test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mini drivers + melee needs to go!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited July 2010 in The Hero Games
Please make this fix.

If In brawler stance you can't activate mini drivers.

Besides being infinity snared from brawler , might toons picking up mini drivers is just over kill

Can't escape, and no defense.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Fixing mini drive will not fix the issue, some people feel they need to overcompesate whent hey fight you.

For instance yesterday my level 22 concept toon got put in a game 1 v 4. I don't mind fighting 4 other people as long as they are not all melee, and in this case only 2 of them were. However one of them felt the urge to hold me with ego hold as much as possible so that I couldn't even do anything whatsoever.

Seriously people, if your ganking someone, do not use a hold on them, thats ridiculous and the single most frustating thing in the game :mad:
    edited July 2010
    Fixing mini drive will not fix the issue, some people feel they need to overcompesate whent hey fight you.

For instance yesterday my level 22 concept toon got put in a game 1 v 4. I don't mind fighting 4 other people as long as they are not all melee, and in this case only 2 of them were. However one of them felt the urge to hold me with ego hold as much as possible so that I couldn't even do anything whatsoever.

Seriously people, if your ganking someone, do not use a hold on them, thats ridiculous and the single most frustating thing in the game :mad:

Well at least it was ego hold and not soul mes.
    edited July 2010
    A lot of people dropped minidrive when it was no longer broken. That says a lot, considering it was still one of the strongest powers in the game.

Sadly, the best defense vs minidrive is (everybody now) teleport. Evasive Maneuvers and TBL should stilll keep any melee off you until the holds come in.
    edited July 2010
    nam19771 wrote:
    Well at least it was ego hold and not soul mes.

this.......
    edited July 2010
    Ego hold? We're complaining about ego hold now?

What, seriously?

I really don't have words for that.

Just huge spaces between lines of text.
    edited July 2010
    Anxiety wrote:

What, seriously?

Sometimes people get my hp to 0 and I have to hit "recover":(:(:(
    edited July 2010
    Anxiety wrote:

What, seriously?

Wow I have to laugh at your epic fail, you didn't even read what I wrote did you? LOL

I didn't say anything against ego hold or any other hold for that fact. I siad that when I'm getting beat on by 4 people because the queue system made it 4 v 1 I really don't care, what I do care about is when most fo that 4 refuse to fight me unless they can hold me during the process.

Seriously usign a hold on someone when its 4 V 1 is so completely retarded I don't have words for it.
    edited July 2010
    Wow I have to laugh at your epic fail, you didn't even read what I wrote did you? LOL

I didn't say anything against ego hold or any other hold for that fact. I siad that when I'm getting beat on by 4 people because the queue system made it 4 v 1 I really don't care, what I do care about is when most fo that 4 refuse to fight me unless they can hold me during the process.

Seriously usign a hold on someone when its 4 V 1 is so completely retarded I don't have words for it.

Which is still a retarded complaint. IF TEAMS ARE UNEVEN NO USING POWERS.

Here's a thought. Stay in the lobby.
    edited July 2010
    Anxiety wrote:
    Which is still a retarded complaint. IF TEAMS ARE UNEVEN NO USING POWERS.

Here's a thought. Stay in the lobby.
    No not really. I couldn't care less if they are gonna kb spam me or sit at 100ft and shooting me with defile, at least I can fight back. When they hold me there is nothing I can do.

I don't really see the point in holds, they are a cowards choice imo. Obviously some of my builds have holds on them, but there not actually for holding people, for instance my force toon uses it to help get more use out of the force blast adv.
    edited July 2010
    No not really. I couldn't care less if they are gonna kb spam me or sit at 100ft and shooting me with defile, at least I can fight back. When they hold me there is nothing I can do.

What in the blazes are you talking about? Knockback spam was leagues worse than getting held, and it still is, in those rare times you get to experience it. You can literally do nothing in a knockback, while in a hold you have several powers that can be used to break the power, and a few that flat out ignore it.
    edited July 2010
    Epic Fail? That post was awesome on the "Just huge spaces between lines of text." punchline alone!
    edited July 2010
    I got a bit carried away I admit, its rare that I ever get the chance to make a post that insults someone :(

Teach me the ways of the troll, pleas emasters :p
    edited July 2010
    Well, joking aside, I find the fun thing to do when the odds are bad and they don't want to play nice (have a few hang back) just teleport in circles around them (and yes pick up teleport for pvp already) until they start raging in chat.

They'll actually start quitting until teams are even, it's funny.
    edited July 2010
    Or find their squishy and one shot him till your in the lead, then sit in the lobby yelling insults and laughing while the entire team nerdragequits.

That is also great therapy for CO PvP btw. :D
    edited July 2010

Use teleport, a hold resist utility, and active abilities, whether offensive or defensive (particularly ascension, unbreakable if you turn off your auto-attack, masterful dodge, and even field surge). I've never really had an issue with holds, but then my entire playstyle is based around evasion and escape.

You may call it "cheap" or "cowardly", I call it superior tactics. I can hear all the soldiers of old crying "OMG CHEAP" as they're outmaneuvered and gunned down by Mongol horse archers!

The point is, the game supplies ample counters for holds, in items and abilities. The hold resist items do work, as does the advantage for super leap.
    edited July 2010
    Use teleport, a hold resist utility, and active abilities, whether offensive or defensive (particularly ascension, unbreakable if you turn off your auto-attack, masterful dodge, and even field surge). I've never really had an issue with holds, but then my entire playstyle is based around evasion and escape.

You may call it "cheap" or "cowardly", I call it superior tactics. I can hear all the soldiers of old crying "OMG CHEAP" as they're outmaneuvered and gunned down by Mongol horse archers!

The point is, the game supplies ample counters for holds, in items and abilities. The hold resist items do work, as does the advantage for super leap.

i think his point was,
    4 on 1 in utc
    one of the 4 was till useing a hold regardless of the fact that the out number him.... u know 4 to 1
    also 4 to 1.......

4 to 1
    edited July 2010
    But ya, like Frozen was saying - minidrive needs a major buff. It's incredibly underpowered, and now one would take it in their right mind. Juice it up Cryptic. Minidrivers are at a major disadvantage, and just fail right now.

o.O lol
    edited July 2010
    Turmoil86 wrote:
    i think his point was,
    4 on 1 in utc
    one of the 4 was till useing a hold regardless of the fact that the out number him.... u know 4 to 1
    also 4 to 1.......

4 to 1

Oh, okay, I thought it was just more "i hate holds!' complaining. I'm sorry!
    edited July 2010
    But ya, like Frozen was saying - minidrive needs a major buff. It's incredibly underpowered, and now one would take it in their right mind. Juice it up Cryptic. Minidrivers are at a major disadvantage, and just fail right now.

o.O lol

minidrive size buffz!
    edited July 2010
    Atleast 1 of them wasnt using bindings of aratron while the others charged up a force cascade or haymaker @.@ But seriously get moves that disrupt the entire team like frag grenade and just knockback/pull/root them while making a point to stay alive. No one expects you to kill anyone. But they do expect for you to die, so prove them wrong.
    edited July 2010

The word youre looking for is PvP.

Someone at Cryptic needs to be slapped about for coding that allows teams to be 4 on 1 or 5 on 1 in Team based PvP.