test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Giant Monster

kijra411kijra411 Posts: 14 Arc User
Let me start by saying I'm one of those people who like to create fun and interesting characters. After all i have 91 characters at the moment. Some are good, some are bad and some are really bad. Playing a concept character can be challenging but i like the challenge. And so i thought why not make a giant monster. And the most famous giant monster of all is... drum roll please ... Godzilla. However, i have no idea how to go about this. I have some ideas about the powers but that is it. Invulnerability to ignore the small fries. Inexorable Tides = Tail Swipe. (I've tested the animations and this is doable) Tremor, Fissure or Power Stomp would work as well. I wanted to use Incinerate as a breath weapon but sadly this is locked in place and cannot be moved to head position. If any of you expert build makers out there have any ideas i would appreciate any incite you have.
Never Give Up, Never Surrender.
A wise man has nothing to prove, he just is.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 7
    Well, not as many things can be shot from the head area. In Fire, Fireball is prob your best bet for single-target dmg that still has Head emanation available, so I may take that (and obv Fire Breath for wider AoE). Inex Tides is a melee attack, so in a ranged build it's going to be a bit odd to fit in, but you could keep it to briefly CC/interrupt nearby mobs if they get close. One other order of contention is getting a thematic way to apply Engulfing Flames, cause it would be nice to have that debuff to boost Fireball's single-target dmg, at least. Fire Snake is still prob the easiest fit for that; even if it's summoned w/ the hands, it's still just an instant cast (so at least it's better than, say, Heat Wave or Flame Prison, and I assume you don't want the character throwing a Muni grenade either). Another potential option is Earth Splitter's EF adv, but only if you have invis weapons unlocked for HW. Regardless, here's an example build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Hybrid)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fireball (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 8: Chilled Form
    Level 11: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Spitfire)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 23: Fissure (Rank 2, Reconstruct)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Inexorable Tides (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Retaliation (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be w/e ya want.

For single-targets, it uses Fire Snake to apply/refresh Engulfing Flames, and otherwise uses charged Fireball as its main attack. Fire Breath can be the main AoE, though Fissure, Fire Snake, and/or Inex Tides can also be thrown in. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some End and Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    kijra411kijra411 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Ah, an expert has appeared. Thanks brother i follow many of your builds. Even if i tweak them a bit to fit theme they are definitely some good stuff. Thanks for the assist. i will try this build out soon as possible
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.
    A wise man has nothing to prove, he just is.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Sure thing. Hope you like the build, and yea edit it however you like.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!