test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Therakiels Blade Not applying Devoid

apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 22 in Gameplay Bugs
Hello, in my testing the new therakiels blade update is allowing me to apply devoid to training dummies, but is not allowing me to apply devoid to bosses. this is a pretty big issue.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    To me, unless you are mixing in all of the ranged Dimensional damage abilities OR mixing with Unarmed Martial Arts w/ Ghost strikes, what real use is this device?

It isn't synergizing with Heavy Weapons. Nor any other melee abilities.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 21
    warcanch wrote: »
    To me, unless you are mixing in all of the ranged Dimensional damage abilities OR mixing with Unarmed Martial Arts w/ Ghost strikes, what real use is this device?
    1. As a Devoid appliance for Brilliant Cleave PVD or any possible future melee PVD that deals Dimensional damage
    2. TANK Builds with both Melee and Range Dimensional attacks (the only build that RANGE+MELEE works and is more forgiving is 100% tank)
    3. Can be used for Melee DPS alone with Onslaught Gloves of Medusa
    4. Used for Healers Builds without attacks
    5. It looks Cool

Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    1. As a Devoid appliance for Brilliant Cleave PVD or any possible future melee PVD that deals Dimensional damage
    2. TANK Builds with both Melee and Range Dimensional attacks (the only build that RANGE+MELEE works and is more forgiving is 100% tank)
    3. Can be used for Melee DPS alone with Onslaught Gloves of Medusa
    4. Used for Healers Builds without attacks
    5. It looks Cool

1. Brilliant Cleave is also a Combo-tagged power. And does less damage. Why would you have 2 combo powers?
    2. It doesn't have Challenge. Otherwise ... ok.
    3. Do Gloves of Medusa make Combos your "main" or "alpha" attack now?
    4. Um, ok, I suppose.
    5. See #4.

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 21
    1. Brilliant Cleave is also a Combo-tagged power. And does less damage. Why would you have 2 combo powers?
    2. It doesn't have Challenge. Otherwise ... ok.
    3. Do Gloves of Medusa make Combos your "main" or "alpha" attack now?
    4. Um, ok, I suppose.
    5. See #4.

1. Just use Therakiel Blade as your first combo -> Apply FREE Devoid -> Spam Brilliant Cleave -> Refresh Devoid by using Dimensional Collapse+Lingering Darkness! Yes after that Therakiel Blade becomes a dead power :grimace:
    That was you also get a DoT in your build to add up to your Total DPS while using Brilliant Cleave

2. As long as the Tank has Challenge! on 2-3 other powers OSV Gloves of Defender+Confront, that's not issue! You can get Challenge! on Dimensional Collapse combo from #1 as a DOT, and/or your Lunge
    Therakiel's Blade doesn't even have to be the TANK's main attack, only the DEVOID applicator!
    The Melee+Range tank can have Ebon Ruin as primary attack with challenge on it... or even a Celestial power LOL (DPS revamp for Celestial WHEN)

Think outside the Box! That's what I have been trying to do with my FF builds over the years for synergies!

3. Yes, that's the entire gimmick of OSV Medusa Gloves, turning any Rank 3 Combo into your Primary DPS Attack while Debuffing the damage of everything else as Equal Exchange! (except Ultimates)
    Mindstorming on PTS (when I could) I found OSV Medusa Gloves gave both Brilliant Cleave and Therakiel Blade a pretty fine 10.000 Critical on the final hit (without counting additional DoT from

The point is, you can do a lot of things with a free devoid application device that doesn't have a cooldown!
    Without being forced to take Shadow Blast, Dark Tether, Shadow Eruption (though I recommend the last two because they have access to Restoration ADV) or Shadow Scheme to apply devoid (Madness Aura if someone is crazy enough to even pick this useless power)

It was fun to experimenting with them on PTS before it got whiped!

Better device than the Magic Gauntlet device for sure (wasted resources to upgrade it up to rank 2 )
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong here. I'm not totally poo pooing the device. At least, not intentionally.

And, you're preaching to the choir here as I do think outside the box as I try to make use of things disregarded or poo pooed by others. Making builds that don't conform. Trying to make a synergy where I have to jump through many hoops to get there.

I don't post builds because I'm doing them for me. Mostly, I leave it for @Flowcyto to give people optimized builds.

I liked the idea you posted about "future" devices that might work with this item. All of us would enjoy some choices to an elemental or magic or etc MELEE build without having to use a great deal of ranged powers because we have to.

The Magic Gauntlet device needs some lovin'. The old device, Cloak of Infinite Planes, is very subpar, but can apply Bane. However Bane itself does NOT proc an Energy Unlock or toggle Form. If it could, I could make a MELEE magic character. Of course, I still can, but the device(s) are just for show.

And, the Devs did give us 3 poison melee PVDs of TK blades. And, there are others. The PVDs for single blade that become particle or electric. More like those, Devs, please. Especially since we won't get actual powers any more (except Sundering Breath is new).

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
    Closing thread as there's another thread open regarding the issue, and this has ventured into suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.