test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liquid Power Set

dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
Short form: a cross between Wind and Ice. Like Ice, it does Cold Damage; but instead of applying Chilled, it Repels like Wind. Basically, you should be able to use any attack in the Water Set to extinguish the fires in the burning building in West Side.

Consider giving some of the Liquid Powers an Enhancement that causes them to inflict Poison Effects, for an Elemental Projector build that deals in toxic liquids. I don't know if this would be in place of or in addition to the Repels; probably in place of. Also give the Liquid Power Set some Healing powers that represent medicinal liquids, letting this joinf Fire as an Elemental set that can Heal. For instance, a Healing Pool that places a Healing Rune.

When in doubt, I'd pattern powers after Wind Powers -- definitely including the Starter powers.

There are a couple of Powers that should probably belong to at least two of Wind, Liquid, and Ice. Consider creating a Vapor "sub-type" of Elemental that covers all three, much like Supernatural covers both Bestial Supernatural and Infernal Supernatural. I'd put Veil of Mist and Vapor Form here. I'd also put Torrent and Whirlpool here -- not because they represent types of vapor, but because this would allow both Wind and Liquid to claim them.

Specifics that deserve mention:
  • Water Breath and Water Storm would b counterparts to Wind Breath and Hurricane just do Cold damage and Repel, instead of splitting the damage between Cold and Crushing.
  • A "Liquid Bubble" Crowd Control power that works a lot like Ego Choke, incapacitating the target and inflicting Cold damage.
  • The Slotted Passive would boost Cold, Electrical, and Poison.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    We don't have someone to do animations for new emotes for Defender's NTP, so a new power set of any sort is out of the question.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    So, we're not allowed to make suggestions that are unlikely to be implemented?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    So, we're not allowed to make suggestions that are unlikely to be implemented?

Sure, but you have to understand that they are never likely to happen. Some people get bitter when the devs don't jump all over their suggestions (many of which, like water powers, have come up annually), so it's good to have a sense of this history of the game.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!