test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion related to "Harsh" range on "parental bond" effect

Recently i attempted to main tank Dino (cosmic version) and was met with a rather disturbing result. Almost every single time my tank partner pulled the hatchling, Mother Dino's damage spiked to unmanagable levels. more then once i was oneshot THROUGH block and for reference, i am a defiance tank with 105% base resistance, brilliance mod and a fully procced advantage on my ebon ruin block. (This means at the time these onshots occurrred my character had over 250% resistance from various sources (i am aware that passive res and base res are not on same layer)
When a tank character has 105% base resist, +20% from brilliance +50% from darkness block advantage +138% from defiance, there is simply no situation where a character with this much resistance and HP should be fully oneshot while blocking. in all situations where this happened baby was moving but was not far away. The effect being like this currently promotes multiple bad habits for tank players, such as tanks feeling they are obligated to stack nothing but constitution even though most of the bosses in game do not require such a thing, My suggestion is to closer take a look at the range that causes this effect to scale up, it is a tad overtuned and is resulting in this fight being much more tedious for tank players then it simply needs to be.

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Kigatilik needs 1 tank, 1 cc, and at least 1 good healer. His right arm extended, fist bobbing, AoE shot is the only one of his powers that can be diffused (soaked) by another tank. However, any moderately geared tank can solo this cosmic encounter.

Qwyjibo needs 1 tank, 1 cc, and at least good healer. His AoE fist pound (not the wireframe one that knocks everyone then applies lava after) is the only power of his that can be diffused (soaked). However, any moderately geared tank can solo this cosmic encounter.

Teleiosaurus needs at least 2 tanks and can sometimes get by with just 1 healer. However, as Baby Dino needs to be pulled a short distance away, a 2nd healer is practically necessary. And since Teleiosaurus now does her Hungering Maw bite twice in a row relatively frequently, another healer is needed because these bites can crit and it is becoming near impossible to fully heal the solo tank back to healthy enough to survive the second bite. Which can be exacerbated by Baby's wireframe coming at a time you need to block and not try to heal the tank(s).

Right now, the best way Teleiosaurus' fight can be successfully completed is for there to be another tank to diffuse (soak) the double bites.

Then, add in the uber damage happening as the OP describes, makes this encounter one where we frequently have to regather on the hilltop after another group wipe.

One other personal observation about the Teleiosaur encounter. When Baby dino spawns in, IF we fail the dps check (usually because of Baby spawning and immediately breathing AT the dps pack, so we have to BLOCK), it seems that initiates about a 30 second bout of both dinos doing their assorted wireframe attacks. It doesn't seem to happen if we pass that baby-spawning, first dps check.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited January 28
    I think that Baby needs to:
    • Only have access to Bite, Tail Swipe & have all of its AoE's reduced to a maximum range of 50ft.

OR
    • Remove all AoE wireframe abilities from Baby.

OR
    • During DPS checks, Baby cannot animate/apply/use wireframe attacks.

I think one of the other problems aside from the unnecessary buffing of Dino with the bite speed thing, is that Baby can still visually use its wireframe attacks during DPS checks.

Recently as in the past 2-3 weeks, I've been at Dino's where Baby's AoE has happened during a check and players have been stunned/knocked/damaged.

It is legitimately one of the most frustrating fights in CO. People have honestly diverted to Eido and done it twice before considering Dino.

I really hope it is looked at.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    Right now, the best way Teleiosaurus' fight can be successfully completed is for there to be another tank to diffuse (soak) the double bites.

This is the key part. Dino mom is almost trival if there is a soak tank and an MT who knows what they are doing. But, sometimes it is hard to even find 2 tanks, let along three. Of course, this assumes that the dps is sufficient to cover 3 tansk and 2-3 heals.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Speaking of the Wireframes ....

I think the hitbox of Teleiosaur and Baby are ovals and not circles. And, their wireframes are NEVER exact. We can be standing CLEARLY outside of the wireframe and still have it's effects hit us.

You can see where the sweet spot is on all of the cosmics by following the beams (power armor, incinerate, etc) hitting them. This should be the exact center of where the wireframe is determined.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"