemurians are the enemies of both the Atlanteans and Arcadians. But I don't really think that they do much anymore.

Prince Marus and Stingray (who is actually a princess) are the children of queen mara of Atlantis. Atlantis was at one point huge and had a vast empire, except for Lemuria and Arcadia.

So one could argue that Atlantis was probably more powerful, until the great cataclysm, (they had a big war on the island), and it sunk. At that point Poseidon changed those who had not died into into sea-dwellers.

IIRC, the Empyreans were created by aliens mucking about with humans, when humans weren't quite human yet.

it's funny though, they are spread out all over the place. Lemuria is in the atlantic, Atlantis is in the Pacific and the Empyreans are in Antarctica.
    edited September 2010
    Lohr wrote:
    ...it's funny though, they are spread out all over the place. Lemuria is in the atlantic, Atlantis is in the Pacific and the Empyreans are in Antarctica.

Might have that one reversed, I thought Lemuria was in the Indian Ocean and Atlantis in the Atlantic? You could be right cause I'm going only off of memory.

Also, one thing I always wondered is what's up with Khusor? What I remember from the PnP lore is that he's actually an Empyrean shapeshifter that was mindwiped by Arvad to take the original Khusor's place; though in game, it's seems that he's just being treated as another Lemurian. I figured Arvad could just switch him back to being Empyrean at anytime.
    edited September 2010
    Might have that one reversed, I thought Lemuria was in the Indian Ocean and Atlantis in the Atlantic? You could be right cause I'm going only off of memory.

Also, one thing I always wondered is what's up with Khusor? What I remember from the PnP lore is that he's actually an Empyrean shapeshifter that was mindwiped by Arvad to take the original Khusor's place; though in game, it's seems that he's just being treated as another Lemurian. I figured Arvad could just switch him back to being Empyrean at anytime.

Yeah got them backwards. You know Sky, we should discuss how to put up this stuff on the wiki.

I do remember that about Khusor. His name was Korba except Arvad grew up with him. When Arvad went off to Lemuria, Korba went with him and changed into Khusor.

And it's kinda odd because Korba is an empyrean, so either he just shape shifted into the repitllian lemurian form, which makes me wonder if someone put him up to it, or if Khusor really is supposed to be Khusor.

And it mentions that Arvad erases Korba memory of his original appearance.
    edited September 2010
    Lohr wrote:
    Yeah got them backwards. You know Sky, we should discuss how to put up this stuff on the wiki.

I have two CU books about space and stuff, so I can contribute some alien lore and whatnot to the wiki, if you're looking to put stuff like that there.
    edited September 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    I have two CU books about space and stuff, so I can contribute some alien lore and whatnot to the wiki, if you're looking to put stuff like that there.

Yah, I have all the books, I just don't quite know A) how to approach it, B) how do we footnote it if at all C) which takes precedence CO or PnP. Like the issue with Khusor. I mean there is a lot of the lore on the wiki already, but yeah, I don't know. :confused:
    edited September 2010
    Lohr wrote:

Aye, definately. I'll be online around 3PM PST, could probably figure something out then. :).
    edited September 2010
    Lohr wrote:
    Yah, I have all the books, I just don't quite know A) how to approach it, B) how do we footnote it if at all C) which takes precedence CO or PnP. Like the issue with Khusor. I mean there is a lot of the lore on the wiki already, but yeah, I don't know. :confused:

Those are toughies, here are my thoughts,

A) Add subsections to the wiki entries that would contain interesting bits of PnP lore and history, maybe even calling it "Lore and History", and add a new tag for such content called "pnp"

B) If you wanna cite it, just say "Terran Empire, pg 164", or whatever applies. Would be time consuming, but worth it once done methinks.

C) CO should DEFINITELY take priority on the wiki over the PnP content. I think it would be best to include the PnP history and lore, but not the PnP stats. Don't want to confuse the myriad of players who go there for CO content.

I think I'm going to start scanning and cropping images of the different alien races found in the CU books I have and writing a brief summary of their background so I can add that to the wiki :)
    edited September 2010
    Well, we might want to ask permission to use PnP material if we use it verbatim. CO is one thing, but if we post all the PnP stuff, then who would need to buy the books. ;) Probably same with the pictures, maybe if we limit the pics to just ones that are currently referenced in-game? the Mandaarians & Mon'dabi from the loading screens, and such. That way we set precedence that our focus remains on fleshing out CO and not the whole Champions Universe.

So I assume we'd have to do proper citations as well as put our own writing muscle into overviews of printed material. I do agree that CO material should trump PnP material where appropiate, or at least run it by HeroSteve to see what his thoughts are. He's pretty recepetive and sometimes during product development some stuff starts becoming contradictions (i.e. Qwyjibo :) ).
    edited September 2010
    Well, we might want to ask permission to use PnP material if we use it verbatim. CO is one thing, but if we post all the PnP stuff, then who would need to buy the books. ;) Probably same with the pictures, maybe if we limit the pics to just ones that are currently referenced in-game? the Mandaarians & Mon'dabi from the loading screens, and such. That way we set precedence that our focus remains on fleshing out CO and not the whole Champions Universe.

So I assume we'd have to do proper citations as well as put our own writing muscle into overviews of printed material. I do agree that CO material should trump PnP material where appropriate, or at least run it by HeroSteve to see what his thoughts are. He's pretty receptive and sometimes during product development some stuff starts becoming contradictions (i.e. Qwyjibo :) ).

Wait, the Mon'dabi are mentioned? where? That's kinda cool! :)
    edited September 2010
    Well the stuff I have been putting up there I haven't copied verbatim, but I have tried to put my own writing twist on it. :D
    edited September 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    Wait, the Mon'dabi are mentioned? where? That's kinda cool! :)

At random during the tip text of the loading screens.
    edited September 2010
    Innovator wrote:
    At random during the tip text of the loading screens.

Sweet. I'll have to pay closer attention now.
    edited September 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    Sweet. I'll have to pay closer attention now.

Yah there's all sorts of good stuff in there, like about green day with the viper.
    edited September 2010
    Sometimes.. the cut Lore pages go by before you can really read it and soak it in.
    I enjoy the cut scene loading screens.. a small slide show of them would be a nice bonus file.
    edited September 2010
    SenshiBat wrote:
    Sometimes.. the cut Lore pages go by before you can really read it and soak it in.
    I enjoy the cut scene loading screens.. a small slide show of them would be a nice bonus file.

Actually, I was thinking it'd be awesome if they added a library as a social area, and had different things you could interact with that gave you all the lore form the loading screens, and perhaps allowed you to re-read all the other pieces of lore you've already discovered. Maybe add a little "cafe" in there that sold some basic MARS stims/shields and allowed you to also sell some stuff that you didn't need. Heck, they could have a lecture hall where a professor gives a lecture about various things and you could just sit in and listen...

It'd be a really cool place to unwind and RP.
    edited September 2010
    biostem wrote:
    Actually, I was thinking it'd be awesome if they added a library as a social area, and had different things you could interact with that gave you all the lore form the loading screens, and perhaps allowed you to re-read all the other pieces of lore you've already discovered. Maybe add a little "cafe" in there that sold some basic MARS stims/shields and allowed you to also sell some stuff that you didn't need. Heck, they could have a lecture hall where a professor gives a lecture about various things and you could just sit in and listen...

It'd be a really cool place to unwind and RP.

This is an incredible idea. Put this in the suggestion section!