test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OSV secondarygear that buffs ONLY Blast Attacks

avianosavianos Posts: 6,110 Arc User
edited February 8 in Suggestions Box
Just like [Medusa's Onslaught] for combos, there should be OSV secondary exclusively to Buff only Blast Attacks and Debuffs anything else

Think about the Alternatives and more FF builds options
Not to mention it can also help Outdated Archetypes (Grimoire)
  • Rank 3 Shotgun build (BOOM STICK)
  • Rank 3 Rebuke build, you could FINALLY make a Single Target celestial DPS without having to wait for Celestial revamp! And Rebuke's animation goes hard
  • NON-Toggle PA Blasts! That I feel they gone wasted and lack Debuffs and Utilities
    • Power Gauntlet
    • Tactical Missiles
    • Rocket Punch! IMAGINE! a Viable Rocket Punch DPS
  • Rank 3 Eldritch Blast, because it also goes hard, RANK 3 visuals are PEAK aesthetic and if you want a charge magic attack build that's a power for you (I know I want, I want a Magic version of Ebon Ruin)
  • Rank 3 Force Blast builds, if you want make a character who uses a cannon arm and fights like Samus Aran from Metroid! Especially since FORCE CASCADE doesn't offer emanation points to be fired like Force Blast!
    • In fact, you really could make a Samus Aran inspired build with Force Blast, Ice Blast, Tactical Missiles! Why would you have so many different Single Target powers? I dunno beyond theme this would fall flat
  • Rank 3 Ego Blast/Mind Break builds... you know how is it with Telepathy
  • Rank 3 Experimental Blaster- Enjoy single pistol blast and getting Hand Injury
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on
Tagged:

Comments

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 933 Arc User
    Yeah, would be fun. Ofc some blasts already hit pretty hard (with the right setup) compared to the others. So, levelling that out might be a nerf to builds like ice and telepathy.. which really don't need less damage.

Also I'd like to see the bug of medusa stack falloff taken care of before any more buggy toys get added.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,110 Arc User
    edited February 8
    vonqball wrote: »
    Yeah, would be fun. Ofc some blasts already hit pretty hard (with the right setup) compared to the others. So, levelling that out might be a nerf to builds like ice and telepathy.. which really don't need less damage.
    The only Blast power i considered getting overpowered would be Richochet Throw
    a Power I'm a huge fan of and I keep forgetting its even tagged as Blast
    That would be easy to fix by making the DPS Boost applying only on the primary target and NOT the secondary AOE Targets (Toxic Nanities, Sonic Device and Miniaturization Drive do that already)

Telepathy is... Telepathy! CC, DoTs and only blasts are alpha strike powers 🤷 No sir I don't like it

Would Ice Blast be that OP?
    My friend also mentioned everyone would run Ice Blast if we ever got that gear 🤔
    I was under the impression Ice Blast fell into Utility-primary! My Ice DPS have it on rank 1 with the debuff adv and my elementalist dps with rank 2 + adv because by being a Rimefire build, it needed a single target power to spam!

I can also think Experimental Blaster could be OP on Tap Spam
    Also I'd like to see the bug of medusa stack falloff taken care of before any more buggy toys get added.
    Oh yeah, that's a thing!
    Admittedly, I don't have any character on Live that uses Medusa's Onslaught (neither on PTS anymore since it got wiped...)
    So I wasn't aware that this bug is still an issue :weary:

I was thinking of using it on a build focused exclusively on Rank 3 Cleave
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 238 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    The only Blast power i considered getting overpowered would be Richochet Throw
    a Power I'm a huge fan of and I keep forgetting its even tagged as Blast
    That would be easy to fix by making the DPS Boost applying only on the primary target and NOT the secondary AOE Targets (Toxic Nanities, Sonic Device and Miniaturization Drive do that already)

Telepathy is... Telepathy! CC, DoTs and only blasts are alpha strike powers 🤷 No sir I don't like it

Would Ice Blast be that OP?
    My friend also mentioned everyone would run Ice Blast if we ever got that gear 🤔
    I was under the impression Ice Blast fell into Utility-primary! My Ice DPS have it on rank 1 with the debuff adv and my elementalist dps with rank 2 + adv because by being a Rimefire build, it needed a single target power to spam!

I can also think Experimental Blaster could be OP on Tap Spam

Without actually doing any math on it and just going solely off gut instinct, I'd feel like Ricochet Throw with a 1.5x base damage buff would be comparable to- or potentially slightly better than- current/post-nerf Force Cascade in terms of DPS depending on how you slice it? Albeit with larger range and some gimmick-y, buggy behavior due to how glitchy Ricochet Throw is on its own. Which is to say... it'd be REALLY good, but it'd mostly shine at add/trash clean-up, and even then for that you'd hope that the game doesn't decide "oh lol your Ricochet Throw doesn't exist any more" on the second or third bounce like what happens sometimes.

Ice Blast would absolutely go off though, since R3'd Ice Blast spam with Cold Snap is already slightly weaker than R2+Bitter Cold Icicle Spear with Defpen+Chilled-Refresh Ice Blast supporting it, at least whenever I've used it. And since there's an adv on Ice Shield that lets you get Cold Snap for tapping it, Ice Form as a slotted passive wouldn't be required, which means some extreme zaniness with "full blast" builds doing something like running Guardian-mastery Night Warrior with Ice Blast for single target, Ricochet Throw for AoE, and using Ice Shield taps to have free Cold Snap.

I know I'd love to see a dedicated Blast-boosting OV piece to match Medusa's OV piece boosting Combos, it's just that a lot of Blasts are already in an "almost great but just barely not" spot so I get the sneaking suspicion this'd be deemed as "a pointless time-waste addition" and not be considered, even if people would like it. But hey, certain combos were already "almost great but just barely not" before Medusa OV got added and boosted them to "oh jesus christ," so you never know for sure! (Teleiosaurus Gloves maybe?...)
    The fact that the forums refuse to tell you how close you are to the character/post size limit until you attempt to post something that happens to be too big- and the automated spam filter will immediately completely lock you out of posting long-term if you attempt to post or edit posts too close to the character limit- is genuine agony.

This is my cry for help
    I would rather see Medusa Gloves get changed to support both combos and blasts. So, pretty much R1 powers get boosted by em.

Bugs aside, making (and playing) medusa glove builds is a bit boring due to the power selection being so limited. So, I think that would make them more fun to use without being a huge power boost.
    I would rather see Medusa Gloves get changed to support both combos and blasts. So, pretty much R1 powers get boosted by em.

Wishful thinking that would add a lot of interesting Combo+Blast builds, but I doubt DEVs would do that!
    They would like more reasons to keep you online so you can spend more time farming Tokens.

That's what been their strategy with events the past years!
    Well, if you make something fun, then more people will farm it. Also, isn't this the thread for wishful thinking?
    Well, if you make something fun, then more people will farm it. Also, isn't this the thread for wishful thinking?

With the way DEVs has been ignoring suggestion forums the past 6+ years?
    I don't see my Suggestion threads as wishful thinking anymore but more like adrenaline surge of inspiration of me yapping what will stay on the Graveyard of ideas

64a.gif

I have become pessimistic and defeatist with this game, can you tell? :weary:

• mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 37 Arc User
    Cool idea. I'd like to see a similar thing for DOT powers.