test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 3/14/2024

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited March 14 in Release Notes
Therakiel Alert Week
  • These alerts will be running for the next week.

Lockbox
The Kaiju Lockbox is now available!

New to this lockbox:
  • Commander Zillargon Sidekick
  • Ultimate Thunderstrike Power Variant Device
  • Monstrous Emote
  • Radioactive Roar Costume Transformation
  • Kaiju Costume Box
  • Molten Aura Box
  • Radiated Aura Box

Kaiju Costume Box
  • Kaiju Tights
  • Kaiju Head 1
  • Kaiju Head 2
  • Kaiju Armor
  • Kaiju Collar
  • Kaiju Shoulders
  • Kaiju Spine
  • Kaiju Wings
  • Kaiju Arm Armor
  • Kaiju Bracers
  • Kaiju Claws
  • Kaiju Spike
  • Kaiju Tail
  • Kaiju Waist
  • Kaiju Leg Armor
  • Kaiju Knee Spikes
  • Kaiju Greaves
  • Kaiju Feet

Molten Aura Box
  • Obsidian Aura (Full)
  • Obsidian Aura (Full) (Color)
  • Obsidian Aura (Full) (Rainbow)
  • Obsidian Aura (Tights)
  • Obsidian Aura (Tights) (Color)
  • Obsidian Aura (Tights) (Rainbow)
  • Obsidian Aura (Body)
  • Obsidian Aura (Body) (Color)
  • Obsidian Aura (Body) (Rainbow)
  • Obsidian Aura (Armor)
  • Obsidian Aura (Armor) (Color)
  • Obsidian Aura (Armor) (Rainbow)
  • Molten Aura
  • Molten Aura (White)
  • Molten Aura (Rainbow)
  • Molten Pulse Aura
  • Molten Pulse Aura (White)
  • Molten Pulse Aura (Rainbow) (Black)

Radiated Aura Box
  • Radiated Aura (Full)
  • Radiated Aura (Full)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Full)(White)
  • Radiated Aura (Head)
  • Radiated Aura (Head)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Head)(White)
  • Radiated Aura (Chest)
  • Radiated Aura (Chest)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Chest)(White)
  • Radiated Aura (Hands)
  • Radiated Aura (Hands)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Hands)(White)
  • Radiated Aura (Feet)
  • Radiated Aura (Feet)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Feet)(White)
  • Radiated Aura (Tail)
  • Radiated Aura (Tail)(Black)
  • Radiated Aura (Tail)(White)

ZEN Store
Added Kaiju Key Pack to the ZEN store.
  • 20x Cosmic Keys
  • 1x Sharp Fins Costume
  • 25x Right Eye of the Sapphire Dragon mods.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Perks
  • Collect the Kaiju costume set, unlock the Giant Monster perk.
  • Send out the Commander Zillargon sidekick, unlock the High Voltage perk.
  • Unlock the Radioactive Roar transformation on 5 characters, unlock the Radioactive perk.
  • Unlock the Monstrous emote on 5 characters, unlock the Feral perk. Known issue: The emote is currently not unlocking account wide when completed. This will be fixed next week.

Fixer Vendor
  • Added stores that lists obtainable perk rewards. Most perks grant the reward via the perk completion, but this store will allow you to purchase any that may have been missed.

Trade Paperback
  • Moved all pieces of Aurum Accelerator, Gunslingers, Sorceror's Might, and Supersensory gear to the trade paperback store.

Drifter
  • Travel devices are now bind to account on pickup.
  • Added travel devices to Fixer store to change existing items to be account bound.
  • Added Electric Slide travel device.
  • Increased cost of Omicron Induced Strength and Psionic Accelerator devices.
  • Reduced cost of Cupid's Arrow device.
  • Added a new store that will appear when the Collector's event is active. This store will have the past 3 lockboxes purchasable for 50 Drifter Salvage. Upon purchase the lockbox will automatically open.
  • Moved Dataminer auras to the Cybermind alert as a possible drop.

Powers
Sigils of the Storm
  • Added a 10% chance to apply Negative Ions that increases with rank.

Ball Lightning
  • Increased chance to apply Negative Ions by 5% for ranks 2 and 3.

Electric Current
  • Adjustments to FX.

