test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE Now Available In PDF And Character Pack Formats!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Hey folx! Just wanted to let you know that in anticipation of CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE being published in book form in just a couple more weeks, we've gone ahead and made the PDF version of the book, and the Hero Designer Character Pack for the book, available today!

You can get the PDF at: https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=247924

You can get the Character Pack at: https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=247925

The PDF will also be available at various online gaming PDF retailers shortly, just as soon as we can get it posted there. ;)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's fantastic news!
    Don't have room in my new house for all my gaming stuff :( so getting e-versions of rulebooks/ sourcebooks really works out great for me.
    edited June 2010
    1) On how many computers can I download it for that fee (getting a new computer soon)

2) What is specifically in it? Lore? Or just rules on how to play?
    edited June 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    1) On how many computers can I download it for that fee (getting a new computer soon)

2) What is specifically in it? Lore? Or just rules on how to play?

I've been able to download to multiple machines: records of the transactions stay on the Hero Games site. Once you've bought the book, you can download it as many times as you need.

The book is a collection of game lore, as developed for the PnP game, but approved for Champions Online by Cryptic. It contains game stats, but for the paper-and-pencil game, not the computer game, which as people on other threads will tell you, use two very different systems.
    edited June 2010
    Thundrax wrote:
    I've been able to download to multiple machines: records of the transactions stay on the Hero Games site. Once you've bought the book, you can download it as many times as you need.

The book is a collection of game lore, as developed for the PnP game, but approved for Champions Online by Cryptic. It contains game stats, but for the paper-and-pencil game, not the computer game, which as people on other threads will tell you, use two very different systems.

How many pages is it, are there pictures, and how much lore and we talking about? I've been wanting to get my hands on something like this I reckon.

EDIT: I'm mostly focused on alien lore in the Champions Universe. If it has significant details on that subject let me know :D
    edited June 2010
    Very cool.
    Is there a way for me to get the books and the PDF as well without having to buy em twice?
    edited June 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    How many pages is it, are there pictures, and how much lore and we talking about? I've been wanting to get my hands on something like this I reckon.

EDIT: I'm mostly focused on alien lore in the Champions Universe. If it has significant details on that subject let me know :D

The book's breakdown is as follows:

CHAPTER ONE
    GIANTS WALK AMONG US: A HISTORY OF SUPERHUMANITY (24 pages)

CHAPTER TWO
    BEING SUPERHUMAN: SUPERHUMANITY IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY (8 pages)

CHAPTER THREE
    POWERS AND SUPERPOWERS: SUPERHUMANS AND SOCIETY (29 pages)

CHAPTER FOUR
    WORLDS UPON WORLDS:THE MULTIVERSE OF THE CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE (39 pages)

CHAPTER FIVE
    WHO’S WHO IN THE CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE (24 pages).

CHAPTER SIX
    GAMING IN THE CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE (27 pages)

APPENDIX
    (Game stats for the Champions and others, about 30 pages)

INDEX
    (10 pages)

There's probably about 8 pages devoted to extraterrestrials in the book, with much more to come in Champions Beyond, which I believe will be released late this year. And yes, there are pictures, lots of color, most of them excellent, and useful sidebars for quick reference.
    edited June 2010
    You have been most superbly helpful, good sir, my thanks :D
    edited June 2010
    Are they pulling Witchcraft's hair in the pic on p.6? That's not fighting fair, surely.
    edited June 2010
    Thundrax has kindly beaten me to the punch on most of the questions. Thanx! :)
    Is there a way for me to get the books and the PDF as well without having to buy em twice?

Once we actually have the hardcopy books available (which won't be for another couple weeks), we will put up one of our "bundle deals" in the Online Store, which gives you the book + PDF for a discounted price.