test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Archetype DPS Chart

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
p8n7mctgr8cq.png

I compiled a DPS comparison of all Range DPS AT, Melee DPS AT, and Hybrid. I set a bunch of rules when I perform this test. I hope this helps give anyone using an AT an idea what their AT can do in term of DPS. I also encourage to test it yourself if you're unsure about my result. Here is my list:
  • All builds are parse within the average of 1 minute
  • Justice Gear
  • Ov Gear
  • Cosmic secondary gear for certain builds
  • All maxed out Mods, ie Rank 9 Super Stats mods/DUC/R9 Damage Mods/Vet Core/Etc
  • No Device
  • Surprise Attack Spec is not allow since the target ingame would not be 90% HP for a few seconds its alive. Unconditional Crit addition is unfair for the rest of the ATs
  • All done solo, no other player giving me Aura or anything that would help boost my stats
  • No Energy Builder; all of this is done with the power given within the AT
  • No AO unless required so
  • All debuff is stack and toggle is stack beforehand
Here is my Parse datas you can look and compare to your notes.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Wow, great work overall! I like how you tested different attacks and rotations on the same ATs. A single 1 min test is a bit on the short side (w/ crit rng and some cds having to be accounted for), but given the sheer amount of setups tested overall it's an understandable limit. Given that, the tests can still be fine as a general comparison, and yea people can always parse for themselves if they want a more precise picture for their setup.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks. Each AT has some variant or power choices that make it obvious that there might be two or more builds. And then the adv some of those powerful Power within said AT has allow more build variant and playing style on top of that. I know that some of the players might go that route or have a different build to fit their theme within an AT. As for the one minute part, yeah that is part of the reason. Crit RNG really effect how effective some AT are with their DPS or not. I have to keep retesting dozens of time until I end up get a decent crit rng, keep the best result, and trash the rest. Then I repeat again for a variant setup. All of these minutes adds up. I figure 1 minute is also fair you since generally don't go one minute without blocking of some kind of content like cosmic (except Kiga if you're one of those people that love to force Healers to heal your during the storm) or event bosses. In a certain way, I see AT like puzzle. Figure out how it ticks with what you have, and then make it work.
  • Options
    Ah I see, so you somewhat curated the tests for rng too (could also take averages of multiple tests). It's a ton of work even w/ just one test per, so this is impressive indeed. I have only skimmed the data, but it is interesting to see the differences in using different ranks and rotations and stuff (apparently the sigils are doing a lot of work for the Hexslinger, though that assumes you can stay close and the sigils don't get destroyed; Tiger's Courage for DW on Unleashed is a bit behind R3, and Single Minded on TGM is slightly better than Close the Gap for Gunslinger- but those could also be down to a bit of rng; and in general ranged and hybrids are showing their 'tax' compared to pure melee- though that's also partly cause the best ranged isn't repped in dps ATs w/ toggle PA, and ranged AT builds tend to be less optimized in general vs. melee ones).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited March 23
    You are correct to assume some of those parts. I do believe that Single Minded and Close the Gap are equal in term of DPS but this is a gear issue. Sniper OV glove only works with Range power that are above 20 feet and Close the Gap requires the user being right next to the target. Because there no way to get the other OV glove in the PTS without grinding for OV token, this ends up being hard to test. The sigil part is correct that you need to be by the target as well and assume it won't get destroy, which tends to happen quite a few times in a cosmic run or a boss that periodically use a giant pbaoe attack. DW in general is just funky and the test dummy isn't really the best place to test when you consider that its more effective against targets with larger armor defense, like cosmic. The gap between Melee vs Range/Hybrid is very visible and you're correct on the build optimization. Most Melee ATs has Dex and Str as their Primary with toggles that use either one of those Super Stats, so its pretty easy to work around with the Super Stats. Meanwhile, a good amount of the Range AT has things like End or Rec as a primary SS and Toggle requirement, and you need to use those SS to do actual damage than your typical Ego SS mods.
  • Options
    Ah, that does shed more light onto it, esp w/ the details about Sniper gloves the the TGM adv (Close the Gap is ideally ~5% more than Single Minded, but that's a pretty small difference as is for the gloves to overcome). Regardless, outside of odd things like DW, most of the results seem to generally make sense overall, and thanks again for compiling all of this 8)
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 191 Arc User
    My only real meaningful thought here- outside of the obvious of "even if curated, just one minute still leaves a lot of room for RNG versus fifteen or ten or even five-" is that it would be nice to see gear differences specified where relevant; which AT used Cosmic secondaries versus Onslaught secondaries and the likes, for both the sake of curiosity and of comparing performances between different gearsets on different ATs and builds at some point down the line / knowing which set is generally best for which.

Regardless, this is going to be very nice to keep in the back pocket.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited March 24
    8u6jvbg4hf9h.png
    That is another thing I tested during this experiment and had a loose understanding of how it might work when comparing both Secondary Set, but I haven't record the data for it. So I just did it recently. During the testing, I always figure that OV set benefit any build in general due to the hard damage bonus as long as the condition is met.

Cosmic Secondary, which I assume its Cosmic Strike, does not have this benefit. However, the 10th hit will always crit, and this is very crucial if it wants to be "better" than the OV Set. The power that take this 100% crit buff has to be a hard hitting power and nothing else. Otherwise, you will severely lose your DPS because you wasted that crit buff on a combo or a debuffing refresher power.

This is very important to builds or AT that has a pretty bad Crit return or charging power, like the Wreaker AT as a prime example of both. Even if you charge your Haymaker completely, the power might be wasted because it doesn't crit. With the Cosmic Strike, at least you could make every 10th hit a Haymaker. So now you're require to micro manage the Cosmic Strike buff during the heat of the battle if you want to maximize this Crit buff.

As for AT or build that use Maintain Power like TGM, Assault Rifle, Incinerate, Soul Beam, etc, you might not benefit the Cosmic Strike in comparison since it would just make one of the many smaller damage package do a bit more damage.

Here is some testing I did to show you as an example. One minute each, of course. I might be wrong, so feel free to try this experiment as well. There isn't that much info from what I seen so far about this.

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    I hope this doesn't derail this wonderful info.

Cosmic Strike should be treated/tagged like the "On Next Hit" powers so that it doesn't waste the 150% crit severity buff on the Energy Builder. As, I've had this happen often enough because the character did still need to be using it, especially when the NEXT hit was an Ultimate that has ridiculously high End requirements.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"