New Power: Sundering Breath
  • Electricity Framework
  • Unlockable from the Perks store by acquiring the High Voltage perk.
  • Deals continuous Electrical damage in a cylinder.
  • Damage is doubled against targets affected by Negative Ions. Consumes Negative Ions upon hit.
  • Adv: (2) Heals you whenever the power consumes Negative Ions.

Sorcery Aura Passives
  • Made a change to how these apply when multiple users are using them. They will no longer continuously randomly overlap, however the first application will take priority over other applications.

Devices
Ultimate Thunderstrike
  • Scales off of Thunderstrike.
  • Deals damage in a area effect. Damage is lowered against secondary targets.
  • Applies Negative Ions and Knocks Down targets.
  • Applies Ionic Field on the main target, increasing Electrical damage taken for a short time.

Cloak of the Infinite Planes
  • Corrected the damage for the first two hits of the device as it was using damage values for lower activation times.
  • Adjusted the activation time to 0.67 (from .7). Damage has been increased.
  • Corrected cost for the activation times. Cost has been increased.
  • Increased the activation time of the 3rd hit to 0.83 (from 0.7). Increased damage for new activation time.

Psionic Accelerator
  • Reduced activation time to 0.83 sec (from 1), increased charge time to 1.17 sec (from 1) to standardize activation time with other powers. No change in overall time it takes to use the power.
  • Upgraded rarity to Cosmic.

Omicron Induced Strength
  • Reduced activation time to 1 sec (from 1.3).
  • Reduced damage to match new activation time.
  • Knock Down is now guaranteed.
  • Upgraded rarity to Gold.

Ice Grenades
  • Increased activation time to 1.67 sec (from 1.6).
  • Removed snare and root effect, device now applies an Ice Cage root on targets.
  • Upgraded rarity to Cosmic.

Cupid's Arrow
  • Reduced rarity to Purple.

Asclepial Serum
  • Changed to a Consumable device.
  • Increased heal effect.
  • Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds (from 5 minutes).

Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
  • Changed Daze effect to Snare.

Thunderbolt Wand
  • Corrected tooltip to state that the power causes Disorient instead of Daze.

Khusor's Doom
  • Changed to a toggle to match other summon devices.
  • Added pet boost effects to the Gnashers.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    Lots of interesting stuff, but what does "Send out the Commander Zillargon sidekick, unlock the High Voltage perk." mean?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Summoning the sidekick.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Nice stuff, but it reminds me why I hate the system messages about it again, can't stand in a hideout or instance without being spammed by those messages of what people got. Is this still necessary to be this annoying?

I know you want to drive sells of lockboxes this way, to keep the game alive also, which is good, but it rather makes me want to log off instead and not look at the game anymore. It not helps since you still lose overview of all, like the AH not able to sort out already owned costumes.

Or keep moving items around to traders like Paperback or Event Items seemingly never coming back or be moved in odd spots too. I wish we still had a wiki at least to make such easier.
  • Options
    Or keep moving items around to traders like Paperback or Event Items seemingly never coming back or be moved in odd spots too. I wish we still had a wiki at least to make such easier.

Maybe start a wiki?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 15

Electricity Framework
    Unlockable from the Perks store by acquiring the High Voltage perk.
    Deals continuous Electrical damage in a cylinder.
    Damage is doubled against targets affected by Negative Ions. Consumes Negative Ions upon hit.
    Adv: (2) Heals you whenever the power consumes Negative Ions.
    If that's how we get NEW POWERS that are reskins of Breath powers and via versa, so be it! For the cost of a Single Sidekick!

Can't drop Electrical Current on the FF Build this power fits, because Sundering Breath doesn't have a STUN CC!

Yeah ehm... More utility ADVs please?
    Devices
    Ultimate Thunderstrike

Scales off of Thunderstrike.
    Deals damage in a area effect. Damage is lowered against secondary targets.
    Applies Negative Ions and Knocks Down targets.
    Applies Ionic Field on the main target, increasing Electrical damage taken for a short time.

I'm gonna need to buy like 6 of those from Auction House when it gets Cheap! :grimace:
    Thunderstrike is legit one of my favourite elemental powers, I was hoping it would become a PVD

Ultimate Rocket from Munition as PVD next, please! 🚀 🚀 🚀
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Nice stuff, but it reminds me why I hate the system messages about it again, can't stand in a hideout or instance without being spammed by those messages of what people got. Is this still necessary to be this annoying?

I know you want to drive sells of lockboxes this way, to keep the game alive also, which is good, but it rather makes me want to log off instead and not look at the game anymore. It not helps since you still lose overview of all, like the AH not able to sort out already owned costumes.

