test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions PnP Oil Company for Character Background

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
First, let me start by saying I have literally everything released for Champions 1st through 4th edition and almost everything for 5th and 6th. That's a lot of source material to dig through, so I'm asking you for help...

I'm working on a character background and I'm hoping someone out there can supply me with the name of an "evil" oil company from established Champions lore. Something a'la Marvel's Roxxon...

Any help would be appreciated as it would save me a ton of research...

Thanks!

:)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    ARGENT has oil assets dont they ? or is that just CO ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm. Thanks, I'll have to look into that...

Since Cryptic now owns the Champions IP, anything in game is canon. So if Argent has oil resources, Argent it is!

Thanks again for the response! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There's nothing in the CU that's exactly like Roxxon, but we have plenty of fictional corporations. Your best bet is probably ACI, Advanced Concepts Industries, which is run by Franklin Stone. Stone is the closest thing the CU has to a Lex Luthor-type master villain, though again the two aren't exactly alike. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hey Steve!

You threw a curve into my concept that had not occured to me (as I suppose a good game writer does... :))

The "evil oil company" was just going to be a name in my character's background... a source of sabotage... (it's a long story involving an alternate energy source... which, by the way, I would love to have enough room in the CO background section to actually write... *sigh* but anyway)

With your description of ACI and it's Lex type leader, I now see the possibilites of incorporating the company more firmly into my character's history... as one or multiple Nemisis' (Nemisi? Nemisises? Nemmasseuses? aw heck, Arch-enemies!)...

Thanks!

ps... I know... Nemeses... allow me my fun... :D