What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phantom Clinging Flame - The mysterious CF stack that BREAKS Rimefire

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited January 1 in Gameplay Bugs
I have 3 Rimefire builds,
1 DPS and 2 tanks
I noticed with the Tank builds who use different ways to apply chill and CFs there is a Hicup with a mysterious CF stack that can reappear after using correctly Rimefire, causing the next Rimefire to break, or its a CF from a power/device that Rimefire doesn't register

So far from my solo play in QWZ, I found out the following powers create a CF that doesn't register as yours

This took a while to report because I needed to find what was causing this
But doing more and more content with those character I could pinpoint it exactly the powers that causing this
  • HW'S Earth Splitter (Fiery Chasm, Engulfing Flames ADVs)
  • Scorching Impact (using it with Workup and Scorched Earth advs)
  • Inner Flame device

Here is the weird thing, this Phantom CF CAN be consumed by "Absorb Fire", and yet not Rimefire

While I was on PTS testing revamped builds that including Icefall I decided to make GIF captures to show how to reproduce
Below on the next posts
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    Phantom #1: HW'S Earth Splitter (Fiery Chasm, Engulfing Flames ADVs)

My Elemental Mage DPS is using Earth Splitter with Fiery Chasm as a substitute for an EARTH Power and CF appliance
    1. Take Earth Splitter
    2. Purchase Fiery Chasm and Engulfing Flames ADV
    3. Fully charge Earth Splitter to apply CF
    4. Fully charge Earth Splitter to consume CF and apply Engulfing Flames, SUDDENLY a new stack of CF will be automatically reapplied
    5. use a power to apply Chilled
    6. Use Rimefire and realize the mechanic failed to trigger, causing Rimefire to go on Cooldown

4IHgx4m.png

OLD Gif
    YqIifHv.gif

NEW Gif
    ykQnXmh.gif

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Phantom #2: Scorching Impact's Firepatch
    Noticed this with my Fire + Ice Tank FF Build
    GIF #1
    bs6BBi3.gif

GIF #2
    Tx1OMr5.gif

GIF #3
    fbzdjN6.gif
    What common thing it's in all those Gifs? Scorching Impact's Firepatch
    After Consumering Chill and CF with Rimefire correct, Scorching Impact's Firepatch will immediately reapply a Phantom Clinging Flame

It's like the CF from this power in particular will force itself back

The only way I found to remove the problematic Phantom CF was to use Absorb Heat
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited January 1
    Phantom #3: Inner flame
    Noticed this both my Fire + Ice Tank and my Dual Blades Rimefire Tank builds
    I noticed as soon as I started leveling the Dual Blade build who was constantly on melee range and could trigger it more often!
    He Only can apply CF with Eruption and Chill from Absorb Heart ADV, making it clear Inner flame is the problem
    XZIwbNN.gif
    Just to make sure I removed every CF power I had so only Inner Flame can trigger!

As you can see from the Gif, the device's CF is a Phantom and breaks yet again Rimefire!
    The only way I found to remove the problematic Phantom CF was to use Absorb Heat
  • Options
    UPDATE: This Phantom Clinging Flame is now happening to my Elementalist DPS, despite he was safe before! I keep getting failed Rimefires!

The build's powers that apply CF are only Flashfire Rank 1+ Sweltering Heat and Earth Splitter Rank 1 + Fiery Chasm (NO engulfing Flames because of the bug above I documented)

The follower Devices are the new Suspects for this Phantom CF
    • Loyal Sidekick: Fire I recently start using this sidekick so I can have access to Engulfing Flames on the build
    • Revenant of Firefight
    • Scorching Storm

Another device that applies CF i have is Celestial Dragon's Breath, I never use this, it's always in my secondary bags!
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Any chances this can be looked up please?

At least with Earth Splitter (Fiery Chasm, Engulfing Flames ADVs) which was easy to find and after HW got revamped Two Times
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    I haven't been able to repro this, unfortunately.
  • Options
    I haven't been able to repro this, unfortunately.

This is the "One Sentence Horror" of CO for me 😩 💔