Interesting enough, it appears there WAS a command that disables Text Floater
    but suspiciously it doesn't work. anymore!

The Messages are nothing more than a manipulating spam that exist to Lure people to Gamble on the lockbox
    LOOK Guys, this player got super special awesome reward from Gambling in our Lockbox, it could be yours too if you Gamble~ Come one gamers! 83% of Gamblers quit right before they would have hit the big one :grimace:

The best you can do right now is to move the Text Floater from the center of the screen to a corner!
    That's what I did while capturing GIFs for my projects, because the lockbox messages have been RUINING my shots!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    The best you can do right now is to move the Text Floater from the center of the screen to a corner!
    That's what I did while capturing GIFs for my projects, because the lockbox messages have been RUINING my shots!

Isn't there a way to make that text black so that it disappears against the fill of the chat/text area?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    The fire and Cold breath weapons apply the CF / Chill.
    CAn Sundering Breath apply NI? My Elemental breathing dragon character needs a NI applying power to take advantage of Sundering Breath.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Why would ANYONE spend 50 Drifter salvage on a single use consumable item (Asclepial Serum)? Nice heal and such, but 50 Drifter Salvage per use? Not gonna happen.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited March 15

Electricity Framework
    Damage is doubled against targets affected by Negative Ions. Consumes Negative Ions upon hit.
    If that's how we get NEW POWERS that are reskins of Breath powers and via versa, so be it! For the cost of a Single Sidekick!

Can't drop Electrical Current on the FF Build this power fits, because Sundering Breath doesn't have a STUN CC!

Yeah ehm... More utility ADVs please?
    The possibilities and Potential for future new powers using PERK system with Sidekicks 🤔
    I would be all in for Frost/Wind/Fire/Venomous Breath becoming reskin powers that fire from hands
    and Crushing Wave becoming a reskin power for Breath
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Isn't there a way to make that text black so that it disappears against the fill of the chat/text area?​​
    Not that I'm aware of, but again the Wiki Archives with wayback machine have a huge amount of commands that have "Unknown" use
    http://web.archive.org/web/20130807162206/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List
    The fire and Cold breath weapons apply the CF / Chill.
    CAn Sundering Breath apply NI? My Elemental breathing dragon character needs a NI applying power to take advantage of Sundering Breath.
    You are basically Forced to use Ball Lightning + Triplicity ADV to take advantage of Sundering Breath's gimmick

Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Molten Aura Box
    Molten Aura
    Molten Aura (White)
    Molten Aura (Rainbow)
    Molten Pulse Aura
    Molten Pulse Aura (White)
    Molten Pulse Aura (Rainbow) (Black)

Frame 1 Disappointment-buyers remorse with those auras! :weary:
    The visuals are TOO SMALL on both Short and Big characters!
    0d9d81fc4e3ff5164db46c36944a99bb1710439646.png

The preview image is NOT Accurate!
    The size of those cracks/runes are nothing like the image!

I wanted to use them as cool Body Tattoo Runes...
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    Why would ANYONE spend 50 Drifter salvage on a single use consumable item (Asclepial Serum)? Nice heal and such, but 50 Drifter Salvage per use? Not gonna happen.

Consumable Device is a term for support devices that share a linked cooldown, like potions.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Isn't there a way to make that text black so that it disappears against the fill of the chat/text area?
    Not that I'm aware of, but again the Wiki Archives with wayback machine have a huge amount of commands that have

Ah, I mean the text that appears in the chat box. That can easily be colored black. The Notifications message box that appears in the middle of the screen can be just be moved behind the Powers Tray and it is not really noticable there.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited March 15

Consumable Device is a term for support devices that share a linked cooldown, like potions.

I looked at a few of my characters, especially one with the Vulture potion. Does say "consumable" but it doesn't remove one on use. I know I have 1 or 2 w/ Asclepial, but usually not kept in the slot, but can't find one at the moment.

Otherwise, thanks for the clarification.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    These Drifter changes and making tps account bound is really surprising. I welcome these changes.

Cupid's Arrow really should have a cooldown reduction.
  • Options
    These Drifter changes and making tps account bound is really surprising. I welcome these changes.

Cupid's Arrow really should have a cooldown reduction.

Many devices could see more use with a proper cooldown. Drifter, Q, UNTIL, reward, etc. Even old crafted items w/ a 5 minute base cooldown should get a reduction. More of them would get used with this.

• Options
    edited March 17
    Sorcery Aura Passives

Made a change to how these apply when multiple users are using them. They will no longer continuously randomly overlap, however the first application will take priority over other applications.
    This is just an invitation for Disaster!
    A Grimoire, A VOID with AOED, and a FF Hybrid with AORP can screw up Cosmics aura distribution because they arrived first!

Why doesn't the Healer, with the BIGGER Support Aura Numbers, doesn't simply eat the Smaller aura? Are they stupid?
    https://youtu.be/-06ki92PyVY?si=zNNea5Y-gwIC0U-J
  • Options
    It's not something we are able to do, unfortunately.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 194 Arc User
    I just noticed, is this a recent nerf change or something I missed months ago? Note the target cap.

QpM1WJu.png

Seen on top: an unranked/R1 Flamethrower on a character that hasn't taken it at all.
    Seen on bottom, a R2+Single Minded Flamethrower on a different character that uses it.

I tested it in the powerhouse and wound up confirming that this isn't just a typo, and Single Minded Flamethrower is only hitting 4 targets instead of 5.

Reducing the target cap to 4 for Single Minded is honestly pointless when Flamethrower is already so unwieldy (read: 50' range, only 30* cone on top of that, and halves movement speed while maintaining as well) and on top of that doesn't do as much as one would think in the way of damage even at max ramp-up Single Minded compared to other similar (mobile) maintains and tapspams. Lowering the target cap also brings it further out of line with- to my knowledge- every other cone attack, too.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    nickcave33nickcave33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    sundering breath doesn't unlock account wide? used it on the char i opened the boxes with but cant take it on any other toon.
    thats kinda silly.
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    I tested it in the powerhouse and wound up confirming that this isn't just a typo, and Single Minded Flamethrower is only hitting 4 targets instead of 5.
    It's been like that the whole time. H4 pointed it out to me when Single Minded was implemented.
  • Options
    edited March 18
    nickcave33 wrote: »
    sundering breath doesn't unlock account wide? used it on the char i opened the boxes with but cant take it on any other toon.
    thats kinda silly.

It IS an account Wide Unlock power! I jumped on PTS with two different characters to confirm it with the Sidekick+Perk

Have you checked the requirements?

"Requires 5 Powers from Electricity or 6 Non-energy-building powers from any framework"

EDIT: Just to make things clear, the perk itself DOESN'T automatically unlock the power!
    You need to Visit the FIXER with the character who owns the perk to purchase it in order to unlock it
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited March 18

Electricity Framework

... it has the visuals of Lighting Arc!? :weary:
    It's a single beam of electricity, no spread to hint it's an aoe cylinder
    It's just Lighting Arc using head as emanation point

Not the visuals of Electrical Current or the Terak Generator's device that is literally electric breath
    Vy8EYxD.gif
    Talking about underwhelming, you literally have Terak Generator here as Base

It's only 3 foot cylinder, but still
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Wish Sundering Breath
    1) had a wider Aoe like other breath attacks
    2) Had a chance to add NI (Like other breath powers had addon effects (Though Wind seemed to just have a knock down effect)
  • Options
    nickcave33nickcave33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    thats kinda silly.

It IS an account Wide Unlock power! I jumped on PTS with two different characters to confirm it with the Sidekick+Perk

Have you checked the requirements?

"Requires 5 Powers from Electricity or 6 Non-energy-building powers from any framework"

EDIT: Just to make things clear, the perk itself DOESN'T automatically unlock the power!
    You need to Visit the FIXER with the character who owns the perk to purchase it in order to unlock it

ah thanks. didn't know you needed to visit the fixer. ty
  • Options
    edited March 18
    Trade Paperback
    Moved all pieces of Aurum Accelerator, Gunslingers, Sorceror's Might, and Supersensory gear to the trade paperback store.

These items have no consistency upon purchasing them. Some are Bind to Account on Equip and the others are Bind to Account on Pickup.

Please change them all to Bind to Account on Equip. Though, after having asked for that, I'm sure it'll get changed to Bind to Account on Pickup, if any changes are made.

• Options
    edited March 18
    ah thanks. didn't know you needed to visit the fixer. ty

Remember the good old days when we used purple power vouchers to simply and easily unlock a new power ;)​​
    JwLmWoa.png